The Official World Champion New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

he went out like a sucka in those playoffs. With his weak $$@.

That whole team when out like a bunch of pansies, can't just place blame on him. Kevin Brown %%+#$% that game up more than anything, they fed Vasquez to the sharks putting him out there w/the bases loaded and 1 out against a lefty pull hitter.

Thank you finally some common sense having fans. Javy was an All Star that first half of the year in 03-04 then his shoulder went dead the second half of theseason. Then he wasn't given a chance to make up for it all as he was traded abruptly. I feel like he's going to be pitching with a chip on hisshoulder. Not only to make up for that season but also he is in a CONTRACT year. Players always show up when that contract is on the line. No performance, nonew contract.

And I honestly hate this unrealistic and unhealthy obsession some Yanks fans have with some of our prospects. Vizcaino is probably another 3-4 years away frommaking the big leagues. Not helping us in anyway shape or form. Just eating innings and progressing down in Triple A.

I hope Damon comes graveling back. We might repeat and then set ourselves up for another few championships in the next 5 years. The way everything has pannedout has been beautiful and quite strategic on Cashman behalf. Every trade overlapped with each other. Was this planned or just by accident?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

IDK i hate that trade. I never liked Javier Vasquez. Id much rather have Melky even though JV maybe better.

So many people leaving and no one really buzz worthy (other than Granderson) coming in
smh.gif
smh.gif

So u basically just want NAMES at every position right? I mean the yankees have been signing has beens and people who couldn't get it done in NY from 2001 to 2008. I like the way the team is heading. I still think we trade for carl crawford or re-sign johnny for 1 or 2 years.
Relax. Thats not what Im saying. Im saying I feel like we lost more talent then weve gained with the acception of Granderson

Not feeling Javier Vasquez
not feeling Nick Johnson

We lost Matsui, Damon, Melky, Wang which I can not believe.

IDK this is just m opinion. I feel like we are downgrading.

IDK i hate that trade. I never liked Javier Vasquez. Id much rather have Melky even though JV maybe better.

So many people leaving and no one really buzz worthy (other than Granderson) coming in
smh.gif
smh.gif

So u basically just want NAMES at every position right? I mean the yankees have been signing has beens and people who couldn't get it done in NY from 2001 to 2008. I like the way the team is heading. I still think we trade for carl crawford or re-sign johnny for 1 or 2 years.
Relax. Thats not what Im saying. Im saying I feel like we lost more talent then weve gained with the acception of Granderson

Not feeling Javier Vasquez
not feeling Nick Johnson

We lost Matsui, Damon, Melky, Wang which I can not believe.

IDK this is just m opinion. I feel like we are downgrading.

Wang? Melky? Come on I know they are your guys but come on they are my guys too but let's be realistic melky was one of the WORST statistical outfieldersin the AL. Matsui hurts me still and Damon isn't gone YET. I Don't understand the logic of swapping johnson and matsui AT ALL. But this team WITH Damonis >>> than last year imo just off the strength of johnson's OBP, Granderson's speed and power bat, and our rotation. You guys forget that wehad sergio mitre and chad gaudin in the rotation down the stretch
smh.gif

Yea blame 2004 on javy
laugh.gif
that's the person who failed us. Nobody ever wants to mention if Moe gets that save we would have #28 right now !
ding ding ding...twice

This is how I see it. Granderson replaces matsui's pop and gives us speed and defense in center and is young and in his prime. Nick Johnson is just abetter player than melky and is a hugh OBP guy only behind Mauer and Pujols. Javy vasquez is a strikeout pitcher and that is a definite + in this ballpark andhe's gonna prove a lot of u guys wrong. Javy >>>>> gaudin and mitre. Yankee fans should love the javy deal just because he's giving uswhat we all wanted. JOBA IN THE PEN.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Yea blame 2004 on javy
laugh.gif
that's the person who failed us. Nobody ever wants to mention if Moe gets that save we would have #28 right now !
ding ding ding...twice

Thank you Deadset. I mean I'm happy somebody else realizes this besides me even tho he is a sox fan
laugh.gif

This is how I see it. Granderson replaces matsui's pop and gives us speed and defense in center and is young and in his prime. Nick Johnson is just a better player than melky and is a hugh OBP guy only behind Mauer and Pujols. Javy vasquez is a strikeout pitcher and that is a definite + in this ballpark and he's gonna prove a lot of u guys wrong. Javy >>>>> gaudin and mitre. Yankee fans should love the javy deal just because he's giving us what we all wanted. JOBA IN THE PEN.
Now that you put it that way I see what you mean. You win

This is how I see it. Granderson replaces matsui's pop and gives us speed and defense in center and is young and in his prime. Nick Johnson is just a better player than melky and is a hugh OBP guy only behind Mauer and Pujols. Javy vasquez is a strikeout pitcher and that is a definite + in this ballpark and he's gonna prove a lot of u guys wrong. Javy >>>>> gaudin and mitre. Yankee fans should love the javy deal just because he's giving us what we all wanted. JOBA IN THE PEN.
Now that you put it that way I see what you mean. You win

Nah its no win or lose. WE BOTH WIN WERE YANKEE FANS
laugh.gif
I just want us yankee fans to really disect these moves and realize cause is doing a good job so farthis offseason I know it sucks when a fan favorite leaves but at the end of the day its all about making the team better every year. If we resign damon idkwhat ill do
laugh.gif

I just hope these moves pay off, I was skeptical about the Javier trade because we now have a hole in LF, but I hope either Damon or Derosa get signed

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

he went out like a sucka in those playoffs. With his weak $$@.
That whole team when out like a bunch of pansies, can't just place blame on him. Kevin Brown %%+#$% that game up more than anything, they fed Vasquez to the sharks putting him out there w/the bases loaded and 1 out against a lefty pull hitter.
You're right about that...I'm flippin' on Vazquez 'cuz he gave up the nail in the coffin (FIRST PITCH TOO
smh.gif
) but it's notentirely on him...that whole team failed us...disgusting to even think about '04.
smh.gif

If Damon ends up being re-signed, I'll feel a whole lot better about that Vazquez trade...

Yea blame 2004 on javy
laugh.gif
Dude pulled the dagger on us...
laugh.gif
frown.gif

They would have definitely beat the Cards in '04...plus Mo's blown save in '01...Jeter could have had one more ring than Jordan right now.

Yankees love derosa. Thinkin about that jeter could of had 7 rings pisses me off
smh.gif
dude is already immortal with 5 but imagine 7 !

I love javy as our 4th starter. I love Hughes even more as the 5th. Yanks bullpen will be phenomenal with Roberston, Marte and Joba.

Melky will be missed by me
tired.gif
I swear every game I have attended the past3-4 years he hit a HR
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Vizcaino will not turn out to be anything that Keith Law thinks he is. Sorry but Cashman robbed Atlanta blind. Teams would have given up a lot more than a 4th OFer and two average to below average prospects for Vasquez after the year he had. Gives them the option to resign Damon and have an OF capable of having 25 HR's a piece.

*shrugs* the flame suit is always on.
Francesa was calling the deal a heist
roll.gif

You guys forget that we had sergio mitre and chad gaudin in the rotation down the stretch
smh.gif

In Gaudin We Trust
pimp.gif

If baseball games were only 5 innings long, Chad would be a beast...I hope he can potentially throw 6-7 innings regularly.

Jesus Montero wasranked #5 on Baseball America's Top 20 prospects.
pimp.gif

I took a look at the 2010 schedule again. Some games that now have a little more meaning thanks to offseason deals:

Apr 13-15: Yankees home opener against the LA Angels (Matsui's return to NY)
May 10-13: Yankees face the Tigers in Detroit. How will CURTISSSSSSSSSS be received? And will we see LOL Phil Coke again (supposedly the Tigers may make hima starter)? Also, Austin Jackson *might* be their starting CF...
June 15-17: World Series rematch between the Yankees and Phillies at Yankee Stadium
June 29, 30, July 1: three-game series with the Mariners at Yankee Stadium. If the M's really come out with a great start, this is a big series. TheYankees play the M's again July 8-11 in Seattle.
August 6-August 25: NO off days throughout that whole stretch, assuming there aren't rain delays.

The thing is Montero isnt going to be a catcher for us...

Really like the Vasquez deal a lot, not bring back Damon and Wang

Back
Top Bottom