The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Taking Colin’s idea and going to try and beat one JRPG per month. I figure it’ll help with the backlog as well.

Jan - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Feb - Tales of Vesperia DE/Dragon Quest XI
March - Final Fantasy VII Remake
same.

jan: ffVI so I sold my snes classic with my characters all around level 99...but I have ffVI on my jailbroken ps3 so i'm going to level my characters from the high 80s to 99 I think. gonna do a little every day since the month is halfway over and start a different rpg in feb.
feb: ffIV I've already beaten this 100% but don't have a save file on my jailbroken ps3 so i'm going to 100% this game one last time on there.
mar: ffV same as above.
apr: obviously ffVII remake

one day I will 100% ff1-3 nes but I have to mentally prepare myself. 3 was absolutely boring. I fell asleep multiple times trying to get everything.
playing through 3 (nes) normally feels as boring and tedious as leveling to ** in ct or leveling to 99 in parasite eve.

also one day I will run through ffIV and V on the gba color emulator I have on my jailbroken ps3 so I can run through the bonus content. I already did this on Nintendo ds but I sold them awhile back so I need to do it again.

i'm weird...I need to have everything from my childhood 100%ed in hd so I never have to do it again and so I can always look at it/go anywhere anytime in the game even when i'm like 75.

same.

jan: ffVI so I sold my snes classic with my characters all around level 99...but I have ffVI on my jailbroken ps3 so i'm going to level my characters from the high 80s to 99 I think. gonna do a little every day since the month is halfway over and start a different rpg in feb.
feb: ffIV I've already beaten this 100% but don't have a save file on my jailbroken ps3 so i'm going to 100% this game one last time on there.
mar: ffV same as above.
apr: obviously ffVII remake

one day I will 100% ff1-3 nes but I have to mentally prepare myself. 3 was absolutely boring. I fell asleep multiple times trying to get everything.
playing through 3 (nes) normally feels as boring and tedious as leveling to ** in ct or leveling to 99 in parasite eve.

also one day I will run through ffIV and V on the gba color emulator I have on my jailbroken ps3 so I can run through the bonus content. I already did this on Nintendo ds but I sold them awhile back so I need to do it again.

i'm weird...I need to have everything from my childhood 100%ed in hd so I never have to do it again and so I can always look at it/go anywhere anytime in the game even when i'm like 75.

I understand what you're saying. I bought every FF available on Vita and have them downloaded on there until the end of time.

I think the only mainline FF games I have yet to beat are FF3, FF5 (damn shame :smh: ), and FF11 (not sure if this counts). I got all the way to Exdeath in FF5 and stopped playing for whatever reason during my first deployment in 2010-2011.

I personally dont count the online ones. I dont know why. I think I also haven't beaten V for some reason. I need to get around to that one day. :lol:

V is dope IMO but its been awhile. I remember it being funny.
the job system was cool.
I remember gil turtle and a jackanapes in a castle or something being hard but other than that I don't think there are any battles where you'll have to use your brain and I think both are optional enemy battles.

V is dope IMO but its been awhile. I remember it being funny.
the job system was cool.
I remember gil turtle and a jackanapes in a castle or something being hard but other than that I don't think there are any battles where you'll have to use your brain and I think both are optional enemy battles.
I enjoy it. I just never rank it in my top lists because I haven’t beat it...yet. I wish a new FF game would go back to that job system though.

Anyone play Crash Team Racing Nitro- Fueled online ?
I have and it’s a lil wonky. Sometimes the games can be really laggy or run smoothly. Lately ive run into issues where I can’t load lobbies after a race and restarting the app doesn’t always fix it

PSA: Holiday Sale ends today. I was able to resist all holiday season except for yesterday.

I read a story that Subnautica has sold 4.5 million copies, in addition to 5+ million copies given out on PC for free in a promotion. I looked at some reviews and it looks like a great game that flew under the radar. It was only 23 bucks CAD, so I grabbed it to try out.

Anyone play Crash Team Racing Nitro- Fueled online ?

I got the game over the holidays. I think I'm OK at this game, but these dudes online are on another level- never making mistakes pretty much. Best I could do online was 4th place.

Last edited:
My Playstation year in review. Figures From Software games dominated my playtime this past year.

PS summary 1.png
PS summary 2.png

Just started Dark Souls Remastered this week. Not sure how long the platinum takes but I imagine I'll log close to 100 hours for this one to start my 2020.

Platinums this past year were Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 0, Bloodborne (had one trophy leftover from a year or two ago), Sekiro, Tekken 7, and Dark Souls 3.

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to September.

ALL HAIL THE BACKLOG!!

Back
Top Bottom