The Official Wale Thread: Ambitions in Stores 11.1.11

i bought it... and wale is easily one of my favorite rapers.. i think some of the songs , well a lot of the songs he could of replaced and added like globetrotters, tats on my arm, bad girls club... and i think my judgment was messed up on the album after hearing those dope songs. something just seems off with this album to me. way off. i pray he does well regardless because more about nothing and the other mixtpaes he puts out makes it up for the album but i think he was trying too hard with this album.. he really needs to have fun with it. it was really hard for me to write this review because I'm really let down.  but of course I'm going to listen to it more to see if it grows on me

Originally Posted by Chrisb9393

^^ you really think rolling papers and lazers are better than ambition?

Hell yeah.  I honestly only like ambition caused meek killed it....dc or nothing.

legendary, focus, double m genius are ok tracks....

everything else just feels dull.

Originally Posted by streetballa2311

i bought it... and wale is easily one of my favorite rapers.. i think some of the songs , well a lot of the songs he could of replaced and added like globetrotters, tats on my arm, bad girls club... and i think my judgment was messed up on the album after hearing those dope songs. something just seems off with this album to me. way off. i pray he does well regardless because more about nothing and the other mixtpaes he puts out makes it up for the album but i think he was trying too hard with this album.. he really needs to have fun with it. it was really hard for me to write this review because I'm really let down.  but of course I'm going to listen to it more to see if it grows on me
I agree....globe trotters and tats on the arm would have been better tracks.... I don't know who is making the decisions what goes on the album an not.

Originally Posted by dimez81

Hell yeah.  I honestly only like ambition caused meek killed it....dc or nothing.

I disagree, I feel like wale has put out better material than this, but rolling papers was pop trash and lasers was worse than rolling papers.

Just finished listening. Kinda disappointed, thought it got off to a strong start (first 4 tracks were piff) but them female joints
in the middle along with some fillers were no bueno. Them female jams off 11.1.11 Theory were waaayy better, but like dude mentioned
earlier i guess features from Lloyd, Ne-Yo and Miguel have more commercial appeal.
Double M Genius, Ambition and Legendary are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Album feels good.. Music feels good.. Motivational as hell and its kinda scary that dude pretty much as the same attitude as me and a lot of us... Then I remember he was on the same red and black forum as us.. Period.. Thats why we relate..

Where the HELL is Tat's On My Arm!

Ambition literally will be on repeat because I'm in a VERY important part of developing my small business.. It makes me feel motivated that someone could have been doing the same EXACT things i was doing a few years ago and now is throwing 100k around in perfections (near my neighborhood) with ROSS while he knows he is supposed to be stacking..

MMG = Modernized Rocafella- Ross used the EXACT formula Jae used into the early 00's.. Grab HUSTLERS or INTELLECTUALS (Wale) develop them as artists lyrically, mentally, and business wise then take over.. Think about it ROSS drops in what 40 days.. How many MMG songs are on the billboard? I thing they have even more then Young Money.. Super groups are modern yes but its ALL just an old formula started by Wu-tang and others in hip-hop which has evolved into the BEST way to make $$ in the music industry.. Its actually a beautiful business model take artists on the come up allow them to feed and eat off each other and have a MAIN artist who is at their peak be the LEADER. Same thing i am attempting within my business allowing other people on the come up in the adult industry with the right AMBITION to come up and feed off each other while I lead having already made a small penny in the industry. Just a thought..

Miami Nights SERIOUSLY has an emotional feeling for me because you can be just on the come up as a struggling artist and go to miami for a vacation and feel like you made it already... I have done it 6 times already.. Trust me.. The feeling and lyric of the song are DEAD ON.. Another reason why i am even more motivated knowing that we both crawled those miami streets after wet willies looking for O's.. I just had a camera..

Don't hold your applause
Double m genius
Lotus flower bomb
Focused
DC or nothing

My favorites
smokin.gif
Album is solid... Better than AD, imo.

After listening to the album a couple times, I've come to the conclusion that its pretty good. I think I'm going to support Wale and buy a copy.

8/10

Originally Posted by dimez81

I disagree, I feel like wale has put out better material than this, but rolling papers was pop trash and lasers was worse than rolling papers.
Everyone has there own opinion.  Those album have more tracks that I would listen to instead of ambition.

Some people will like it, some people will hate it...thats music.

By the way anybody went to the boston show lasy night? I got shouted out for my NT shirt, like a bawse
pimp.gif

The album is okay .. i only liked 4 songs from it which was focused, ambition,chain music and sabotage everything else is not worth listening too again 
I think this reminds to be wale's best body of work :

Wale_More_About_Nothing-front-large.jpg

Hopefully he can finally out do it on his next album  
tired.gif

Focused and Illest **** are the only ones I can't get with....Miami Nights is kinda growin on me...Sabotage was just an emotional song and I can understand that

Toomp is still killin

White Linen is straight

Legendary, MMGenius, DC or Nothin, No Days Off are the highlights

Solid album IMO and better than AD..copped on iTunes and i'll get one from Target later

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I haven't even listened to this yet but already know it's better than Lasers and Rolling Papers.
Just based on the producers Wale has available to him alone it should be better than those.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I haven't even listened to this yet but already know it's better than Lasers and Rolling Papers.
Just based on the producers Wale has available to him alone it should be better than those.
It is. Folks out here exaggerating crazy.

Ambition IS a terrible tittle for this LP. Ambition IS NOT LP of the year. But it is still a good album

Back
Top Bottom