The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

ps+ member rock band 4 bonus w/ preorder
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/rock-band-4/cid=UP8802-CUSA02084_00-ROCKBAND4PS40000
  • All That Remains - “Divide”
  • Blitz Kids - “Run For Cover”
  • Bring Me The Horizon – “Throne”
  • Dead Sara – “Mona Lisa”
  • Duran Duran – “The Reflex”
  • Janis Joplin – “Move Over”
  • Of Mice & Men – “Would You Still Be There”
  • Oh Honey – “Sugar You”
  • Pantera – “Cowboys From Hell (Live from Monsters in Moscow Festival)”
  • Seastick Steve – “Summertime Boy”

[rule]Only games that sold me on a preorder this year.
View media item 1672055
I was hoping the Fallout 4 CE would pop back up on BB so I could use my GCU but I just gotta pay that $120 :smh:

I'm not into music games at all but now my wife wants to get one for the kids. Rock Band 4 or GH Live?, iYen iYen :nerd:

Best FF game is 12 no contest

6 is amazing..followed by 5 (SNES graphics were the ****)

7 was good but wayyyyyy to linear..like walking in a straight line..hopefully the remake is less linear..

After I beat it I never played it again..it was beyond easy too..

12 has unlimited replay value I'm still playing it..and when it is available on PS4 it's gonna b a problem lol

I really can't wait for FF XII, it'll definitely hold me over for a while once it releases.

I was hoping the Fallout 4 CE would pop back up on BB so I could use my GCU but I just gotta pay that $120
mean.gif

I'm not into music games at all but now my wife wants to get one for the kids. Rock Band 4 or GH Live?, @iYen
nerd.gif
100% rock band 4. 4 people can play as a band and there's little gameplay features to make y'all "feel" like a band.

I can't elaborate now. What's been stated by Harmonix is that every band member will have sections of gameplay where each band member can express themselves or add their own flavor to an insturment part on a song.

Drum solos, guitar solos, and singing.

Bass is boring.

Rock Band 4 will be supported for years apparently(weekly or bi-weekly dlc hopefully).

tldr, rock band 4 is making an effort to bring back great local party gameplay that few games(except nintendo) offer.

gh live is a cash grab like destiny, which is fine.

but it's like those pay-to-play phone apps.

Not worth your money.

The director behind

has vowed to not work on video games anymore.

Various movie people were able to make the crossover to videogames, but he found it to be a negative experience.
mean.gif

“I have proven to be the albatross of video games,” he said. “I joined THQ, and THQ goes broke. I join Kojima, and Kojima leaves Konami. I have decided, in order not to destroy anyone else’s life, I have decided I will never again get involved in video games. Otherwise, I’ll join someone and his house will explode, or something."

Last edited:
Best FF game is 12 no contest

6 is amazing..followed by 5 (SNES graphics were the ****)

7 was good but wayyyyyy to linear..like walking in a straight line..hopefully the remake is less linear..

After I beat it I never played it again..it was beyond easy too..

12 has unlimited replay value I'm still playing it..and when it is available on PS4 it's gonna b a problem lol
wait so VII is linear but VI isn't..?

VII is the best IMO. Best music, best characters, best system, most memorable bosses IMO...
Honestly VI and VII are so similar I don't see how a person could say one is far better than the other.

We need a V and VI remaster asap along with ct, parasite eve, brave fencer musashi etc

Last edited:
I feel like FF VII took a lot from VI. Obviously that's not a bad thing. FF VII just took off the way it did because it was the first FF game in 3D.

FF VI is far from linear. Majority of the second half is optional, all side quests.

I'm actually started playing FF VI again last night. The emotions you feel in this game can be
frown.gif
 at times.
Having a family of my own and watching the scene where Cyan ran after the Phantom Train with his family departing to the "other" side really had me in my feels
frown.gif

Hey you FF lovers I want to start playing the games bit which ones are worth playing? Is there any particular one I should start with first to ease myself into it or just start with whichever one I want

You can start with whatever you'd like. 

You'll get a different answer from everyone, but VI, IX, VII, and X are usually the favorites. IV, V, VIII, and XII are all GREAT games as well.

I, II, III, and Lightning Returns: FF XIII are good games.

And you can stay away from X-2, XIII, XIII-2 unless you really want to.

XI and XIV are MMO's, with XIV being extremely good. You have to pay a subscription, though.

Hey you FF lovers I want to start playing the games bit which ones are worth playing? Is there any particular one I should start with first to ease myself into it or just start with whichever one I want
Start with V or VI. Play VII after you finish VI IMO.

IV, V, VI, VII, IX and X are worth playing.

I feel like FF VII took a lot from VI. Obviously that's not a bad thing. FF VII just took off the way it did because it was the first FF game in 3D.

FF VI is far from linear. Majority of the second half is optional, all side quests.

I'm actually started playing FF VI again last night. The emotions you feel in this game can be :frown:  at times.

Having a family of my own and watching the scene where Cyan ran after the Phantom Train with his family departing to the "other" side really had me in my feels :frown:
i think being 3D is a huge part of it but the story and the gameplay was better suited for someone that hadn't played rpg's before. The super bowl ad helped too.

The newness of the psx helped. Like all the planets were aligned. I'm not as much of a fan of the second half of VI as a lot of people are. I feel like you have to do those side quests otherwise the game is eh... Not finishing the game with your team

They really should remaster some of the SNES masterpieces..

Chrono, mana, earthbound, mario rpg, FF4 & 6(2&3), mystic quest, evermore, illusion of gaia, breath of fire, soul blazer, ogre battle...

I know I'm probably missing a bunch too.. :smokin

SNES era - FF IV, V, VI

PS1 - FF VII, VIII, IX

PS2 - X, XII

wait so VII is linear but VI isn't..?

VII is the best IMO. Best music, best characters, best system, most memorable bosses IMO...
Honestly VI and VII are so similar I don't see how a person could say one is far better than the other.

We need a V and VI remaster asap along with ct, parasite eve, brave fencer musashi etc
My Man :pimp:

That is why VII is my favourite also.
But to be fair I just love how solid the series is.

Start with VII.

Taking aside my personal bias away, it's got the worst 3D graphics and it's getting a remake and I think playing it first then the remake is better than playing the remake first then the original game.

Either that or just wait for the remake and play the other two from the PSX era first.

Also, it might be worth getting a vita, makes things easier

ffvita.jpg

PlayStation Experience 2015 Comes to San Francisco

View media item 1672626

Deep breath: PlayStation Experience is officially a go for 2015! The epic two-day PlayStation community event is back, relocating to sunny/foggy/windy San Francisco this December 5th and 6th.

What can you expect this year? For starters, a ton of hands-on time with 2015 and 2016’s biggest games, plus a front-row seat for major PlayStation announcements. Plus some of those patented PlayStation surprises you’ve come to expect.

View media item 1672627
Also, for all you Street Fighter fans out there, the Capcom Cup will be held at PlayStation Experience this year as a one-day special event open to all attendees on Sunday, December 6th! As the final culmination of the 2015 Capcom Pro Tour, the official Street Fighter eSports league, the Capcom Cup will feature 32 of the world’s best players competing for the title of “Street Fighter World Champion” and a shot at the massive $250,000 prize pool.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/14/playstation-experience-2015-comes-to-san-francisco/

PSX and Capcom Cup on the same weekend. AWW YISSS

Wondering what would be left after Paris and TGS.
Hope we get another bomb like SFV

Marvel vs Capcom 4 :nerd:

Last edited:
^That would be really nice if MvC4 was announced. But I don't think that would happen...or would it?
nerd.gif

I forgot to mention 9 (DOPE) as well the PS1 graphics suck so bad tho lollll (6/9/12 all had the same director)

For the FFXII fans what is ur favorite level in the game?? Mine is the Cerobi Steppe..never gets old..my file has about 70% of just running around that level alone lol

Last edited:
You guys crack me up. Game has a world map with airships and chocobos where you can fly anywhere....

"TOO linear"

There's nothing wrong with linear story telling as long as the story keeps you interested and progressing, there are enough side-quests and other things to do when you don't want to just do the story, and the locations you visit are diverse and compelling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom