The Official Teach Me How to Golf Thread vol. Tiger Tiger Woods Y'all

I'd like to get into playing golf recreationally. I've gone to the driving range with my friends the past couple of weeks and I'm pretty terrible, but want to get better. Can anyone teach me the ins and outs and tell me what clubs are good. I think I want to buy a really good Driver to start off with, but I don't know if that's the smart thing to do or if I should just buy a starter set off of Craigslist or something. Anybody know anything about the game?

Best advice I can give is to take lessons. You'll waste your money if you don't learn the proper fundamentals first.

A cheap set of starter clubs would be good for the lessons you take. You'll need more than just a driver. You should look for someone who can sell you a decent brand name used set.

I'd go to a sporting goods store and buy a complete starter set (woods, irons, wedges, putter). No sense in buying a $400 club, they don't hit themselves.

looking to buying some decent callaway golf clubs for $20.00 each and was wondering which should i get , fairways irons , hybrids? or mix ? ive been to the driving range only and starting to get the hang of it (swinging motion )

Couldnt be worse than him

But invest in some lessons, get some used clubs, no point in buying new right now

Couldnt be worse than him

But invest in some lessons, get some used clubs, no point in buying new right now

not even if the new clubs are about $20 each callaway razr series mostly(and last chance to buy them at this price)? already got a free lite carrying bag, bunch of balls, practice net and putter machine... lessons will cost me about $50 an hour from a university golf coach ..

Back
Top Bottom