The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
both scripts that were pasted by em has had their fixes discussed in here and even links to how to fix em(the css selectors and such), and if you were able to find the css selectors once(the div.crap) , you would be able to find em again, its the same process

If you're a noob to this:

Please know that there are a lot of things to know and understand before you will get how this works. If you don't even know how a webpage works under the hood: you're way ahead of yourself trying to make a bot work. If you can't glance at your script and understand why it does or does not work: you're ahead of yourself.

So chill out, and before you get annoyed by stuff here: go read. There is a lot of good info in this thread, but it all assumes that you know what we are talking about.

Bots need jQuery now. If you read jQuery and thought "WTF?", then you need to go learn jQuery.

Without basic understanding of HTML elements, how they are named, and how they are selected by the jQuery code, you will never progress further than where you are now. So go read! Learn!

Install Chrome or Firefox, start playing around in the developer tools.

Use tools like Codeacademy to learn jQuery: http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/jquery

Use websites like StackOverflow to find answers to questions you already have. (Trust me, any question you have has already been asked and answered with detailed code examples on StackOverflow.)

Also...

*stretch* Feels good to be back

Last edited:
Ok ok, I got everything worked out in my code now. At least what I was originally posting in here for, which you guys didn't help much anyway but I figured it out.

Now, I can't get my script to click the "add to cart" button for the life of me. Any tips, or help, at least with this please?

Edit: Below is the snippet of code I know I need to figure out for the button click
Code:
function waitForShoeSizeDisplayAndAddToCart (jNode) {    var addToCartButton = $(        "div.exp-pdp-container form.add-to-cart-form div.exp-pdp-save-container"    );    triggerMouseEvent (addToCartButton[0], "click");    //-- Setup step 5.    waitForKeyElements (        "div.mini-cart div.cart-item-data a.checkout-button:visible",        clickTheCheckoutButton    );}

Last edited:
Ok ok, I got everything worked out in my code now. At least what I was originally posting in here for, which you guys didn't help much anyway but I figured it out.

Now, I can't get my script to click the "add to cart" button for the life of me. Any tips, or help, at leas

t with this please?

Edit: Below is the snippet of code I know I need to figure out for the button click
Code:
function waitForShoeSizeDisplayAndAddToCart (jNode) {    var addToCartButton = $(        "div.exp-pdp-container form.add-to-cart-form div.exp-pdp-save-container"    );    triggerMouseEvent (addToCartButton[0], "click");    //-- Setup step 5.    waitForKeyElements (        "div.mini-cart div.cart-item-data a.checkout-button:visible",        clickTheCheckoutButton    );}
function waitForShoeSizeDisplayAndAddToCart (jNode) {
Code:
    var addToCartButton = $(        "div.exp-pdp-container form.add-to-cart-form div.exp-pdp-save-container .add-to-cart"
Code:
    );    triggerMouseEvent (addToCartButton, "click");    //-- Setup step 5.    waitForKeyElements (        "div.mini-cart div.cart-item-data a.checkout-button:visible",        clickTheCheckoutButton    );}
might work.

Last edited:
How long would it take to have an EC2 up and running? How early before 8am would u give yourself

function waitForShoeSizeDisplayAndAddToCart (jNode) {
Code:
    var addToCartButton = $(        "div.exp-pdp-container form.add-to-cart-form div.exp-pdp-save-container .add-to-cart"
Code:
    );    triggerMouseEvent (addToCartButton, "click");    //-- Setup step 5.    waitForKeyElements (        "div.mini-cart div.cart-item-data a.checkout-button:visible",        clickTheCheckoutButton    );}
might work.
Surprisingly, that still doesn't work. I posted my question on SOF where someone suggested I used button instead of .add-to-cart in your selector, but still nothing.

I hate when **** doesn't work and I know I'm doing things right. I haven't even changed absolutely anything else in my code, and now this happens.

How long would it take to have an EC2 up and running? How early before 8am would u give yourself

BY TONIGHT. YOU WILL WANT TO SET UP EVERYTHING UP AND TEST. NOT SOMETHING TO SCRAMBLE AND DO RIGHT BEFORE THE RELEASE. THEN AGAIN, ORDERS FROM EC2 ARE GETTING CANCELLED. IT'S EASY FOR NIKE TO DETECT THEM.

Last edited:
BY TONIGHT. YOU WILL WANT TO SET UP EVERYTHING UP AND TEST. NOT SOMETHING TO SCRAMBLE AND DO RIGHT BEFORE THE RELEASE. THEN AGAIN, ORDERS FROM EC2 ARE GETTING CANCELLED. IT'S EASY FOR NIKE TO DETECT THEM.
It's a damn shame, too.. My ISPs routes are horrible... takes me so long to open nike.

time to do some cloud hopping!

the thing about supercomputers - they tend to have university IPs. and schools in session!

but on a serious note. it takes maybe 2 hours for me to launch 120 TLO bots on ec2 using the medium instance type.

40 per server location.

scripting and xdotool saves hours.

the thing about supercomputers - they tend to have university IPs. and schools in session!

but on a serious note. it takes maybe 2 hours for me to launch 120 TLO bots on ec2 using the medium instance type.

40 per server location.

Can still use EC2... just gotta be clever about it

any idea what the flag is? the ip the sale comes from?

Can someone help, I saved the jquery.js file into the folder, but now the scanner won't automatically click the link.

I opened the jquery.min and its so confusing...

I just replaced all the links with nike.com and changed all the numbers to my shoe size and it still doesn't work.

I don't get it, I was the original author and developer of jquery pleasu help!

U guys r no help!!!! Help!!!!

Ok kinda crazy idea here... so you know on eastbay/footlocker/etc, there is a countdown timer and when it reaches 0, the add to cart button appears. I played around on "Inspect element" on chrome on eastbay's site, specifically the page for the Reebok Questions launching tomorrow, as there is an active timer for those. I was able to get the add to cart button to appear for a very brief second, until there was an error and the timer came back up. I have done things like this on other sites before, do you think it would be possible to get the add to cart button to appear early? I understand it wouldn't be active until 8 AM but it would be a huge advantage to have that as then you could just spam click it until it becomes active. 

This is just an idea, interested in any feedback that anyone has.

Ok kinda crazy idea here... so you know on eastbay/footlocker/etc, there is a countdown timer and when it reaches 0, the add to cart button appears. I played around on "Inspect element" on chrome on eastbay's site, specifically the page for the Reebok Questions launching tomorrow, as there is an active timer for those. I was able to get the add to cart button to appear for a very brief second, until there was an error and the timer came back up. I have done things like this on other sites before, do you think it would be possible to get the add to cart button to appear early? I understand it wouldn't be active until 8 AM but it would be a huge advantage to have that as then you could just spam click it until it becomes active. 

This is just an idea, interested in any feedback that anyone has.
Its bots available that try and add to cart before the countdown ends

40 per server location.

:wow: 120 link bots being spawned for this launch??? Sure that is not enough?:rolleyes

well, God speed sir...ima stick with 40 or so...if i get half of those out of your grip that would be good enough for me, then again i wonder how many will actually be available on nike.com?

btw, for those who were asking, I'm not messing with ec2s any more, but if ya wana make it less obvious, use an elastic ip. your welcome

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom