The Roots: Best Hip-Hop Group Of All-Time?

1st. WU WU WU "You neva goin to find ten ill brothers into the next millenium" rae
smokin.gif

2nd. ATCQ (yall on point)
3a. De La Soul
3b. Fugees
4th. Roots
5th. Outkast
6th. Hiero
7th. N.W.A

can somebody put me up on the roots. i have all their albums and have a hard time getting into them

what album should i listen to first.
I would tell you to start with illadelph then check Things Fall, Game Theory, Do you want more.

fugees cannot be the greatest hip hop group of all time... impossible

my vote is and always be Outkast

2nd. Wu-Tang

yes they are IMO.

most talented definitely

Best live show in hip hop - most definitely without a doubt absolutely 100%

Dude said the fugees and de la soul were better than kast
laugh.gif
. I respect an opinion and all but that's just ridiculous. Longevity aloneshould automatically put them ahead of the list.

allday

It isnt arguable that someone thinks the roots is the greatest group of all time. THey took it where NO other group took it. A hip hop band, they are one ofthe if not THE most innovative groups to ever step foot in the hip hop world. And on top of that, They have consistantly put out GREAT music. A solidcollection and innovative sounds...That is the epitome of the roots.

Somewhere in the top 4-5 is fine for me when it comes to the Roots.

I respect an opinion and all but that's just ridiculous. Longevity alone should automatically put them ahead of the list.
The group that released their debut in 1994 has longevity over the group that came out in 1989?

The Roots legacy isn't based off their tenure in the game...It's based off the quality of every album they drop, the fact that they're thebest live performing band in hip-hop - and one of the top 20 performing acts world wide, Black Thought's lyrical prowess as an emcee, and overall theBand's consistency over the years.

...How hip-hop fail to appreciate this group is seriously beyond me, I can say that The Roots is top 3 in the game without hesitation, and one ofmusic's most underrated acts of our generation.

mad.gif
@ the thread starter ... you have TRIBE CALLED QUEST ... OUTKAST .. WU.. all before you have the roots .. they are a great rap band .. lol . but not the greatest group of all time by FARRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think some people misunderstood the intention of the post. I'm basically asking why aren't they mentioned among the greatest groups of all-time bythe general public?

Back
Top Bottom