The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Ol’ school 🔥
1667064721926.jpeg

Crazy to think GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are pretty much classics now.

How the hell did we all get so old so fast?

I still remember like it was yesterday, getting in my first vehicle of Vice City and Billie Jean kicks on. Every time I see these anniversaries, I'm like "yo I was like 10 when that came out."

Yesterday was game day at church for the kiddos, and I brought the Dreamcast in to give them a history lesson with NBA 2k2, NFL 2K, and Power Stone 2. Mind you, I deal with 10-13 year olds, so they definitely have no idea Sega made consoles. These 4 girls beasted in Power Stone 2 and definitely made me hyped to get that 4 player action in 2024-25 when Capcom drops the new one. I had 2 of my fellas play some NBA 2K2 Lakers vs. Mavs, which was a hell of a match up (Nash, Dirk, Finley vs. Shaq and Kobe) and they were having a blast.

One girl asked about how to revive someone in Power Stone 2 and I showed her how the cover used double as a manual and we researched it together. Man, I miss manuals. In game tutorials don't hit the same and have no artwork.

Still remember calling my mom on my lunch break freshmen year of high school the day San Andreas came out begging for her to get it for me when she got off work (she worked in the mall right by what was at the time Software Etc.) and she said yes and me and my friends were celebrating after :lol:
She was a real one for that, my parents didn't really like how much I gamed but they hooked me up once in awhile if they knew it was a title that was a big deal to me.

Crazy to think GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are pretty much classics now.

How the hell did we all get so old so fast?
just thinking about it, where did the time went? I remember that time scouring places to play, find girls, waste time and find a job a the same time. next thing you know, you're an old guy.

My bro loves that game. It’s the only one I ever recall him turning down offers to come hoop with his friends and I so he could finish the game.
love MGS but that didn't divert me from playing ball. although between girls and videogames, I choose videogames. :rofl:

MGS was a great upgrade over the NES MG. too bad when I first played MG on the NES, I didn't have the proper mindset of beating an action strategy game yet.

as far as surveillance goes, those poster and peeping tom easter eggs were unexpected.

MGS was a great upgrade over the NES MG. too bad when I first played MG on the NES, I didn't have the proper mindset of beating an action strategy game yet.

as far as surveillance goes, those poster and peeping tom easter eggs were unexpected.
When I played Metal Gear, it felt more akin to Zelda with the overhead perspective, item collection, maps, etc. It definitely had the stealth mechanics but not to the extent as the 3D sequel.

In this remake era, you can obviously remake Metal Gear, Snakes Revenge, etc but using the lessons learned from the Metal Gear Solid series.

I never liked Splinter Cell (just too much stealth for my tastes).

When I played Metal Gear, it felt more akin to Zelda with the overhead perspective, item collection, maps, etc. It definitely had the stealth mechanics but not to the extent as the 3D sequel.

In this remake era, you can obviously remake Metal Gear, Snakes Revenge, etc but using the lessons learned from the Metal Gear Solid series.

I never liked Splinter Cell (just too much stealth for my tastes).
Splinter Cell practically launched the PS2. I remember wanting to try it but couldn't afford a PS2 since I was unemployed. by the time I got a PS2, I moved on to other ventures like FFXII and God of War.

Splinter Cell practically launched the PS2. I remember wanting to try it but couldn't afford a PS2 since I was unemployed. by the time I got a PS2, I moved on to other ventures like FFXII and God of War.
I thing the George Washington Bridge and MGS 2 demo and trailer launched the PS2.

Too bad after the Snake portion, it got really weird and Japanese Animeish.

I actually got Splintercell for Xbox due to how the graphics looked.

Just never got on that Western 3D person game kick until God of War. PS2 might low key be the greatest console ever.

I thing the George Washington Bridge and MGS 2 demo and trailer launched the PS2.

Too bad after the Snake portion, it got really weird and Japanese Animeish.

I actually got Splintercell for Xbox due to how the graphics looked.

Just never got on that Western 3D person game kick until God of War. PS2 might low key be the greatest console ever.
it was a step-up from the PS1 as 3D games are now more refined and have much more detail with the environment. what sets the PS2 was the availability of games.

Back
Top Bottom