THE OFFICIAL TEAM POSITE THREAD

i'm going to try really hard not to throw them away. but once something starts to bother me, it's hard not to. i threw away my all black foam pros from2000 last month and now i'm really starting to miss them.

anyway, a few things are bugging me about my newest pair of eggplants. #1 is the excess glue on the toe of the right shoe:

glue.jpg

the 2nd thing is the size of the shoe for some reason being visible through the sole. i don't know if it's written on the sockliner or what the dealis, but i definitely don't have that on my royal ones:

size.jpg

the last thing that is bugging me, which i haven't taken a picture of, is that the "dots" on the carbon fiber are smaller than the"dots" on the royal ones. little things being off on retros drive me crazy. i usually ended up hating every retro i buy and throwing them away.i've been having this problem for a while. i only even got back into retros because the foam one is my favorite shoe ever and when it finally retroed in 07i couldn't resist.

my suggestion would be to thoroughly inspect your kicks before you purchase. if all these "little things" bug you, then it wouldnt make much senseto buy em then throw em out. its your money and you can do what you want, but why purchase if it bugged you that much?
a better idea, if you cant change this about yourself, would be to buy the kicks..get annoyed..then ship em out to me
laugh.gif

i'm an impulse shopper and it's hard to predict what will or will not bug me. why are there letters and numbers underneath the shoe? are any of theblack foam ones like that? the last time i bought eggplants i didnt look at them much and they got tossed after a couple wearings. i've come to grips nowthough with the idea of a foam one in a color other than royal.

i hate going to the post office but i wish i knew someone near me that was my size that would pick stuff up when i had to get rid of it.

Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent

i hate going to the post office but i wish i knew someone near me that was my size that would pick stuff up when i had to get rid of it.
nerd.gif
.....12?
smokin.gif

yes, i am a size 12. i live in orlando, florida, united states of america.

hoping somebody will clue me in on the weird letters & numbers under the sole.

hehehe....i'll take any 12's u wanna get rid of
pimp.gif

i assume the numbers under the soles are just markers used when they put together the shoes in production so there are no mismatched soles/uppers. i don'tknow why they are more visible on the eggplants than the royals, but i'm sure if u took off the sole of the royals, u would see something.

when i took the sole off my foam ones(all black and eggplants) i saw other numbers that are embedded into the rubber, as well as the numbers underneath themidsole.

you could see in this pic that the numbers are just in black

if you lived in orlando i'd let you come over right now and grab a bunch of jays. i found them in a closet i forgot about the other day and don't liketo have more than 10 pairs of shoes.

why did you take the soles off your foam ones?

why are the eggplants coming back so quickly?

how does team posite feel about the skyposite?

will the clog/slide posite come back any time soon?

how does team posite feel about the foamposite boot?

is there any difference between the 2006 silver foam pros and 2008 silver foam pros? why did they come back so quickly?

thanks in advance to team posite for being my favorite team of any kind.

if you lived in orlando i'd let you come over right now and grab a bunch of jays. i found them in a closet i forgot about the other day and don't like to have more than 10 pairs of shoes.

is there any difference between the 2006 silver foam pros and 2008 silver foam pros? why did they come back so quickly?

well damn.....
roll.gif

i took off the soles to swap them: black sole on eggplants, clear sole on the blacks......what?....u wanna see pics? SURE
tongue.gif

eggplants probably coming back so quickly because they sold well and nike knows they will sell well again. count me in for another 2 pairs at discount
smokin.gif

some of the other guys in here like the skyposites, but personally i don't like them at all....

clogposite was supposed to come out last year but got scrapped allegedly......some samples hit the outlets and ebay eventually.

i like the foamposite boot in black, none of the other colors do anything for me. IMO it's just too bulky to be dope in any color but black.

i never had either version of the silver pro's so i couldn't tell if anything is different, i'm sure someone will tho. from what i'veseen...there isn't any difference (unless one had the suede lace liner rather than leather, which is what i never liked about that colorway...and if onehas the suede, let me know which one cause i need it
laugh.gif
)

don't like the black sole on the purple foams. reminds me too much of all the foam pros that were (IMO) ruined over the years by having black soles insteadof clear. the reds, the blues, the silvers, etc never looked right to me because of the black soles.

the clear soles on the black foams though . . . holy cow man. i so desperately want black foams with clear soles. i don't care if they're foam pros orfoam ones. honestly i'd probably prefer pros, but regardless, i was so angry back in '07 when they dropped three black foam ones and none of them hadclear soles.
frown.gif

why don't you like the skyposites? i still haven't tried them on. can't find a store that has them.

i would LOVE to finally own a clogposite. i hope they come back. so tired of wearing jordan hydros. i hate those things.

yeah, i have the foam boot in black. those are the boots i wear on stage. i feel indestructible in those thins. i bought the blue ones too at some point, buthated them and they ended up in the trash like 2 days after i got them in the mail. i learned my lesson tho and didn't buy the eggplant boots.

i had a really hard time finding the black foam boots and felt silly cuz i could have waited like six more months and found them no problem since they droppeda 2nd time.

don't like the black sole on the purple foams. reminds me too much of all the foam pros that were (IMO) ruined over the years by having black soles instead of clear. the reds, the blues, the silvers, etc never looked right to me because of the black soles.

the clear soles on the black foams though . . . holy cow man. i so desperately want black foams with clear soles. i don't care if they're foam pros or foam ones. honestly i'd probably prefer pros, but regardless, i was so angry back in '07 when they dropped three black foam ones and none of them had clear soles.
frown.gif

why don't you like the skyposites? i still haven't tried them on. can't find a store that has them.

i would LOVE to finally own a clogposite. i hope they come back. so tired of wearing jordan hydros. i hate those things.

yeah, i have the foam boot in black. those are the boots i wear on stage. i feel indestructible in those thins. i bought the blue ones too at some point, but hated them and they ended up in the trash like 2 days after i got them in the mail. i learned my lesson tho and didn't buy the eggplant boots.

i had a really hard time finding the black foam boots and felt silly cuz i could have waited like six more months and found them no problem since they dropped a 2nd time.

u rlly jus throw shoes away? throw some my way

I can't get enough of those foams up there. I know some of you don't agree with me but they look great.

that's funny because i ditched my clogposites for hydros to wear around the house and for quick runs to the car and stuff.
laugh.gif
clogs are justsitting lonely in the closet.

and the eggplant foams are coming back out again? interesting.

freshness -

i buy shoes to wear them. when i don't feel like wearing them ever again, i throw them away. i think it's interesting that within sneaker culture, thisseems absurd, while to the rest of society this is normal behavior.

jae oh en -

i think i'm just very sour on jordans in general and would like some posites to slide on when i get out of bed.

if you lived in orlando i'd let you come over right now and grab a bunch of jays. i found them in a closet i forgot about the other day and don't like to have more than 10 pairs of shoes.

agrreed with Mayhem on his view about Purps comong back so soon..

Skyposites...I dont like em..just dont like the way they look too much. View might change if I tried a pair on? Not sure?

Posite boots are dope...I just dont want to spend a whole lot on em...

On the Silver Pros..I think the main differnce would be the quality of the foam...the newer pairs the foam is a little bit thinner and tends to crease on themidsole area or where the midsole would be.

sure the purple foams sold well and will sell well again, but you could say the same thing about a lot of different shoes that don't come back thatquickly. s dubl, by any chance do you happen to know the difference between between foam pro, foam pro SC and foam pro B? always wondered what the SC & Bmeant. thanks.

SC=Sports culture

B= Im not sure

I dont think theres any difference in the actual shoe though, just something Nike decided to throw on there? Same thing with other Nikes branded with the"B' or "SC".

I'd imagine B stands for Basketball?

And if you're just handing out shoes, Mister Saint Laurent, I'll take a few.

Pretty cool seeing the bottom of foams without a sole on em.
Kinda like the eggplants with the black sole too.

I've noticed the "B" only appears on the blue and red foam pros. Maybe because of the sole? Idk.

the eggplants re-releasin ordeal is very irritatin but who cares I guess if JB did it for the Vs so many times due to constant demand so can nike

Originally Posted by sneakaholic4life

the eggplants re-releasin ordeal is very irritatin but who cares I guess if JB did it for the Vs so many times due to constant demand so can nike
what can you do? i know the dudes that paid 250-300+ for their pairs after missing out are probably the most pissed with that news.

well i paid $300 for a pair of purple foams just last week and i can't really say that i'm pissed off. sites doing pre-orders for the 2010 restock arecharging $300 or more for them. if $50 or $100 is enough money to get you upset, then you probably shouldn't be collecting sneakers.

spending lots of money on footwear is pretty silly no matter what . . . but even more so if you're strapped for cash to begin with.

I slept on the Lebron IV's should have got more colors when I had a chance....Ima step my foam game up...I got alot working to do

Back
Top Bottom