The RETRO Gaming Thread!

maxresdefault.jpg

Is the first Xbox retro gaming? Lol. Dusted off my OG Xbox that was sitting in my moms garage. They don't make rail shooters like Panzer Dragoon anymore :pimp:
This time period was the true start of online gaming imo. No more need to run Xbox Connect through a PC to link up with other gamers :rofl:
IMG_8777.JPG

Is the first Xbox retro gaming? Lol. Dusted off my OG Xbox that was sitting in my moms garage. They don't make rail shooters like Panzer Dragoon anymore :pimp:
This time period was the true start of online gaming imo. No more need to run Xbox Connect through a PC to link up with other gamers :rofl:
IMG_8777.JPG

yes sir

JESUS that game is so underrated. My GOD. Making inventions based off pictures you take while questing. I still have my PS2 with the save file somewhere around the house. Thinking about that game reminds me of this.
Skies of Arcadia Legends.jpg

Purchased a used Dreamcast from a pal of mine back in 2002 for $100 with spindles of burned games (which I tossed out over the years) and only 2 original games - Phantasy Star Online and Skies of Arcadia. The latter is worth quite a bit presently and I will agree with you that it is an excellent game. The enemy random encounter rate on the Dreamcast version is ridiculously high (and annoying) though.

Purchased a used Dreamcast from a pal of mine back in 2002 for $100 with spindles of burned games (which I tossed out over the years) and only 2 original games - Phantasy Star Online and Skies of Arcadia. The latter is worth quite a bit presently and I will agree with you that it is an excellent game. The enemy random encounter rate on the Dreamcast version is ridiculously high (and annoying) though.
Yeah that "random" attack rate I just used it as a opportunity to level up my character. Whenever playing an RPG I want to be massively over the recommended level, to make my time easier.

^^
It was ridiculously high on the Dreamcast though, so much so that the developers halved it on the GameCube. However based on what you're saying it looks like it was still adequate to get your characters strong enough (assuming you were playing on the 'Cube). I never made it past the first Dreamcast disc but there was a segment where you had to traverse through some type of storms by steering your ship a certain way. On the Dreamcast you'd be constantly interrupted with 'random attacks' and you had to make sure you were holding the control stick in the direction you were originally pointing to prior to the combat screen else you'd actually be further away from your destination point and would have to contend with at least two more random encounters to get back to the point you originally were at. :smh:

I've read that the Earthbound/Mother games (and others) had a mechanic that determined how you stacked against the random encounter enemies and skipped the combat sequences altogether.

Back
Top Bottom