The Official World Champion New York Yankees Offseason Thread

melky gone...good. dude seemed to come up with the big hit quite often. good riddance
laugh.gif

It was either Vazquez, Sheets, the Duke, or Joba for that fourth spot. And for that same 12 million it is better to get a guaranteed arm than the unhealthy andrestricted arms of Sheets, Duke, or Joba.

Vazquez is guaranteed for 200 inning pitches which alleviates the top 3 of the rotation from having to put up huge innings. We now have 4 potential 200 inningpitchers. Vazquez is in his contract year, so he's fighting for another contract. He'll be a Type A free agent. Also this time around he's a backend of the rotation pitcher and not the #2 he was expected to be in 03-04. This is a steal and bargain and only for Melky Cabrera. And if Javy walks we havemoney free for the pitchers available next offseason.

Even Mike Francesa is calling this trade a Heist he has never liked Melky always calls him a 4th outfielder.

Braves better go after a big bat Bay, Holliday etc...

I'll miss Melky, but I'll miss Matsuit more, so I'm not that disappointed.

Originally Posted by Mr Cashfl0w

It was either Vazquez, Sheets, the Duke, or Joba for that fourth spot. And for that same 12 million it is better to get a guaranteed arm than the unhealthy and restricted arms of Sheets, Duke, or Joba.

Vazquez is guaranteed for 200 inning pitches which alleviates the top 3 of the rotation from having to put up huge innings. We now have 4 potential 200 inning pitchers. Vazquez is in his contract year, so he's fighting for another contract. He'll be a Type A free agent. Also this time around he's a back end of the rotation pitcher and not the #2 he was expected to be in 03-04. This is a steal and bargain and only for Melky Cabrera. And if Javy walks we have money free for the pitchers available next offseason.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better, I'm loving this trade but who the hell is gonna play left? Its either Johnny Damon or Jason Bay imo

Johnny will be back...

He's not gettin' what he wants from any other team. If dude is smart, he'll pull what A-Rod did and make a deal w/o Boras.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'll miss Melky, but I'll miss Matsuit more, so I'm not that disappointed.
I'm still upset about no more Matsui. I will be probably all season.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

If I remember correctly, Javier Vazquez last stint with the Yankees was a lot less than stellar.
Oh I remember REAL good...

That bum %#$ %*@%+ was the one who gave up the grand slam to Damon of that '04 series.
smh.gif

I don't care what he did for the Braves, I have NO confidence in that clown %#$. **!$%#% bum !$$*! his pants when the lights are bright.

Melky and his clutch hits will be missed...
smh.gif

It wasn't just Melky for Vazquez straight up. They gave up what Keith Law says will be a "top 5 prospect" for the Braves in Vizcaino too. Butfrom all reports, Cashman made out like a bandit so we'll see...

Dsk calm down man jeez. Everyone knows Vasquez was hurt that year. Can y'all imagine a lineup like this?

1. Jeter

2. Damon

3. Teixeira

4. Rodriguez

5. Posada

6. Johnson

7. Cano

8. Swisher

9. Granderson (double lead-off)

I like that potential lineup waaay better than last years. And our rotation 1. CC 2. A.J 3. Andy 4. Vasquez 5. Hughes
pimp.gif

vasquez had a terrible 2nd half with the yanks in 04.

not feeling this deal at all. melky was clutch, led the team in walkoffs and could play any position in the OF w/ a rocket arm.

Rocket arm? Come on onewearz ichiro has a rocket arm melky has a good arm. I know he has had a lot of clutch hits but come on he was one of the worst leftfielders in the AL statistically we as fans just loved him because he was ours and we won a chip with him. We are talking about a 4th outfielder at best ifdamon is re-signed.

And I don't want to hear about payroll because at the end of the day he's here for 1 year and also we are not the yankee brass and we are not payingthese guys out of our pocket. Why the hell would I care about my teams payroll or any other teams. Javy WAS A ALL-STAR IN 2004 HE JUST WAS HURT AND HAD ATERRIBLE SECOND HALF

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Dsk calm down man jeez. Everyone knows Vasquez was hurt that year. Can y'all imagine a lineup like this?
DSK aka iLLoQuent wrote:
Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

If I remember correctly, Javier Vazquez last stint with the Yankees was a lot less than stellar.
Oh I remember REAL good...

That bum %#$ %*@%+ was the one who gave up the grand slam to Damon of that '04 series.
smh.gif

I don't care what he did for the Braves, I have NO confidence in that clown %#$. **!$%#% bum !$$*! his pants when the lights are bright.

Melky and his clutch hits will be missed...
smh.gif

It wasn't just Melky for Vazquez straight up. They gave up what Keith Law says will be a "top 5 prospect" for the Braves in Vizcaino too. But from all reports, Cashman made out like a bandit so we'll see...

DSK is correct and I do not fault him for feeling this way, because I currently need a new set of sheets.

JV is not going to last long. Yankee fans have very good memory, and this guy needs to start off on the right foot, or else he's done. He was terriblewith the White Sox in crunch time, he was terrible the first time around, and so what makes us think he won't be better this time? I'm not rooting forthis dude to fail, but history has a huge argument. If JV does have a stellar if not decent season, I will proudly spend my $17.99 at my local Modell'sand buy his player t-shirt.

Dsk calm down man jeez. Everyone knows Vasquez was hurt that year.
I don't like that %@@%% at all bro...he went out like a sucka in those playoffs. With his weak $$@. I'll be rootin' for him sincehe's on my team but I have my doubts about his bum $$@...

And our rotation 1. CC 2. A.J 3. Andy 4. Vasquez 5. Hughes
pimp.gif
Speakin' about that...I REALLY hope Girardi does the right thing and has Hughes (NOT JOBA) starting from the jump. Phil Hughes is a"stahtin' pitcha"...keep Joba in the bullpen as a setup guy to Mo.

Vizcaino will not turn out to be anything that Keith Law thinks he is. Sorry but Cashman robbed Atlanta blind. Teams would have given up a lot more than a 4thOFer and two average to below average prospects for Vasquez after the year he had. Gives them the option to resign Damon and have an OF capable of having 25HR's a piece.

*shrugs* the flame suit is always on.

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Dsk calm down man jeez. Everyone knows Vasquez was hurt that year.
I don't like that %@@%% at all bro...he went out like a sucka in those playoffs. With his weak $$@. I'll be rootin' for him since he's on my team but I have my doubts about his bum $$@...

And our rotation 1. CC 2. A.J 3. Andy 4. Vasquez 5. Hughes
pimp.gif
Speakin' about that...I REALLY hope Girardi does the right thing and has Hughes (NOT JOBA) starting from the jump. Phil Hughes is a "stahtin' pitcha"...keep Joba in the bullpen as a setup guy to Mo.

laugh.gif
I agree with u 100% on the joba/phil thing phil at #5 is how it SHOULD BE. But on javy like my mom lives in ATL I go out their to visit her multiple timesa year and I've seen a lot of javy this year and I could tell u first hand dude is nowhere near the same pitcher he was in 2004. Even in 04 he had astellar first half and was an All-Star. Multiple sources including cashman knew he was pitching hurt in the second half. Now he has a slider that he pitchesoff of you will not recognize him this season I guarantee it. I just say give dude a chance because he is a waaay better pitcher than his was back then and isa strikeout pitcher that's what we need in this ballpark.

IDK i hate that trade. I never liked Javier Vasquez. Id much rather have Melky even though JV maybe better.

So many people leaving and no one really buzz worthy (other than Granderson) coming in
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

IDK i hate that trade. I never liked Javier Vasquez. Id much rather have Melky even though JV maybe better.

So many people leaving and no one really buzz worthy (other than Granderson) coming in
smh.gif
smh.gif

So u basically just want NAMES at every position right? I mean the yankees have been signing has beens and people who couldn't get it done in NY from 2001to 2008. I like the way the team is heading. I still think we trade for carl crawford or re-sign johnny for 1 or 2 years.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Vizcaino will not turn out to be anything that Keith Law thinks he is. Sorry but Cashman robbed Atlanta blind. Teams would have given up a lot more than a 4th OFer and two average to below average prospects for Vasquez after the year he had. Gives them the option to resign Damon and have an OF capable of having 25 HR's a piece.

*shrugs* the flame suit is always on.

Word up

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

he went out like a sucka in those playoffs. With his weak $$@.

That whole team when out like a bunch of pansies, can't just place blame on him. Kevin Brown %%+#$% that game up more than anything, they fed Vasquezto the sharks putting him out there w/the bases loaded and 1 out against a lefty pull hitter.

Yea blame 2004 on javy
laugh.gif
that's the person who failed us. Nobody ever wants to mention if Moe gets that save we would have #28 right now !

Back
Top Bottom