The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

On second maybe this is true. I remember reading that there were budget issues which would delay SF V until like 2018 or something. It's possible that Sony helped cover the cost??

Word is that SFV wouldn't have been possible without SONY backing it financially.

Also, there is another PS4 exclusive to be announced by capcom. Onimusha please.

Last edited:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

MEGATON but probably timed exclusive.

Not expecting this at all.
It makes sense not being on the under powered X-Bone with it's struggling world wide sales and absolutely horrid Japan sales. SF is big in Japan, it wouldn't make sense to release it on a console that sold less than 30,000 units. Tekken 7 also isn't going to be released on the X-Bone in Japan either. 

Capcom loves money though and hasn't had a hit with a new IP in a long time, so we'll probably see it on X-Bone in a few years when the sales start to slow down. 

It makes sense not being on the under powered X-Bone with it's struggling world wide sales and absolutely horrid Japan sales. SF is big in Japan, it wouldn't make sense to release it on a console that sold less than 30,000 units. Tekken 7 also isn't going to be released on the X-Bone in Japan either. 

Capcom loves money though and hasn't had a hit with a new IP in a long time, so we'll probably see it on X-Bone in a few years when the sales start to slow down. 

Yea it would have tanked in Japan if it was a xbone exclusive.
The kotaku link also makes it sound like PC might just mean an aracde release and not steam.

I'm glad Sony picked this up if it is the case. Very good news.

I'll wait for an official announcement though :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
I would've been fine with a PS4 release for USF IV but this is even better, totally unexpected.

Killer Instict was never going to be on PS. It's owned by rare who is owned by MS.

Metal Gear Online
Bloodborne
No Man's Sky
The Order

Amongst others tonight on The Game Awards.

Very exciting next couple of days coming up.

Last edited:
Killer Instict was never going to be on PS. It's owned by rare who is owned by MS.

Metal Gear Online
Bloodborne
No Man's Sky
The Order

Amongst others tonight on The Game Awards.

Very exciting next couple of days coming up.

I thought the new KI wasn't made by Rare :nerd:? I could be wrong though

It wasn't, but Rare is MS 1st Party. So KI, Banjo, Perfect Dark, Conker etc. are exclusive to Xbox.

I think I am gonna get into fighting games again with street fighter V. Missed the boat with SFIV. I can't wait for V now.

I hope SFV isnt the big announcement for that Playstation experience expo.
I hope not either now that the surprise element is gone. Once I get off work today, I won't be back in this thread until Sunday night / Monday morning.

I hope SFV isnt the big announcement for that Playstation experience expo.

Would you have said the same thing if not for the leak?

I love fighters and SF especially. So this is awesome news either way, though I dont think there was only one announcement to be made.

Back
Top Bottom