**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

Under 150, that's with Def Jam buying 20K-40K. He's never put up insane numbers and his buzz isn't strong right now. His last album had huge singles and still didn't crack 200K

Yea it seems like a rap industry mandate to have this guy seem as big as possible. Elliot Wilson has been dickriding this project for months. Dj Clue changed his avi to GFID, random artist promoting the album on social media....... Checks were given
I was just thinking this earlier. Everybody on twitter is saying go get rick ross' new album, and I'm like damn, since when is everybody supporting ross like THAT?

No doubt champ. I'm sure your going to do your very best to make sure Ross gets to that number and even higher. Good to see someone else who is "vested in his artistry". I expect to see threads from 2009 and beyond resurrected regarding Rick Ross to the very front of the first page of the Music Forum courtesty of you. I know your going to do your part.

Um OK? :lol:

Listened to GFID tonight and i'ma have to say those words..... C-L-A-S-S-I-C. This album is on par with "Deeper Than Rap" & "Teflon Don". Even the chick tracks on this besides "Touch'n You" are decent. Rick did it again, let's salute the brother ya'll!

Listened to GFID tonight and i'ma have to say those words..... C-L-A-S-S-I-C. This album is on par with "Deeper Than Rap" & "Teflon Don". Even the chick tracks on this besides "Touch'n You" are decent. Rick did it again, let's salute the brother ya'll!
What is wrong with you?

Classic tho
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
Dudes are prisoners of the moment
ding ding ding

So then my next question is...how will ppl seriously consider Ross "the hottest rapper in the game" if he barely outsells Wale?

I'm trying to understand the logic here

If that were the case, I guess that would mean that Rick Ross truly isn't "the hottest rappper in the game" and more importantly that not alot of people are 'vested in his artistry".

Dude is pushing 200-220k very good look for him. Last album did 176k

Rick Ross returns this week’s HITS Album chart to a semblance of sanity.
The large and in-charge rapper continues Def Jam/IDJ’s recent dominance of the marketplace with God Forgives, I Don’t, which will debut next week with between 200-220k in sales, easily going #1. His last album, Teflon Don, sold 176k upon release in July 2010. Previous label winners include Nas, who debuted at #1 last week, and newcomer Frank Ocean, with a #2 bow last month for his acclaimed debut, channel ORANGE.

Listened to this pretty much by accident since my sister (who never listens to Ross) DL'd it and had it in her car, and I would have to give it a 6.5 of 10. From reading and hearing lots of polarizing reviews, I say after listening to it, it's pretty good. Definitely nowhere close to DTR nor Teflon Don. While there are quite a few good tracks (mostly the 1st 9), there's no beat that had the real punch of any track from DTR or Teflon Don. No Maybach Music, no Cigar Music, no Aston Martin Music, Usual Suspects, Mafia Music, Valley of Death...nothing like that. There's some cinematic stuff, but everything is like a slight step back from DTR and Teflon Don, even the trap beats, which at least are actually distinguishable from each other, unlike BMF & MC Hammer coming back to back. 3K's verse was dope, which I didn't expect cause I figured all the praise was from him just dropping a verse instead of actually being good. That guitar solo :rofl: :x it reminded me of Jeezy's sore throat verse from "Champion" where you wonder how the world something so awful got green lit to be on the final record.

ROSS IS BOSS, JOSS IS NEXT
Def Jam/IDJ Rapper Will Easily Top Chart

August 1, 2012

Rick Ross returns this week’s HITS Album chart to a semblance of sanity.The large and in-charge rapper continues Def Jam/IDJ’s recent dominance of the marketplace with God Forgives, I Don’t, which will debut next week with between 200-220k in sales, easily going #1. His last album, Teflon Don, sold 176k upon release in July 2010. Previous label winners include Nas, who debuted at #1 last week, and newcomer Frank Ocean, with a #2 bow last month for his acclaimed debut, channel ORANGE.

S-Curve soul diva Joss Stone’s The Soul Sessions Vol. 2 reunites her with Steve Greenberg, and it’s on tap for between 21-25k, based on one-day sales reports from those music retailers not summering at their homes in the Hamptons or Laguna.

RCA ’s Sparkle soundtrack, featuring the last recorded music by the late Whitney Houston and Jordin Sparks, is looking at 13-16k, in front of the movie’s Aug. 17 opening.

Album sales were down 9% vs. last week, down 15% vs. same week last year and down 3% year to date.

Track sales were down 3% vs. last week, up 2% vs. same week last year and up 6% year to date.

TEA sales were down 7% vs. last week, down 10% vs. same week last year and down 1% year to date.

That's enough to put a chill in the air.

:lol: No hit singles and the dude still probably will push 200k+. Rawse WON.

C'mon son. All subjective. You keep your opinions and I keep mine.
Same goes for you @FutureMD

Na...it's not even about opinions. You're just....a little off. I don't think you even know it either.

:rofl:

:lol: No hit singles and the dude still probably will push 200k+. Rawse WON.

Album will push 200k if that and then around 50k-75 2nd week. If true this will be his largest first week ever I think. Let's be serious though, Jeezy won.

Last edited:
....hold up, "So Sophisticated", "911", and "Hold Me Back" are NOT produced by Lex Luger?, but by 3 DIFFERENT producers? :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom