The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

image.png

^ That just popped up for me when I was trying to install the new content for Battlefield 1. It's very useful. :lol:

^ That just popped up for me when I was trying to install the new content for Battlefield 1. It's very useful. :lol:
this. I would've liked having this when I was try By to reinstall doom during the free trial. Didn't know that game was 70 gigs 0]

Best Buy with GCU >> over amazon prime for games.

-The 20% off discount on new games is only good for I think like 2 weeks after a new game releases.
-I've seen and heard a lot bad reviews where people have pre ordered a limited, or collectors edition of a game and Amazon fails to deliver or ends up canceling pre orders.
-Games not getting delivered on time or on release date.
-Amazon Prime membership price for a year now is ridiculous.

I don't have experience with BB, but let me be the one to share my experiences about Amazon.

-The 20% only applies to pre-orders now, which lasts pretty much right up until midnight the night before release in most cases.
-This isn't true from my experience, they have always delivered on RD. (Could be because I live in a major city that has a DC) I don't purchase these type of editions usually but I have for friends/family many times & my only complaint was they shipped in bubble wrap. SMH. But i called Amazon to express my dissatisfaction with that experience & they replaced my unit for free with a replacement & future deluxe editions have been shipped in boxes only, because of my preferences.
-I pay only $49 due to a glitch that allows me to continuously renew at previous student pricing, but yeah otherwise $100 is a lot. My whole family uses my account, so we spend a lot & get a lot of use for it, so you'll recoup what you spent over time in savings & shipping even if you pay regular.

Side note, I pre-ordered Uncharted, so can't wait to get that tomorrow!

PO

Last edited:
I've read negative feedback for GT Sport stating that it's like another Prologue.

I wouldn't read too much into anything cuz, well... it's probably mostly based on beta versions. Not fair for them to judge a game when it isn't even out yet.

I heard it was more online, multiplayer based, rather than single player campaign.

But this appears to be the case. Huge focus on online racing, which is disappointing for me. Not a huge selections of cars or tracks at launch. I expect lots of DLC's tho.

I always enjoyed GT's campaign. Hope there'll be more than what's being rumored.

Last edited:

GT Sport Campaign Mode
Although Kazunori Yamauchi outlined the single player mode of GT Sport at the Copper Box event last year, details have been scarce. This latest update changes things somewhat.

The “campaign” comprises four areas: Driving School; Mission Challenge; Circuit Experience; and Racing Etiquette.

Driving School is exactly what you’d expect from a Gran Turismo game. It features basic car control challenges and cornering techniques set on short areas of race tracks. Passing each gives a gold, silver or bronze trophy, while passing a block of eight grants an additional award. There are 48 tests in total, split into Beginner and Intermediate groups.

GT-Sport-driving_school_02-800x450.jpg

Mission Challenge pits you against AI cars in driving challenges. These are both short sections of track and full lap missions. Again, the game breaks them up into blocks of eight, with a prize for each and 64 tests in total.

Circuit Experience is a way to learn tracks, similar to the challenges in the later stages of Gran Turismo PSP. This area breaks each track up into small sections, allowing you to learn a new circuit in stages. A final test examines your ability to drive the whole circuit. Interestingly, this section of this build includes four new, unknown tracks: Kyoto Driving Park Miyabi; Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa; Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop; and “BB Raceway”. This version of the game renames the existing Tokyo circuit to Tokyo Expressway Central Outer Loop.

Last is the Racing Etiquette section. This isn’t explored in this release, however it appears to be an area that helps teach drivers track courtesy. This should help those with low Sportsmanship Ratings (SR) improve their behavior for online racing!

Seems like campaign is geared towards teaching how to race and taking your skills online.
I hardly touched online for GT5 but I'm excited for proper racing against others as long as its done well. I wasn't part of the beta so no idea but I heard good things about it.
Bold step on changing the usual formula. Let's see how it turns out.

If I thought Nioh was difficult, should I even give Bloodborne a chance?

Also, I may have missed the discussion previously, but how are Persona 5 and Nier: Automata? I've never played a Persona game before, but the game's style kind of caught my attention.

In my personal experience, Bloodborne got retroactively easier after playing Nioh, but That's because I've gone through Nioh 4 times already. :lol:
The are both fast paced, but in their own unique way. I'm not too good at explaining things like this. I feel it's better to share play. :lol:

Also, I may have missed the discussion previously, but how are Persona 5 and Nier: Automata? I've never played a Persona game before, but the game's style kind of caught my attention.
having played both, Nioh is def harder than Bloodborne so I would still give Bloodborne a try.

NT fam i need some help!! my ps4 about to die and eb games in canada is having a trade in promo, trade your ps4 and 100$ for a ps4 slim or trade your ps4 and 219 for a PRO, i do not have a 4k tv but i do have 1440p g sync monitor. what should i do?

NT fam i need some help!! my ps4 about to die and eb games in canada is having a trade in promo, trade your ps4 and 100$ for a ps4 slim or trade your ps4 and 219 for a PRO, i do not have a 4k tv but i do have 1440p g sync monitor. what should i do?

If your PS4 is about to die, there is zero chance in hell that EB Games (or even Gamestop) will accept your dying console for a trade-in. Both those stores will double-check your console for quality before finalizing the trade-in process, and if they detect one significant defect (especially one that would cause your PS4 to brick) then THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR PS4 CONSOLE IN THE TRADE.

Either figure out what is wrong with your PS4, or be prepared to shell a chunk load of money to pay for a PS4 Pro.........EB Games won't accept a broken PS4 for trades, I assure you.

If your PS4 is about to die, there is zero chance in hell that EB Games (or even Gamestop) will accept your dying console for a trade-in. Both those stores will double-check your console for quality before finalizing the trade-in process, and if they detect one significant defect (especially one that would cause your PS4 to brick) then THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR PS4 CONSOLE IN THE TRADE.

Either figure out what is wrong with your PS4, or be prepared to shell a chunk load of money to pay for a PS4 Pro.........EB Games won't accept a broken PS4 for trades, I assure you.

its still working , but 40 minutes into mlb last night it got super hot and the fan was blowing really hard. Plan on taking it in tomorrow, just can't decide what model

Everyone should give Bloodborne a chance.

If this is the case then why was someone in here saying they copped a used PS4 that had family of roaches living inside of it, :lol:

Damn, Uncharted drops tomrrow ? This crept up on me, time flew.

I wanna get it ....but see....the way my backlog is setup ......

Back
Top Bottom