**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I had seen the hat on the left at the outlet and tried it on. Great hat except for the brim which is what kept me from buying. Fit really weird on me. I'll probably go back to see if I can find the hat on the right tho. Hopefully that one may suit me better.
It’s the pre-bent bill
the way they stitched it.
Horrible ,and it’s not just rl that this practice
I don’t think it’s the pre bent brim, I think it’s the depth of it, they cut it wayyyyy to shallow and it only covers the top 10% of a persons head on some yamaka shi

Been eyein this piece for a long long time. Finally got it my boys
IMG_0310.jpeg
where you cop this at?

I had seen the hat on the left at the outlet and tried it on. Great hat except for the brim which is what kept me from buying. Fit really weird on me. I'll probably go back to see if I can find the hat on the right tho. Hopefully that one may suit me better.
I got a polo sport hat that's cut like that... If you got a big *** head it won't fit right... 😂

I got a hat head so 99.7 percent of hats look good on me ..

Definitely gonna swing the block at the outlets for that hat cause it was going for 98 bucks a couple years ago. I'm sure they've got some nice discounts going on ...

The hat on the right has a longer brim and should fit better all around

It’s the pre-bent bill
the way they stitched it.
Horrible ,and it’s not just rl that this practice
there’s been a couple of hats recently that were alright but hats like this are the worst. Problem is finding vintage ones that aren’t beat I’ve seen lots of power piece brims that people want top dollar but are gross looking 🤢.

I don’t think it’s the pre bent brim, I think it’s the depth of it, they cut it wayyyyy to shallow and it only covers the top 10% of a persons head on some yamaka shi

Ralphy will "Danny-Devito-cut" a hat in a minute!

Danny Devito; Ralph doesn't just serve his fit for top gear any more!
Danny Devito cut.jpg
6C0E486F-EBEC-4963-A8C3-A9FA50829A01.jpeg

One of the top culprits of this atrocity crown wise
there’s been a couple of hats recently that were alright but hats like this are the worst. Problem is finding vintage ones that aren’t beat I’ve seen lots of power piece brims that people want top dollar
but are gross looking 🤢.
It’s been like that from jump sadly. That part I never understood. You should see some it in person 😂 stinky lo.
I seen a few I like the looks recently, I’ve let more hats go than bought the last few years.
I could never in good good conscience sell anything like that.

6C0E486F-EBEC-4963-A8C3-A9FA50829A01.jpeg

One of the top culprits of this atrocity crown wise

It’s been like that from jump sadly. That part I never understood. You should see some it in person 😂 stinky lo.
I seen a few I like the looks recently, I’ve let more hats go than bought the last few years.
I could never in good good conscience sell anything like that
Pretty wild I get vintage clothes aren’t going to look brand new regardless of how well taken care of they are but why does anyone think anyone wants to pay $500+ for something that looks like roadkill or used toilet tissue 😂.

Does anyone know when the RL 2000 line was launched and discontinued. It was a great line with some dope pieces, never gets talked about. Maybe the POLO gurus can shed some insight. Thanks

Does anyone know when the RL 2000 line was launched and discontinued. It was a great line with some dope pieces, never gets talked about. Maybe the POLO gurus can shed some insight. Thanks
Believe it was 91 or 92-94. Dope line that suffered a bit because good material/construction befitting the line (more "hi tech" than Hi Tech) really was not available until years later. Would love to see it retrod with modern materials

Rl2000_Boot.jpg

I got a polo sport hat that's cut like that... If you got a big *** head it won't fit right... 😂

I got a hat head so 99.7 percent of hats look good on me ..

Definitely gonna swing the block at the outlets for that hat cause it was going for 98 bucks a couple years ago. I'm sure they've got some nice discounts going on ...

The hat on the right has a longer brim and should fit better all around
I got a peanut head and that **** still fits terrible 😂

1993. Launched along the Snow Beach collection. Here is an article about the launch
IMG_1773.jpeg

Edit: since we talking RL2000, just acquired the red powder pants. Here is my RL 2000 collection.
IMG_2658.jpeg

IMG_2660.jpeg

IMG_2662.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got around to wearing this, at the sub $40 I got it for it's definitely worth it but at MSRP which was 198?!?!? absolutely not

IMG_9081.jpg

great deal, and I’d have instantly grabbed ….

If I hadn’t purchased 3 other patchwork RRL pieces over the last 1-2mo.

IMG_5423.jpeg

Guy on ebay has some great RRL pieces (in multiple sizes) and priced aggressively.

This patchwork work shirt isn’t one of the $595 ones, but it’s one of the “patchwork sweater workshirt” that sell for like $1600 - selling for $400.

my recent pickups - 2 fall-winter releases and 1 spring-summer:

IMG_5418.jpeg
IMG_5416.jpeg
IMG_5419.jpeg

The bottom one was from this last fall/winter… hasn’t arrived yet. When I saw it went back in stock 2-3 days ago, jumped to grab it asap before it sold out again. Really dig the mix on this one.

Back
Top Bottom