**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Great looking out on the Dillards Sale!

Attachments

• IMG_5575.jpeg
    IMG_5575.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 273
When people tell me the Polo Factory Store stuff is the same as retail but at a discount, I usually point them to this article. It’s not the same most of the time.

The difference between most Polo items is negligible. The biggest difference Ive seen is at the Clarks outlet. They dont sell real wallabees with the crepe soles, but they are called something different. They just look like wallies until you touch that hard *** sole!

The difference between most Polo items is negligible.
Most of the little pony apparel yes, but man the Factory Store version of anything Polo Sport or any of the limited collections they just slap on a big pony or Ralph Lauren instead on em. I just came across two jackets last night to compare for example. The one from my previous Factory Store post and the retail one. It’s sometimes tough to wear Factory Store stuff when you know the retail versions look better/cleaner.

Attachments

• IMG_2979.jpeg
    IMG_2979.jpeg
    494.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3102.png
    IMG_3102.png
    871.8 KB · Views: 81
Most of the little pony apparel yes, but man the Factory Store version of anything Polo Sport or any of the limited collections they just slap on a big pony or Ralph Lauren instead on em. I just came across two jackets last night to compare for example. The one from my previous Factory Store post and the retail one. It’s sometimes tough to wear Factory Store stuff when you know the retail versions look better/cleaner.
In this specific example you’re referencing I’m fairly certain the factory store version was in retail stores last year. I don’t disagree with your overall point, but in this case they are definitely 2 different jackets. One is winter holiday patchwork and the other is country/farm patchwork.

Last edited:
My bad. The two patchwork jackets was a bad example, but you guys got the point I was getting across.

Here’s a better example of what I meant on the Polo Sport comparison.

16FB4007-5529-46F7-B51B-FA77E2D6A2B5.jpeg
DE9882E6-CF50-40D5-81EC-C5000A336AE6.jpeg

IMG_3113.jpeg
IMG_3114.jpeg
IMG_3112.jpeg

Last edited:
Usually those puffer jackets have less fill/not as warm as the retail version, among other things. But yeah those were 2 different jackets.

Another example is the tiger varsity. Outlet version didn't have any of the writing or patches on the sleeves, the patches on the pockets, or the metal buttons. And only had 1 pin on the P. They did same thing with navy blue one with the winged foot a few years ago. The back was completely blank.

1000009046.jpg

Usually those puffer jackets have less fill/not as warm as the retail version, among other things. But yeah those were 2 different jackets.

Another example is the tiger varsity. Outlet version didn't have any of the writing or patches on the sleeves, the patches on the pockets, or the metal buttons. And only had 1 pin on the P. They did same thing with navy blue one with the winged foot a few years ago. The back was completely blank.

1000009046.jpg
Yeah materials in comparison is another thing I forgot to mention. It’s crazy how they skimp out on some of the details from the retail versions like excluding the patches. Here’s another for comparison.

IMG_8643.jpeg
IMG_8638.jpeg
IMG_3110.jpeg

Last edited:
The difference between most Polo items is negligible. The biggest difference Ive seen is at the Clarks outlet. They dont sell real wallabees with the crepe soles, but they are called something different. They just look like wallies until you touch that hard *** sole!
Made this mistake years ago thinking I was getting a deal on Wally’s never again felt super flimsy and cheap. I think the outlet ones are called Stinsons.

1000009046.jpg
The navy blue track one had nothing on the outlet version :lol: just the P on the chest

The Wally’s are real just different soles. There Called padmore with the solid type of sole is actually a shoe and style of another shoe company altogether. Clarks original are the crepe (all models) remember that sole is for more the environments of uk / Caribbean as that hard is for more the destructive environment (walk one nyc city block and look at ya joints.. yeah )
I have both and the only difference is the sole not much else (suede might be a lil / shaggy softer on the padmore) now with that being said yes the outlets stuff is made with less love like everything. Some made in London some in the us.
If you find vintage lo from the outlets With the “dots” on the tag look at and compare them ,might be one thing off if anything, same with the teddy from the outlets compared to after the “bring it back” campaign also the first time they retroed the scribbil hats for OL’s only (05/06 ?) then when they retroed the scribbil line they change the strap not look at the new scribbil hat are made to specks like the old ones even came with some fly wool ones🔥🔥

Last edited:
You're not talking about these are you...

Cuz that's a different brand and I believe they do have the real rubber crepe (soft) sole. The ones I am talking about at the Clark's Outlets look just like regular Wallabees, but they don't have the soft rubber crepe sole, they have a harder plastic feeling one.

You're not talking about these are you...

Cuz that's a different brand and I believe they do have the real rubber crepe (soft) sole. The ones I am talking about at the Clark's Outlets look just like regular Wallabees, but they don't have the soft rubber crepe sole, they have a harder plastic feeling one.
Only the Clark original has the crepe sole (hang tag ) and the padmore has the hard sole. Yes there is a shoe company padmore that is also the style name of that type of sole universally

They used to…you know the rest when heads don’t know how to act🤦🏾

Also how you know it’s not the crepe’s no hang tag and the little red tag on the upper by the collar of the shoe.
4A883CBF-9A04-4158-A004-976418436CB0.jpeg
AA613F2E-8A75-4E49-AE6C-648E7445B8D2.jpeg

Now originals has used the padmore sole in the pass on some collaboration pairs like one of the futura ones that came out years ago.

357B8641-D389-4D10-8FAF-8CFCEA2CBC48.jpeg

Attachments

• 84BB254C-487D-49C4-89B5-97F7A433E21C.jpeg
    84BB254C-487D-49C4-89B5-97F7A433E21C.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom