THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Originally Posted by BangDak

sent a few of you guys trade offers
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

let me know!
C'mon dude, you serious with that trade offer?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

i normally let people come to me with the offers.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

give me a counter and we can work it out
smh.gif
embarassed.gif
I offered you something a better than that.

Danny Granger and Mario Chalmers for Chris Paul and Andrea Bargnani.

I know I'm trying to get one of the top 2 fantasy players, but it's just a feeler offer to see where you stand. And then you counter with that.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just a little glimpse into my life... so I passed the 3rd and final exam for my boards last Friday morning. It's such a relief to get that over with. Now Ijust got to get the jitters out of my hospital orientation Monday and Tuesday, then on to St. Luke's for my Respiratory Therapy orientation. I'm justhella nervous to actually be working for the 1st time since June 2007.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Oh, and I still have to finish my immunizations. I have to get 2 more TB shots. I got 1 of 3 done already last week. And I don't even have my flu shot yet.They say that there's a shortage for the flu shot
ohwell.gif
. And before people start saying that flu shots don't work or whatever, it's pretty muchrequired in the hospital setting (to my knowledge since it was required when I was still in school).

embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
i guess people dont like jamal after his stink here
laugh.gif

and i hvnt gotten my flu shot either.
i dont even know if i want it...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
i guess people dont like jamal after his stink here
laugh.gif

and i hvnt gotten my flu shot either.
i dont even know if i want it...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Crawford wasn't the deal breaker there
laugh.gif
. I would welcome Jamal on my team if the deal sounds about right, but that is no where near even.
laugh.gif

I didnt screenshot the offer to me, but his offer was Jermaine O'Neal and Jamal Crawford for Pau Gasol and Gallanari
laugh.gif

[h1]Warriors: Jackson says the drama is behind him[/h1]
By Mark Emmons
Mercury News

Posted: 10/24/2009 09:00:12 PM PDT

Updated: 10/24/2009 10:33:40 PM PDT

In Stephen Jackson's world, there is no more drama.

"It's ended for me," he said.

So, there's nothing to see here. Everything's fine. Move along now.

Whatever happened, happened.

"And it is what it is," Jackson added.

What it has been is the most chaotic preseason in recent memory, one that has produced a daily "As the Warriors Turn" soap opera and left everyone in the NBA wondering: What the heck is going on with that crazy Golden State franchise?

Jackson has been in the middle of much of the commotion.

The $25,000 fine for saying he wanted to be traded. Blowing a gasket against the Lakers and getting a two-game suspension - costing him another $139,000 and adding an air of frostiness to his relationship with coach Don Nelson. Giving up the team captain role.

"Some guys haven't been calling me Captain Jack lately, but some still do," Jackson said. "I'm a natural leader, and I don't think a title will have anything to do with how I act or people look at me. It's just who I am. I haven't changed."

And that's the issue as the Warriors prepare for their opener Wednesday at Oracle Arena with the season showing signs of being a train wreck before it even starts. Jackson promises that you've heard the last from him about wanting out. He'll focus on basketball and let, you know, whatever happens, happen.

Unrepentant

But the honest-to-a-fault Jackson also is defiantly unrepentant about everything he has said and done over the past two months.

"People need to stop making this personal," Jackson said. "I hear, 'The Warriors have done a lot for Stephen Jackson.' Well I've done a lot for the Warriors, too. They didn't make me play basketball like I have. I did that.

"People keep saying that the Warriors gave me my extension. Well, I earned my extension. Nobody has ever given me anything. I played hurt for three years on a broken toe. Just as much as they've done for me, I've done for the organization. We both should be thankful."

Ah, the much-discussed extension. When the Warriors' tacked on three years and $27.8 million to Jackson's contract, they basically bound themselves to him, for better or for worse. It's extremely difficult to trade a 31-year-old swingman with a history of volatility plus four years and $34.5 million left on his deal.

For a famously devoted fan base that has stuck with the team through years of losing, the contract also is a flash point for anger. Jackson likes to say that if he's with you, he's with you. No matter what, he'll have your back. But where, fans have been demanding, is his loyalty to the franchise? How can he want the Warriors' money but not want the Warriors?

Asked if he's concerned what people think of him, or about how he will be greeted during pregame introductions Wednesday, his first reaction was: "Not really. I mean, who cares?"

But he does care, at least enough to explain what he means.

"If they look at me as a guy who just wants to win, why would they think any differently about me?" he asked. "They should respect me for wanting to win and not just wanting to get a paycheck. But hey, they threw stones at Jesus, so they can say whatever they want about me."

Of course, if all he wants to do is win and he's asking to be traded, fans can't be blamed for connecting the dots and deciding that Jackson already sees the Warriors as lost cause after a summer when they seemingly did little to upgrade the roster.

And during an economic downturn that has seen so many lose jobs and homes, the public has little patience for athletes' complaints.

"That's not my fault they're going through tough times," Jackson said. "There are people in my family going through tough times, too. I'm lucky that I have a great job, but I can't determine what goes on in this country. Hopefully the president will do something where people don't have hard times. But hey, that's not on me."

For his part, Nelson is taking the lack of fireworks in the last week or so as something positive.

"He's the old Jack, as far as I can see," Nelson said. "We've gone through all this together, and it's worked itself out. I think he's a good soldier right now, and I think he'll do the right thing."

Teammate Corey Maggette's suggestion is Jackson might want to consider adding two words to his voluminous vocabulary: "No comment."

"He speaks his mind so much that I tell him that he just needs to walk away sometimes," Maggette said. "But that's not who he is."

Bonding with team

When asked if anything positive could result from all the preseason controversy, Maggette was silent for a good 10 seconds.

"Everybody on the team has continued to support one another," he finally said. "It hasn't pulled us apart, and that's a good thing."

In fact, Jackson said he hosted a team barbecue last weekend and has organized restaurant and bowling outings, just like he always did.

And truth is, Jackson loved being captain. With tears brimming in his eyes during a 2007 interview, he talked about the metamorphosis from a guy many people thought was a thug - going into the Detroit stands during The Malice at the Palace and a shooting incident outside a strip club - into an acknowledged leader. He said it was better than winning a title with San Antonio.

That was then, this is now.

"I didn't feel like I was being treated like a captain," he said. "Getting fined that much for missing two preseason games doesn't sit well with me. So I would prefer to just do my job and do my own thing."

Jackson wouldn't answer the question of what he really wants because "I don't want to get fined again." But for now, he's here. He promises he'll be the same hard worker on the court and deal with any negative reaction that comes his way.

"At the end of day, I do my job damn well," he said. "People can say what they want. I don't read the papers. I don't read the blogs. None of that stuff. I just want to win, and I won't ever settle for being a loser. Never will. That's just not me."

Like he said, it is what it is.

Jackson is so full of
15nahys.gif

Seriously, I hate Jackson!
15nahys.gif
Jackson!

This Marcus Williams played college ball at Arizona.

That Marcus Williams played and stole laptops at UCONN.

I'm actually kind of disappointed in you, Paul ...

Stephen Jax's stopped his #$*#&$ drama cuz the teams he requested to be traded to don't even want his (#*&$#.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom