THE OFFICIAL TEAM POSITE THREAD

i LOVE foam ones, but those coppers just don't do it for me.

however...i'm sure the hype will get me as the RD gets closer and i'll end up with 2 pairs anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jae oh en

feelin the same way....if they were gold like the Flights I might feel different.

halo helmet next to foamz made me want to cry beauitful collection everyone i need some foamz sz 12 if anybody is offering a good deal will trade my heat

however...i'm sure the hype will get me as the RD gets closer and i'll end up with 2 pairs anyway
laugh.gif
s_dubs:

feelin the same way....if they were gold like the Flights I might feel different.
maaan u 2 are crazy
smile.gif

they look waaaay better on feet!

^word. i was thinking the same thing. the gold from the fp1s would look crazy.
word....i would love to see those....hehehe....wishful thinking made me try it out...

had to break these out over the weekend! i did all sorts of stupid $#!! to make sure the soles would hold up and i was not dissappointed!

this is the original pic for the gold one up top....

Mayhemgatz
the black ones look
pimp.gif

def dont look yellowed in the new pics... glad u finally posted pics with the laces in.
eggplants.... i like icy soles still but i respect ur swap
smile.gif

thanks dude, i do miss the clear sole on the eggplants but i have a DS pair somewhere in my piles. probably gonna get a 3rd sooner or later too
devil.gif
nerd.gif

roll.gif
....i ain't gonna lie, those pics got the mad scientist in meconvinced that it can be done.

i just know that it'd have me like trying to get it as clean as possible...unstitching and restitching all sorts of crap on that shoe...carefully cutting....hmmmm.....whose gonna donate a pairto science for the greater good?!
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

it can definitely be done. i'd do it if i had some spare foams to do it to. it's just a vinyl sheet. you just gotta be a perfectionist with cutting it.you apply it and you heat it to mold it to curves and whatnot.

drycarbonwrap.com they have a FAQ section about applying it. it seemspretty straight forward.
if you do go through with it though, you gotta shout me out everytime you post them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

^ If I can have them back after they've been experimented on...
happy.gif
....well ur not my size so yea....u don't have to worry about the "you see....what had happened was..."
roll.gif

jaeohen -
laugh.gif
...no doubt.

*contemplates taking down his for sale post*.....
embarassed.gif

^ If you're serious about it, lmk.

I can assist in the purchase of the carbon sheets...

I can send the shoes whenever...

grin.gif

hmmmm...i'm liking this idea. i love how the sheets are actually textured, would make the world of difference in person. and it's virtually"screw-up" proof...
eek.gif

let me do some research on how to properly apply it and what not, and i'll be in contact....see if we can make this a reality.
glasses.gif

^^hell yea....which has got me really interested in making this happen!....damn.....i might need like 10 pairs of all black foam ones now
nerd.gif
roll.gif

hustlin - if we were to make this happen, u want the clear soles as well? or just the carbon on the all black shoe?

^ Clear soles would be sick, but I don't have a donor pair of size 9 icey soles to put on my black foam ones...

Also, the carbon fiber plate on my black foam ones has detached a lil bit, nothing a lil' shoe goo could fix I hope...

You know they offer white carbon too??? Like those white carbon FP samples pic floating around... HMMMMMMMmmmmm...

grin.gif

damn....white carbon would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
....and they got silver too
eek.gif

btw...that loose CF plate is a @%@$##@!!
mad.gif

when i was doing the sole swap.....i accidentally left the heat, on the bottom near the middle, a tad too long and eventually the glue under the CF plate cameloose on one side.

i tried shoe goo and it failed, only because the CF was too strong to keep in place. i ended up having to glue it with an epoxy bond, then using carpenterclamps to hold it in place for a while. i dunno if the clamps or the epoxy made the bond secure but it's all good now...thank god
happy.gif

definitely make sure u can clamp it down once u glue it with the shoe goo, or anything else u use.

i have a beat pair of black foam pro's that i might just donate to this carbon wrap experiment....i might have to get a new sole tho....
devil.gif

^ I got a beater pair of black pros too! They're a 10.5... I forgot how I acquired them, but whatever.

Maybe a flightposite experiment too? White carbon or silver carbon FP's, foam ones, pros, whatever... the idea just bursts with excitement...

One can only hope the execution goes accordingly...

grin.gif

man i'm so eager to see about this that i'm looking at my iphone like "this would be dope in CF!!"
embarassed.gif
smh.gif

.....i'm definitely gonna do some research on how well this would work out. right now i'm thinking: remove sole > apply CF >clean it up >reattach sole but first things first....get a sheet of that CF to see what's the deal with these beat pro's
laugh.gif

i'll keep u both posted!

in the meantime.....some inspiration:

Back
Top Bottom