The Real Team Of The Decade.....

1615398.jpg

PennStWVBYBCOVER-c.jpg

Penn State defeated Texas in five sets for their third straight championship. No other women's volleyball team has ever won three straight NCAA Volleyball Championship.

Fans that filled the St. Pete Forum in Tampa for the NCAA Volleyball Championship match were treated to a hard fought championship game. Penn State has been ranked number one and Texas has been ranked number two all year.

Penn State had to come from behind two sets to win the 2009 NCAA Volleyball Championship. Texas jumped out to a two set lead before the Nittany Lions won the next three to take the title.

The win completed a perfect season for Penn State. The Nittany Lions won all 38 matches they played this year and they extended their win streak to 102.

The National Player of the Year, Megan Hodge led the Nittany Lions with 21 kills of Penn State's 61; including the final point to win the match for Penn State. Destinee $#@$%% led Texas with 34 kills of the Longhorns' 71 kills.

Tied at two sets going into the fifth set, Texas pulled out to be only four points away from their third NCAA Volleyball Championship and first one since 1988. Penn State did not give up and tied the set and went on to win the set, match and championship. The Nittany Lions have now won the last nine meetings with Texas.

The win not only gives Penn State their third straight NCAA Volleyball Championship title, it is also the school's fourth championship in the school's history. The Nittany Lions won the title also back in 1999.

My girl who is going to play at Iowa for volleyball was schooling me on them last night when we watched that. I was actually entertained by it haha. But yeashe was telling me about that streak and it is friggin rediculous.

I dunno about the title, but they are amazing.

And that match last night was one of the best sporting events of the last year, freaking in tents.

and oh yeah, go PSU!

No disrespect but I am sure you don't even believe they are the team of the decade. Why even FAKE like you are persuading us into believing that?

Back
Top Bottom