the reason for ur 1st pair of air jordans?

My first pair was the patent red 1's when I was in 5th grade. I just started hooping and when I saw those I had to get them.
Still one of my favorite shoes I ned another pair...

1997, Jumpman Pros. My friend sent a defective pair of shoes to Nike, Nike sent him the Jumpman Pros...he didn't like it, so he sold it to me for $80. I thought it was a decent price, and my dad said "if it's leather, then buy it". That was and still is the mentality of my dad, the only shoes worth spending money on are leather shoes.

first was the carmine 6's i believe, i was only like 9, had boys shook up in grade school...lol

Had the L.A. Gear Regulators (some people probably have no idea what those are...or even what L.A. Gear was). I dont' even think L.A. Gear is in business anymore, but they had some pumps right around when Reebok first dropped their pumps (called the Regulators). I used to pump them joints up ALL the time. Seemingly for no reason. Then one day they stopped pumping...this was when I was in 1st grade, so way back in like '91 (makes me kind of a old-head...yikes). Told mom dukes...mom dukes wasn't havin it, so we went back to the store and returned them. I dont even think you can still return used sneakers but I damn sure did it when I was a kid.

Got the Jordan VI Infrareds before I had any idea who Mike was or what the shoe was about. I remember it vividly because the reason I picked those shoes was for the holes in the tongue that allowed me to pull the shoes on easier. I liked the rubber heel tab too, but it was all about the holes in the tongue.

Then I never got another pair of Mikes again till I was in high school and bought them for myself....Got a younger brother a few years after and Mom dukes wasn't droppin that much on no kicks.

My mom bought me the white/blk-red XIIIs. I remember getting them and staring at the hologram forever. haha. I also remember always cleaning them. Especially in between the dimpled leather. I was in 4th grade I believe. I begged my mom for some jordans ever since my little cousin had the black and red XI's. Those were the first and last jordans I had until I got a job and made my own money. They are my favorite pair of jordans. They were my first pair as a kid. Now they are my sons first shoes. First wear was today...

d621676a6da31e205e9c392521ca4db9f9fcea93_r.jpg

7b51696b66a31d2853d2763ef19fbecc2dbe666a_r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom