The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

combat
Art
Atmosphere
Enemy design
Soundtrack

Everything is of the highest quality.

Only argument against a Bloodborne 2 is that it’s not likely to top the first.

Yeah, that first boss is my favorite from Bloodborne/Demon's & Dark Souls. Not a word I use, often, but it's just epic. The intro, the design, the cut scenes, the MUSIC! The music, man it hits just right. Gave me goosebumps when I first played it.

And one of the areas in the DLC is just downright unsettling. I Love it.

Yeah, that first boss is my favorite from Bloodborne/Demon's & Dark Souls. Not a word I use, often, but it's just epic. The intro, the design, the cut scenes, the MUSIC! The music, man it hits just right. Gave me goosebumps when I first played it.

i was reading through the bloodborne reddit and someone said he cried when he was doing the ludwig fight :lol:

That fight with Maria was probably my favorite.

blood starved beast is a great fight just 100%. adrenaline music is so dope

mergos wet nurse was such a creepy fight

rom is one of my least favorite bosses but from a pure aesthetic standpoint that level is dope

I've only gotten through 2 episodes of Telltale's Batman game and this thing is a chore. Does the story get any better? I also forgot about Telltale's hilarious decision making choices. "Here's two options. Both terrible. You're ****** either way, but you gotta pick one of them."

Im actually enjoying the batman one..

Just dont like the fact all the fight sequences feel like there are no consequences for hitting the wrong button.

blood starved beast is a great fight just 100%. adrenaline music is so dope

mergos wet nurse was such a creepy fight

rom is one of my least favorite bosses but from a pure aesthetic standpoint that level is dope
Rom was the second worst boss in the game. Micolash was the worst :lol:

IMG_5197.JPG

got the Nioh Plat,

review:
one thing is for sure, this isnt a soulsborne game. I came in thinking this is a souls clone ( amrita = souls/echos ) but by the end i realized its not. they have similarities sure, but if you play both games enough you will see that theyre not the same. the speed of the combat in nioh can be taken into overdrive, with more slashes, dashes and combos all linked together. pair that with the use of magic and ninjitsu. after all you are a samurai/ninja in this game. to me this is what sets it apart from souls games. you have more custom options for your gear too.
is this game difficult? i would have to say, its not as difficult as bloodborne. is it as fun? i have to say "no". it lacks atmosphere (same background music for almost all the bosses). the fun in the challenge isn't there for me as well. the dual bosses were hard but the solution to fight them, was to just kite around the faster boss and then get a few hits in. its not a very fun thing to do. the best boss was muneshige.
total score = 6.74/8

Yeah I am at the last boss (I think) and have spent 3 hours trying to beat :smh:.

I will get it tonight though.

IMG_5197.JPG

got the Nioh Plat,

review:
one thing is for sure, this isnt a soulsborne game. I came in thinking this is a souls clone ( amrita = souls/echos ) but by the end i realized its not. they have similarities sure, but if you play both games enough you will see that theyre not the same. the speed of the combat in nioh can be taken into overdrive, with more slashes, dashes and combos all linked together. pair that with the use of magic and ninjitsu. after all you are a samurai/ninja in this game. to me this is what sets it apart from souls games. you have more custom options for your gear too.
is this game difficult? i would have to say, its not as difficult as bloodborne. is it as fun? i have to say "no". it lacks atmosphere (same background music for almost all the bosses). the fun in the challenge isn't there for me as well. the dual bosses were hard but the solution to fight them, was to just kite around the faster boss and then get a few hits in. its not a very fun thing to do. the best boss was muneshige.
total score = 6.74/8

Thanks for the review.

I respect your view but I don’t agree with all of it.

I think going in thinking it is a souls game will make you overly biased in that direction. It definitely isn’t a souls game it is a challenge mode type with a pretty good story if you can get through the DLC.

But I feel you though - the grind is so OD that it gets to a place where it just isn’t fun. And it is way harder than B.B. :lol: especially if you are trying to complete the story and DLC. Not even close.

As I am running through BB on my second play through I am realizing that NIOH doesn’t have that feel that can pull me in. It hits more on those addictive nerves rather than the feel good and immersed ones.

When I play BB I legitimately have a smile on my face the entire time.

I’d still give NIOH a 9 though. I think your score is outright misleading :lol:.

Last edited:
Atmosphere is everything in those games. In souls/borne you can literally open a door to a completely different environment. By the time you’re done you feel like you’ve been around the world.

Yeah I only messed with Nioh when they ran those betas. It just didn’t draw me in. I think the combat is cool and I’ll probably give the full game a shot eventually, but I would’ve rather had from do a samurai souls. I’m afraid now with Nioh they may not want to.

Then again, that teaser may have hinted at a possible asian setting.

Back
Top Bottom