The Roots: Best Hip-Hop Group Of All-Time?

I'm just chilling at the crib listening to a lot of The Roots and it just hit me how long these dudes have been around but I never hear anyone mention themas the best group of all-time. All of there albums are bangers and their "worst" album is probably "Phrenology" or "The TippingPoint" but they are still 4/5 albums IMO. Everyone always mentions NWA, Outkast, Wu-Tang, Tribe etc. as the best group off all-time but where do you rankthe Roots compared to those groups? Personally Wu-Tang is my favorite but I couldn't argue with anyone who goes with The Roots. (Game Theory Is The RootsBests Album BTW)

under rated but that title would go to the WU!
Exactly.
1. Wu
2. Roots
3. Tribe
4. De La
5. Kast
(Game Theory Is The Roots Bests Album BTW)

Illadelph
Do You Want More
Game Theory
Things Fall Apart
Phrenology
Tipping Point
Organix doesn't count for some reason in my mind.

Black Thought is my favorite MC.The best rap group of all time is RUN DMC. They are the Beatles of hip-hop.Then I like Outkast then the roots. In that order

underated to the max... they're whole catalogue is just solid!

I wanna agree with the best but Wu, Kast, & Tribe are just so
pimp.gif

Outkast.

But, The Roots are for w/e reason, underrated by ppl.

it all depends on what type of music you prefer to listen to...I like mello so I would say

1. ATCQ

2. The Roots

3. De La Soul

4. Outkast

5. Wu Tang

Well all the names have been mentioned Roots dont have it only(probably) becuz they're impact wasn't that big but they make great music. I dont seemany groups in the future surpassing Wu.

smokin.gif

You can`t put The Roots in front of Tribe , no way no how .

The Roots is one MC and a band , they are in their own category of greatness .

For theee longest time I always had it like this 1. Wu-Tang 2. Outkast 3. The Roots.

But now its looking more like 1. Kast 2. Wu 3. Roots only because I feel like the Wu fell off. I still rock with 36 Chambers on a consistent basis and lots oftheir solo projects, but theyre not really relevent to me anymore (currently speaking) Outkast is way more consistent imo. To me, The Roots will always behindthose two.

The best hip-hop group of all time is either Wu or Kast, depending on your mood at the time. Mainly because of their impact of music, and the differentdimensions that these groups have brought to the game.

Game Theory Is The Roots Bests Album
Nah, that would be.....................

3568268.jpg

Definitely most underrated, I personally love Outkast more than The Roots. I cannot fathom how under appreciated this group is, they're without a doubt thebest live performing group in the game, one of the most consistent, and of course they always release quality albums. I made a post a while back, stating thatThe Roots were a better group than Wu- Tang, I was flamed into oblivion...In a sense rightfully so, I understand that the Wu pretty much pioneered hip-hop inthe 90's, and was a catalyst for hip-hop's ultimate sway from one style to another...However, I do no think I was wrong in my methodology as far as theRoots being able to touch them in a few categories.

...And their best album would be: Do You Want More?!?!!??, or Illadelphia Halflife

can somebody put me up on the roots. i have all their albums and have a hard time getting into them

what album should i listen to first.

Yea but no on a consistent basis ^ No one remembers the Roots for Malik B , Dice Raw , or even Rahzel for that matter .

Back
Top Bottom