The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Life before micro transactions and live service crap.

Miss it not taking 10+ years for the next installment of my favorite franchise to come out. Miss the days when companies like Valve still made video games. Miss the days of Madden not sucking. Miss a lot of stuff really.

Sixth and 7th console generations will always be the GOAT to me. Loved the NES/SNES era as well. Nostalgia sorta blinds you to how good some of those NES games really were though. You can beat the original Legend of Zelda in like 2 or 3 hours if you know what you're doing. Back in the day that game felt like Skyrim.

Sixth and 7th console generations will always be the GOAT to me. Loved the NES/SNES era as well. Nostalgia sorta blinds you to how good some of those NES games really were though. You can beat the original Legend of Zelda in like 2 or 3 hours if you know what you're doing. Back in the day that game felt like Skyrim.
Those older games did not hold your hand, could only beat the og legend of zelda with a walkthrough. Crazy how you would have to place a bomb on random rocks or use an item on a bush to unlock hidden areas. Not sure how nintendo expected kids to be able to find those out on their own :lol:

Those older games did not hold your hand, could only beat the og legend of zelda with a walkthrough. Crazy how you would have to place a bomb on random rocks or use an item on a bush to unlock hidden areas. Not sure how nintendo expected kids to be able to find those out on their own :lol:

My parents had no money growing up so my NES came from a garage sale. And wasn’t allowed to have a Nintendo Power subscription. But the cool kids at school would bring NP to look at them maps/cheat codes.

This game blew my mind when it came out. Still one of my all time top favorites/memories.

4FC761E5-3B39-4681-919E-367848C0D983.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom