The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Just wait.
There would be a PS5 royal edition or something with better graphics and all episodes in one.

One of my fav games this gen, both cars and bikes. Got the plat in both.
Such a shame it didn't get a pro patch. When you turn the HUD off it was one of the best looking racing games ever IMO.

H17T9Vh.gif

fV4TSQF.gif

dcbikes20rtvkcu5y.gif

d4YZVDQ.gif

These GIFs are beautiful, especially the second one with the c63 overtaking!

Too bad I’m late for DC. It’s definitely a promising game but it was just plagued with problems on their end.Been playing f1 2018/Dirt Rally 2.0 lately

Yes it's night and day. I was content with my Thrustmaster TX at the time. But now after having the Fanatec V2.5 wheel and the V3 inverted pedals, makes my thrustmaster stuff feel like some cheap plastic toys.

If it's something you think you'll use alot, just buy the right stuff the first time unlike me......

I started with a cheap non force feedback wheel and project cars on console. Quickly wanted Force feedback so I bought thrustmaster. Then I wanted iRacing so I got that subscription and built a cheap PC and then after iRacing hooked me it really snowballed.

Just kept wanting better stuff so now in 2 years I'm on my 3rd PC, 3rd Wheelbase, 3rd set of pedals, 2nd shifter, 2nd monitor setup, 2nd cockpit setup. The list goes on. Lol.

I guess it was money well spent when I consider the connections I've made on there have led to legit business relationships, friendships, finding myself behind the scenes at big race events, in a turn 2 suite at the Indy 500, even on the private jet of a famous race car driver cruising around the country. **** is wild.

IMG_20190415_121645.jpg

WHAAAAT!!! :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Great for you man! That’s a dream setup right there :pimp:

These GIFs are beautiful, especially the second one with the c63 overtaking!

Too bad I’m late for DC. It’s definitely a promising game but it was just plagued with problems on their end.Been playing f1 2018/Dirt Rally 2.0 lately
Yea, without the problems at the start, I think it would've been a lot more successful and probably a main franchise for Sony.

Same thing that happened to No Man's Sky and Marvel vs Capcom Infinte. A bad launch sometimes is irreparable

For anyone who wants to play it, bear in mind that you got less than a year if you want to go online.
Still though no rush as the single player content is meaty. Even better with the season pass which also has a ton of content.

upload_2019-5-18_21-27-59.png

Apologies of this was asked before but can’t Sony revive DC? Bring it back but in a Forza Horizon type of way for the PS |l

Maaaan :nerd:

WHAAAAT!!! :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Great for you man! That’s a dream setup right there :pimp:
Ya it wasn't my intention but once u try iRacing it snowballs quick lol

I strongly recommend anyone who likes realistic racing to get it. Don't have to spend crazy money you will have plenty of fun with a thrustmaster wheel and one screen. You just cannot match the realism and the level of competition on any other online racing platform.

They're also adding Lucas Oil offroad trucks next month. Should be fun.

Apologies of this was asked before but can’t Sony revive DC? Bring it back but in a Forza Horizon type of way for the PS |l

Maaaan :nerd:
After closing Evolution, most of the devs went to Codemasters and formed a team there.
Their last game, Onrush didn't do too well though. Looked like a spiritual successor to Motorstorm but no one cared much for it so maybe they can be hired for DC2.
I don't see it happening though. I don't think Sony cares that much about Driveclub otherwise they wouldn't have closed the studio and I don't see Codemasters being a studio for hire for an exclusive game.

They've also been ruthless with the under performers this gen. They've been trimming the fat from last gen.
The Order 1886 is not seeing a sequel with it's low sales and reviews but Days Gone with it's average reviews but great sales will probably have a sequel.

I really think they should have another racing franchise similar to Microsoft like you said. Even a Bike game like Tourist Trophy will be good to revive.
They would have been a good supplement to Gran Turismo but hey what can you do.

Edit: Just read that Codemasters layed off a bunch of devs after Onrush bombed including the director who was also the director of Driveclub so yea.

After closing Evolution, most of the devs went to Codemasters and formed a team there.
Their last game, Onrush didn't do too well though. Looked like a spiritual successor to Motorstorm but no one cared much for it so maybe they can be hired for DC2.
I don't see it happening though. I don't think Sony cares that much about Driveclub otherwise they wouldn't have closed the studio and I don't see Codemasters being a studio for hire for an exclusive game.

They've also been ruthless with the under performers this gen. They've been trimming the fat from last gen.
The Order 1886 is not seeing a sequel with it's low sales and reviews but Days Gone with it's average reviews but great sales will probably have a sequel.

I really think they should have another racing franchise similar to Microsoft like you said. Even a Bike game like Tourist Trophy will be good to revive.
They would have been a good supplement to Gran Turismo but hey what can you do.

Edit: Just read that Codemasters layed off a bunch of devs after Onrush bombed including the director who was also the director of Driveclub so yea.

Well said, man. I’m not totally well-versed with racing games but I try to find the best ones out there as much as possible. I grew up playing Gran Turismo/Ridge Racer/Test Drive/Collin McRae then of course played went through an NFS/Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero/Nascar phase in my teens and eventually settling into a more simulation-based type of racing game like Project Gotham and Forza (when I first got my 360) to now with the common ones like F1/PC2/Dirt on my PS4.

Yes, I play a bunch of games cuz I’m never really satisfied, and I’m just an average gamer per-se. I’m definitely open to upgrading to a more complex setup when I get the funds in check :rofl:

It’s disappointing to know about the turmoil within the DriveClub devs cuz they had a promising game that already has potential for a spinoff like a Forza Horizon. I’d buy one on release day :pimp:

Anyone know where I can find an external hard drive that's at least 1tb and is about $50-80?

What's everybody playing?

I'm been tackling Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm at the final showdown and decided to post pone that and clean up some trophies. I'm going to go ahead and platinum this one. I'll hopefully finish Dragon Quest XI next. I got about 60 hours logged and stopped playing right before the final boss.

I'm been tackling Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm at the final showdown and decided to post pone that and clean up some trophies. I'm going to go ahead and platinum this one. I'll hopefully finish Dragon Quest XI next. I got about 60 hours logged and stopped playing right before the final boss.

Started GoW. Played for like 15-20 minutes, so still on the tutorial I guess, but weirdly I really didn't like the camera perspective or the controls. Made me put the game down and turn on the Raptors Bucks game.

Rage 2 and assassins creed 3 remaster

Gonna start up borderlands 2 in a few weeks when my nephew comes for the summer.
How's Rage 2? I thought it looked really good. I started AC3 as well. I'll get back to it one day.

Started GoW. Played for like 15-20 minutes, so still on the tutorial I guess, but weirdly I really didn't like the camera perspective or the controls. Made me put the game down and turn on the Raptors Bucks game.
GoW was a slow burn for me. A good game but a tad bit overrated imo.

After platinuming Sekiro, I had a brief hiatus from games. My buddy just let me borrow DS3 though, so gonna start that up this week.
Kudos on platting Sekiro. I still haven't even fought a main boss yet :smh:

I've been putting in time in Division 2. God of War has been on my list of 'next game to play' lol

Rage 2 is really fun, would be better if it was coop. Fast action, 60 frames, great gun action. I recommend it and read it’s an easy Platinum for those into that. Some weirdo cut scenes tho lmao

Back
Top Bottom