**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Any good factory coupons out there?
This all I got breh
IMG_0542.png

great deal, and I’d have instantly grabbed ….

If I hadn’t purchased 3 other patchwork RRL pieces over the last 1-2mo.

IMG_5423.jpeg

Guy on ebay has some great RRL pieces (in multiple sizes) and priced aggressively.

This patchwork work shirt isn’t one of the $595 ones, but it’s one of the “patchwork sweater workshirt” that sell for like $1600 - selling for $400.

my recent pickups - 2 fall-winter releases and 1 spring-summer:

IMG_5418.jpeg
IMG_5416.jpeg
IMG_5419.jpeg

The bottom one was from this last fall/winter… hasn’t arrived yet. When I saw it went back in stock 2-3 days ago, jumped to grab it asap before it sold out again. Really dig the mix on this one.
The Lebron joint (Worn first game after Kobe died rip)
IMG_0484.jpeg

got the other 2 RRL patchwork work shirts over last couple days.

Pricing seems insane… $595 for a button down work shirt?

But now that I’ve got em?

Will be tough for me to buy anymore polo branded ones.

the signature“limited edition” seasonal RRL workshirt has to be one of the best items RL makes.

The gap between the polo stuff and this? Shocking.

this last autumn/winter version = instantly one of my fave RL pieces of all time. For any hardcore RL fans - this is like a museum piece.

Pictures suck, had to take em quick… I’ll get better ones later this week. The official shots of the new RRL workshirt don’t do it justice.

3 Rrl , 3 polo (2 retail, 1 factory)

IMG_5453.jpeg

IMG_5449.jpeg

jamesjyers jamesjyers they're all fuego:nthat:

Love ‘em all…

But the polo factory patchwork has definitely gotten the most mileage on it.

Fits great. Works with lots of stuff. Got it for $80-100 off ebay - don’t need to worry about babying it…

The patchwork work shirts are good investment. One of the busier items that doesn’t get weird to wear as you get older.

Always boggles my mind when Macys has a RL product that the RL website doesn't have. Once I get the courage I'll probably grab this in the few weeks or so. No rush for anything at this moment.

1709851791614.png

Attachments

• 1709851765904.png
    1709851765904.png
    422.3 KB · Views: 99
Macys closing 150 stores has to be a blow to RL. From what I understand they still do a huge amount of business in those Polo sections. I heard today that basically all of the stores in the Baltimore/Washington area are on the chopping block

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308_090025_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_090025_Facebook.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 359
Many of them are being replaced with Bloomingdale's locations supposedly. I doubt RL is that stressed about it, whatever Macy's won't stock they'll just go direct to consumer

Macys closing 150 stores has to be a blow to RL. From what I understand they still do a huge amount of business in those Polo sections. I heard today that basically all of the stores in the Baltimore/Washington area are on the chopping block
In my opinion, RL has probably anticipated this development for a long time. Online transactions are accounting for most of Macy's sales so they don't need a lot of physical brick and mortar locations. Direct to consumer is the way forward and at the RL stockholders meeting they presented a detailed plan on how they will implement DTC. Nike got the direct to consumer model rolling which has kneecapped Footlocker. Department stores are a dying breed and consolidation has them on life support. RL wants luxury upscale doors like Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, etc or ultimately wants to sell from RL branded stores only.

Last edited:
stopped going to macys once they started locking down the rl items. sales rack had tj maxx styles that should be final sale priced, plus trash selection.

Back
Top Bottom