The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Rankings need a desperate overhaul. It’s a joke at this point. I’d argue it’s affecting the integrity of the game.

I tried my best today, but Novak was just too good.
Still had an amazing few weeks to end this season.
Thank you for your support.

Probably have seen the last of him at the Aussie Open, can't see his body holding up beyond this year.

Lots of interesting matchups in the early rounds of the Aussie Open.

Thiem can't seem to catch a break Nadal in Brisbane, Felix Auger-A at the Aussie hope he pulls off the win with Felix not in good form. Hopefully Tsitsipas v Berretini lives up to expectation.

Have high hopes in Rybakina to win it.

Tournament hasn't even started and already have a sense of FOMO not being there, attended it 6 times between 2013 and 2020 sole purpose was to watch Federer play thoroughly enjoyed watching other matches and just being there even watching the practice sessions was cool.

Shame John Millman had to sign off his career in the qualifiers, was at his 5 set loss in 2020 to Federer that was a hell of a nerve wrecking match.

CoCo Vandeweghe is terrible on the call. She is literally just up there saying random ****.

The Chris Webber of tennis (commentators).

1705220433339.png

Sabalenka started late but got off the court fast.

Rublev had a real scare, Fritz got himself into a tangle as well.

I've always heard about the hypotheticals about hitting the ball on the other side of the next, but never seen it in an actual point!

Back
Top Bottom