The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Kotaku pulling no punches...

[h1]
Final Fantasy XV's VR Demo Is Terrible
[/h1]

It’s not shocking that Square Enix is bringing Final Fantasy to virtual reality, but based on what they’re showing so far, there’s not much reason to get excited.

After Sony’s press conference, the company allowed people to play a number of the VR games that were announced at the event. Batman: Arkham VR, which I wrote about earlier today, looks promising. I can’t say the same for Final Fantasy.

The playable portion was exactly the same as what’s featured in the trailer. You enter into an arena, warp between a few pre-determined points, and shoot a monster. You fire at that monster for several minutes, and eventually it dies.

That’s it. There’s nothing more to it. It, um, bad.

It doesn’t take meaningful advantage of virtual reality, and the mechanics aren’t satisfying. You hold down a button, point in the direction of the monster, and win! Perhaps this’ll change when Square Enix delivers the whole thing later this year, but if it’s more of what I played yesterday, temper your expectations.

In fact, the most interesting part of the demo was watching what people did when it was over. After the monster’s defeated, you have a chance to go for a ride with the game’s weirdly sexualized take on Cid. Would you be surprised if people decided to get really close to certain parts of her body? You should not.

:lol: I told y'all both demos were trash.

:smh:

What's not trash is Last Guardian. I got a chance to play it behind closed doors and it was a very emotional experience. Not just because of the hype but because of the gameplay and storytelling. Anyone who loves pets/animals will probably be in tears at some point during the game.

The dev team was nice enough to give me this as well.

View media item 2070007

Man this story and these wack cut scenes about to make me uninstall this Need for Speed game

I just read that Red Dead was supposed to be showed at the end of Sony's presser but they pulled it due to the Orlando shooting.

@HybridSoldier23
nerd.gif
Unless the demo looked like No Russian then this is stupid if true

I just read that Red Dead was supposed to be showed at the end of Sony's presser but they pulled it due to the Orlando shooting.

[@=/u/37370/HybridSoldier23]@HybridSoldier23[/@] :nerd:

Unless the demo looked like No Russian then this is stupid if true

Last I heard, 1 week before the show it was slated to be talked about. But I've seen stuff scrapped day of so who knows. I don't have any insight on the trailer so I can't speak on that. It's in development but for whatever reason they felt that this wasn't the time to reveal it.

Last edited:
What's not trash is Last Guardian. I got a chance to play it behind closed doors and it was a very emotional experience. Not just because of the hype but because of the gameplay and storytelling. Anyone who loves pets/animals will probably be in tears at some point during the game.

The dev team was nice enough to give me this as well.

View media item 2070007

Looks like my size :lol:

My wishlist is huge as well. I'll most likely pick up a majority on Black Friday if they're $30 or less.

Deus Ex
Madden 17
NBA 2K17
Mafia 3
The Last Guardian
Forza Horizon 3

I also have some day ones :lol:

I know some of yall gonna flame me but after watching more of Horizon, I realize that's what I wanted the Witcher to be. The combat intrigues me a lot more too.

The thing I could have asked for more in the Witcher is that the world was bigger.

Other than that flawless

I know some of yall gonna flame me but after watching more of Horizon, I realize that's what I wanted the Witcher to be. The combat intrigues me a lot more too.
How so? You wanted to fight robots in the Witcher? Lol
Lol idk man, Horizon just seems like it's a little more action oriented and still has the RPG mechanics I want. Witcher is just so slow to me and I already told ya'll it's just too damn much to do in that game :lol:

That being said, I still want to try and finish Witcher even if I play it on and off every now and then

Lol idk man, Horizon just seems like it's a little more action oriented and still has the RPG mechanics I want. Witcher is just so slow to me and I already told ya'll it's just too damn much to do in that game :lol:

That being said, I still want to try and finish Witcher even if I play it on and off every now and then

The Witcher can be a bit overwhelming with how much there is to do. But after doing just about everything in the main game and Hearts of Stone, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed my time. The game hit a lot of notes with me.

W3 didn't do it for me. It was cool at first but the allure faded quickly for me. Horizon is intriguing, but I'll prob wait for a sale or redbox it.

Got a few more planets left on Ratchet & Clank. Fun game to just play without thinking. Started Heavy Rain a little. The controls are annoying, but whatever. The mall chapter :smh:

W3 didn't do it for me. It was cool at first but the allure faded quickly for me. Horizon is intriguing, but I'll prob wait for a sale or redbox it.

Got a few more planets left on Ratchet & Clank. Fun game to just play without thinking. Started Heavy Rain a little. The controls are annoying, but whatever. The mall chapter :smh:

JASON!!!!!!

The thing I could have asked for more in the Witcher is that the world was bigger.

Other than that flawless

The world is already pretty big. Why would you want it to be even bigger? :lol:
Yes, once you got to the end I was like o this area was right here. Fast travel made the world seem smaller plus islands and land where there was nothing to make them areas seem pointless

Back
Top Bottom