The Official World Champion New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

29zeo9h.jpg

Happy offseason to all
pimp.gif

When a beer cost $10 dollars...
When you build a new stadium that outprices all of your real fans
When you spend taxpayers money in one of the poorest counties in the country on a sports stadium...

YOU HAVE THE YANKEES

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
WOW.

Sox interested in Matsui?

Japanese Web site says he'd play left field

November 11, 2009, 9:44 PM

By: ESPNBoston.com

Although the Red Sox have expressed their strong desire to reach a contract agreement to bring back free agent Jason Bay, a Web site in Japan suggests they might have another plan: World Series MVP Hideki Matsui.

A story on nikkansports.com and translated by NPB Tracker says the Sox are preparing a multiyear offer for Matsui to be the team's regular left fielder, according to MLB.com.

Matsui batted .274 with 28 homers and 90 RBIs in 142 games with the Yankees this season, and he knocked in six runs in New York's World Series-clinching win over the Phillies.

But Matsui will be 36 in December, and his creaky knees have made him a full-time DH (he last played in the field in June 2008). A recent survey in the New York Daily News of more than a half-dozen general managers came back with a unanimous response: Matsui's days in the outfield are over.

Plus, the Red Sox already have a left-handed hitting DH in David Ortiz, and teams are prohibited from making contract offers to free agents until Nov. 20.

Maybe something was lost in the translation.

http://espn.go.com/boston/columns/redsox/blog/_/post/4646238

take it for what it's worth

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

29zeo9h.jpg

Happy offseason to all
pimp.gif

When a beer cost $10 dollars...

When you build a new stadium that outprices all of your real fans

When you spend taxpayers money in one of the poorest counties in the country on a sports stadium...

YOU HAVE THE YANKEES

When there should be only one New York baseball team

You have the Yankees.

I keep hearing Holliday wants to be a Yankee, but for some reason I don't think we will sign him...

Think we will keep some $$ for Mauer in 11, want him more than any FA ever, only thing is will he give Minnesota a home town discount

Yes, Matsui is probably gone...Cashman wants someone that can play the field and DH, not just a player that can only DH.

He's gunna get hurt in Booston and they will end up having 2 left handed guys who can only DH...

Interested to see what they do at SS and with the 3b/c/1b spot with Vic Mart.

red sox offering him a multi year deal to be the everyday left fielder???

be my guest...

Wow, his knees are probably as bad as Bonds' were.

I'de love to keep Matsui, though. We need a dependable 4 and 5 in the rotation. Robertson I can see being a new Mike Stanton dude has great stuff.

Ian Kennedy. I'd throw him in the bullpen next season. Maybe he's a cuess like Joba and Hughes. Thoughts?

dam if matsui goes to boston i'll be forced to hate him. i don't think it'll happen though, they're probably trying to get us to bite and signhim thinking it'll hurt us later.

one thing we need to sure up is CF, bring up Ajax or trade for one. melky aint bad but i think melky would be better in LF.......

Back
Top Bottom