The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Early thoughts on Best Actor? I think Leo takes it. Hell wouldn’t be surprised if Tarantino gets Best Director. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was just masterclass film making on all fronts.

1581303767525.png

1581303817501.png

joaquin is winning unless something weird happens

Can’t see the academy snubbing him for play Johnny Cash and then finally rewarding him for playing a fictional character. On top of that it’ll turn the Joker role into too much of a cop out. Any actor fiendin for the hardware would just have to play that role off kilter and they’re at the least getting a nomination. He’ll win it eventually but not for that role.

Early thoughts on Best Actor? I think Leo takes it. Hell wouldn’t be surprised if Tarantino gets Best Director. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was just masterclass film making on all fronts.

Phoenix is definitely getting it but wouldn't be mad at Leo winning.

Agreed that OUATIH was one of the best films from last year :pimp:,rooting for Tarantino to get best director. Either him or Bong Joon-Ho would deserve it imo

Can’t see the academy snubbing him for play Johnny Cash and then finally rewarding him for playing a fictional character. On top of that it’ll turn the Joker role into too much of a cop out. Any actor fiendin for the hardware would have to play that role off kilter. He’ll win it eventually but not for that role.

the academy works in weird ways. Joaquin has been the favorite for months and has basically dominated the awards circuit. He’s most likely taking it tonight.

i would love to see a Adam Driver upset though :nerd:

If anything Joaquin is winning tonight cuz he was snubbed in the past.

Thats how the Oscars do. Leo didn't win for Revenant he won for the robberies of Wolf and Aviator.

the academy works in weird ways. Joaquin has been the favorite for months and has basically dominated the awards circuit. He’s most likely taking it tonight.

i would love to see a Adam Driver upset though :nerd:

All the more reason to snub him. He’s been adored at every turn but the politics of the academy is what has me thinking he won’t win it. Righteously I don’t think he deserves it. Joker and his performance were overrated. He’s done much better in previous roles

Back
Top Bottom