The Psychology Of A Black Man.

if one more mf asks me if I saw ¨13th¨ on Netflix ima pour myself a handful of glitter and slap the mf stupider.

Omar Epps GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

One of the best channels on YouTube. Real African Diaspora history.

We been around a long time, man.
You know not any channels similar to this but has African American history?

No, nor have I heard about it or seen it.

you know what, I was mostly fn with you but now I find myself once again bemused about this whole trip.

I spend most of my time and words preaching positivity in life, but I wrote a guest blog piece about how much racism sucks around the world and I can already tell it´s going to be the most popular thing I´ve ever written.

I know I´m an amazing writer and all, but it sucks to know my tribulations are valued more than my triumphs.

...and that´s why I didn´t need to see ¨13th.¨

Black folks need time and space to think in peace about what reparations should be.
Without outside influence.

I buy a lot from these Brothers, got some stuff coming in Monday actually. Great brand, great message, great twitter presence. They send out email messages every week and hold town halls.

What Do You Think Would Be Sufficient?

Should begin with 100% debt forgiveness in my opinion. Follow up with community and infrastructure rebuilding which will help drastically with unemployment. Set rate insurance for low income folks. Vacate non-violent drug offenses, end for profit prisons, end predatory lending, increase budgets for schools in the hood and low income areas in general. FOOD PROGRAMS for school children at NO COST. Overhaul the education system to reflect reality and necessity. Make race based discrimination a federal crime.

After that...... let’s talk about money, land, and housing. And I pray we bankrupt this system. They took everything from us and from ours and then stood on our backs while we tried to crawl our way back just to get to 0, and that’s putting it lightly.

Put us back at zero, hit us with a stimulus like they can do these companies with a button press, and get out of the way.

RIP sleazyy RIP sleazyy hit soo many points in one post that it made my life much easier lol. I think private institutions, along with the government both have to play a part in righting this wrong.

Firstly, Congress needs to pass H.R 40. Setting up an entire commitee to study the effects of slavery from 1619 to the present would allow us to identify all who benefited from slavery and all those who suffered from it.

Now some of yall might not like this but I think the gov't should force institutions that benefited from slavery to set up recompense plans that will last decades.

Georgetown, a university that put up slaves as collateral during financial hardship, is working on setting up a commitee to do the same.

Schools like Harvard and Clemson, that were quite literally built by slaves and for Clemson, on a slave plantation, should follow in Gtowns footsteps.

They can create their own commitee or they can be afforded one by the gov't.

Not only all schools that benefited from slavery but all financial instititions too.

www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-49476247

The U.S. Federal Government out right owns ~28% of this land. 640 million+ acres. Go ahead and give some of that back to black americans.

Last one that I'll bring up right now is white people. Some white folks love stating how their families didnt own slaves. But many white families did own slaves. They gotta get taxed big time.

And, to a lesser extent, white families that benefited from land and wealth procurement acts like the homestead act gotta pay up too.

But the biggest righter of wrongs will always be the Federal and State governments. They gotta change polices on top of paying up.

I buy a lot from these Brothers, got some stuff coming in Monday actually. Great brand, great message, great twitter presence. They send out email messages every week and hold town halls.

Should begin with 100% debt forgiveness in my opinion. Follow up with community and infrastructure rebuilding which will help drastically with unemployment. Set rate insurance for low income folks. Vacate non-violent drug offenses, end for profit prisons, end predatory lending, increase budgets for schools in the hood and low income areas in general. FOOD PROGRAMS for school children at NO COST. Overhaul the education system to reflect reality and necessity. Make race based discrimination a federal crime.

After that...... let’s talk about money, land, and housing. And I pray we bankrupt this system. They took everything from us and from ours and then stood on our backs while we tried to crawl our way back just to get to 0, and that’s putting it lightly.

Put us back at zero, hit us with a stimulus like they can do these companies with a button press, and get out of the way.
You posted a link? I don't see it.

I have a question for yall I have been thinking about in regard to reparations.

Let's say a form of reparations was enacted, who would receive them?

All black people including immigrants, or just descendants of American slaves.

Is there a threshold of blackness? A lot of white people may come out of the closet claiming their 1/16th of blackness :lol:

So much I want to say, but reparations is cool and all, but that isn't going to deal with the scourge that we know as white supremacy. We need to identify the enemy, then keeping an eye on him until he is destroyed.

RIP sleazyy RIP sleazyy hit soo many points in one post that it made my life much easier lol. I think private institutions, along with the government both have to play a part in righting this wrong.

Firstly, Congress needs to pass H.R 40. Setting up an entire commitee to study the effects of slavery from 1619 to the present would allow us to identify all who benefited from slavery and all those who suffered from it.

We know the effects of slavery and how it affected us. After this study, what happens? We determine a monetary value? If so, we’re going to have to realize that we’re not going to get what we feel is worth it. You can’t put a monetary value on a genocide that lasted centuries.

I have a question for yall I have been thinking about in regard to reparations.

Let's say a form of reparations was enacted, who would receive them?

All black people including immigrants, or just descendants of American slaves.

Is there a threshold of blackness? A lot of white people may come out of the closet claiming their 1/16th of blackness :lol:

Descendants of slaves in the US would be ideal when talking about reparations for specifically slavery and the further subjugation of Black Americans.

Y'all want this and that but y'all need to understand that white people aren't about to give up the benefits and privileges they enjoy.

Equality means competition and that threatens their way of life

Fully agree, I do not expect reparations of any kind to come in my lifetime but white supremacy is facing a challenge so deep right now that social media algorithms and news coverage have begun diverting attention away from it. I think we’re trending in the right direction but the fire has to stay lit.

I'm not an advocate of giving people a lump sum of money. Too many will blow it and go back to square one and "they" will have more talking points. Give land and put that money into edcation and other resources specifically for black people in these areas that the land is distributed. Our people need to know how to fish before throwing money at them IMO.

Back
Top Bottom