The Phantom of the 2001 Toyota Sienna

Okay, car mechanics, my mom's mini van keeps making this locking sound at odd times, as if we're locking it repeatedly. It does this even when the power is cut off, and does this while it is driving. Maybe the supernatural is taking over?
nerd.gif

Anyone have any ideas about this? Or have/had a car that had this problem? I keep telling her to get rid of it, but she always keeps saying no.
eyes.gif
Oh and the engine warning light is always on for some reason, don't know if that has anything to do with it. The power-doors are also FUBAR, as they sometimes never close with the automated button. Toyota repairmen haven't looked at the newest plague to my mom's vehicle, but they say that the ECU or whatever the computer-thing is for the car that would be replaced would be a few thousand.

Thanks NT.

Just because the engine isn't on doesn't necessarily mean that the power options aren't going to be working..battery's runnin

This happened on a dodge van i had, i know exactly what your talking about. its just the electrical system wearing down

OP Do you have a twin brother?

Cause If you do Ima beat the !%!@ out of you the next time I see yall *******.

If not, nvm homie.

And idk... Thats kind of an odd problem.

At least its not a sticky pedal
laugh.gif

I bet you its a malfunctioning lock switch have you tried googling to see if other sienna owners have had this problem?

Could be a problem with the electrical.

It happens alot to older cars. Just wear and tear on it over time.

Lol, wow. My parents have a Sienna and so does my uncle. Both have the same problem with the light being on, I think. My parents just decided to buy a new car instead of using that old thing. Sometimes when we're at a stop light or something, the piece of crap starts to shake. I don't know. Sorry for not helping OP haha.

Originally Posted by lexuslaf

If not, nvm homie.

what the hell?

If not, nvm homie.

Checking back on this thread....

Are you on %!!#!@+ roids or something? I seriously didn't see this one coming at all.

She took it to the dealer and they said another bull $%%! line about it costing thousands to replace. My dad just told her to suck it up
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
. There really is no reason to spend more on it because it has the automatic sliding door problem, warning light, and finally this, so it's a matter of time before my dad caves in I guess. It does click like every two seconds though. Thanks anyway.

If not, nvm homie.

O_RLY__Y_SO_SRS__by_Areyu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom