THE OFFICIAL TEAM POSITE THREAD

the phx foams weren't on my radar but the price was too nice

and these. I love them. picked up a 2nd pair in person because the 1st was a preorder and I didn't know if they'd be fake or not.
2 > 0

wdywt

im probably in the minority here, but imo
hoh greens > army's
the green on the armys are too dark and hardly noticeable.
I like how the green on these HOH stand outand are noticeable.

just my $0.02

I like armies better but wish the green stood out like those greens. That's a nice 5 panel too, that pic of suns foams is too nice though.

I knew it was VIPs.... I mean, what other flightposite would go for crazy $$ like that. I know you already have the J. Kidds...

Nice pick up.

I knew it was VIPs.... I mean, what other flightposite would go for crazy $$ like that. I know you already have the J. Kidds...

Nice pick up.
Yup thanks bro. Had to complete that hoh pack (those two that released in 09-10 don't really count imo, just bonuses)

Have leads on another mav and vip, my mind is saying yes but my wallet no :lol:

finally complete the set (terrible pic
mean.gif
, bad lighting in my crib)
Wheres the HoH Pearls :wink: 

I think something a lot of people overlook on judging Armies to any other foam, is obviously the rarity of the shoe. Yes the Dark Army is once. Very subtle and very clean. Worth $700+? NO. Ill buy another pair of cactus and limes and still have money left over before I paid for dark armys. Should rarity be thought about when saying whats better? Of course its all opinions. A lot of people only like royals and metallic reds and wouldn't even notice the diff over dark armys from stealths or something from a distance. 

Regardless, Foamposites > any other shoe

I think something a lot of people overlook on judging Armies to any other foam, is obviously the rarity of the shoe. Yes the Dark Army is once. Very subtle and very clean. Worth $700+? NO. Ill buy another pair of cactus and limes and still have money left over before I paid for dark armys. Should rarity be thought about when saying whats better? Of course its all opinions. A lot of people only like royals and metallic reds and wouldn't even notice the diff over dark armys from stealths or something from a distance. 
in my opinion army's or anything else out the pack is more worth $700 then lets say galaxy foams or db foam. Yeah more hypebeasts know about the latter but the quality is far superior and like you said the rarity. Under 100 released is nothing to sleep on :lol:
And those armies are just that shoe to me. I'd personally drop $700 on a pair rather than get a cactus or lime for free.

in my opinion army's or anything else out the pack is more worth $700 then lets say galaxy foams or db foam. Yeah more hypebeasts know about the latter but the quality is far superior and like you said the rarity. Under 100 released is nothing to sleep on :lol:
And those armies are just that shoe to me. I'd personally drop $700 on a pair rather than get a cactus or lime for free.

Well if you find those for free just let me know.
I don't care for the DB foams. I think they're ok but NO WHERE worth what they're asking for them. The Oregons are nicer. The dark army's are high up on my list, but no shoe is worth over $400 to me. They're just not

Well if you find those for free just let me know.
I don't care for the DB foams. I think they're ok but NO WHERE worth what they're asking for them. The Oregons are nicer. The dark army's are high up on my list, but no shoe is worth over $400 to me. They're just not
I get where you're coming from but for me I have no limit on how much I'll pay for a shoe. If I like it enough I'll drop whatever. DB foams are beautiful in person and worth the price imo, but if I had to have a choice between db and anything out the hoh pack I'm taking hoh pack all day

My perspective is that rarity counts in the value of the shoe if that rarity is real and not perceived. A DS pair of Dark Armies is less obtainable than most Lebron "PEs" for example.

That said, the hardest things to find don't always go for the most money.

There are pairs of 20 year old AF1s that I have that maybe fewer than 10 people in the world own - they weren't a ton of money, but some of them I spent years looking for. Sometimes you pay with your money, sometimes you pay with your time.

Last edited:
My perspective is that rarity counts in the value of the shoe if that rarity is real and not perceived. A DS pair of Dark Armies is less obtainable than most Lebron "PEs" for example.

That said, the hardest things to find don't always go for the most money.

There are pairs of 20 year old AF1s that I have that maybe fewer than 10 people in the world own - they weren't a ton of money, but some of them I spent years looking for. Sometimes you pay with your money, sometimes you pay with your time.

I'm not trying to say that the dark army's aren't worth what people are asking for them. Obviously is exclusive and very rare, which drives up the value in the consumers eye.

The point I'm trying to make is just because a shoe is a 1 of 82, should that just make that shoe #1 on your list because of its rarity? Which is obviously all opinionated

Most shoes aren't worth retail, let alone what some of these dudes ask for shoes.......

My love for armies really has nothing to do with rarity. It's a well built shoe, one of the better foams ever released IMO. If you had a pair, or held a pair, your views might change.

Back
Top Bottom