THE SOPRANOS APPRECIATION *spoilers*

sopranos.jpg

BEST TV show of ALL time...(Dexter is a close second to me)

Tony>>
Meadow>>
AJ<<
Phil Leotardo getting whacked>>>>
Tony curb stomping the guy for talking bad to Meadow was sick, especially when he had the tooth in his pants cuff(??) at the marriage counselors office...

The way tony killed Christopher kinda pissed me off though..

Also didn't like it when Silvio killed Adriana...

So many memorable moments...

What ever happened to Furio? Or the Russian that Paulie and Silv chased in the woods and shot in the head, but got away?

DISCUSSION: What do YOU think happened to Tony at the end?

Bobby said "You probably won't even see/hear it coming."

So i think he got whacked right when the screen went black

http://www.youtube.com/v/rnT7nYbCSvM&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/rnT7nYbCSvM&hl=en_US&fs=1&

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I still prefer The Wire over The Sopranos(for those that disagree dont get your panties in a bunch) but this was a great show. HBO does it time and again.

I obviously prefer the Wire...but I wouldn't post that in a Sopranos thread unless it was comparing the two...

it's just not done.

also, the Sopranos has been off the air for years now...no need for spoiler alert...that's like putting a spoiler alert for a Shakespeare play.

Originally Posted by infamousod

I obviously prefer the Wire...but I wouldn't post that in a Sopranos thread unless it was comparing the two...

it's just not done.

also, the Sopranos has been off the air for years now...no need for spoiler alert...that's like putting a spoiler alert for a Shakespeare play.
yea, but alot of ppl just starting to watch old shows again online since they can do so now for free on the internet.. didnt want someone who just started the sopranos to come in here and ruin the whole thing for them

I love the show. No comparisons, it's an excellent program

edit*

[+] Spoiler Alert

BTW Tony Definately got KILLED. The members only jacket the shooter was wearing cooresponds to another episode called "members only" where not only Teddy Spirodakis was shot by Eugene in a restaurant in Boston and was taken COMPLETELY BY SURPRISE by the audience and definitely Teddy haha but also in this episode Tony [+] was shot himself by Junior. If you recall the shady and suspect gentleman who's thought to have shot Tony was wearing a members only jacket. Anyways i don't think signs get any bigger than that and are that coincidental.

membersonly.jpg

Anyways while some don't like the shows ending (I didnt like it initially) I really enjoyed how everything is kind of unanswered and up in the air including one of the most interesting, Sal's life... Its how life is I imagine when it ends... hopefully my afterlife isn't just black/silence though... Great show and definitely appreciated

Originally Posted by kicks4kaskets

Good show. I just wish it ended better.

Furio just left, probably went back to Italy.

They told you so, Tony elaborated he had people in Italy "looking" for Furio.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I love the show. No comparisons, it's an excellent program

edit*

[+] Spoiler Alert

BTW Tony Definately got KILLED. The members only jacket the shooter was wearing cooresponds to another episode called "members only" where not only Teddy Spirodakis was shot by Eugene in a restaurant in Boston and was taken COMPLETELY BY SURPRISE by the audience and definitely Teddy haha but also in this episode Tony [+] was shot himself by Junior. If you recall the shady and suspect gentleman who's thought to have shot Tony was wearing a members only jacket. Anyways i don't think signs get any bigger than that and are that coincidental.

membersonly.jpg

Anyways while some don't like the shows ending (I didnt like it initially) I really enjoyed how everything is kind of unanswered and up in the air including one of the most interesting, Sal's life... Its how life is I imagine when it ends... hopefully my afterlife isn't just black/silence though... Great show and definitely appreciated
this is the kinda %#!$ i wana read in this thread..

not oh i liked the wire better/im gay etc etc...

Spoiler [+]
no @@$+

The best TV series as far as I'm concerned.
There's so many memorable scenes for me, it would be hard to even begin mentioning my favorites

David Chase
pimp.gif

I was just watching re-runs on Verizon On Demand today...

This show is piff.

Goes way beyond the stereotypical mobster lifestyle and dwells deeper into depression, morality, dreams, etc.

Great show...

yep this show is the GOAT for me. its the first show that i HAD to invest in every week like a movie. took TV writing to a new level. It's influence is everywhere including MAD MEN which is prob my fav show on TV right now (created and written by Matt Weiner, veteran Sopranos writer) and the new HBO show BOARDWALK EMPIRE that is my most anticipated show (also created by Terence Winter, a veteran Sopranos writer)

the best part about the ending is that it's totally up to the viewers' imagination. it means that the ending could be whatever you want it to be, and the show itself could be a metaphor for whatever you might think and mean whatever you want it to mean

you can't say he died. the journey song "any way you want it" was shown. The ending is whatever you want it to be. But yea i was leaning towards him dying. I would have liked to see meadow shot and tony live

As time passes I like the ending less and less. But i can understand why he went that route. still.... feel cheated

Love The Sopranos
pimp.gif

My 2nd fav show ever behind 24. Im done tryna figureout the ending, its still a great show regardless.

Every show has that one person you want to smack upside the head. In this show it was AJ.

AJ FTL
smh.gif

The way I see the ending is that The Sopranos represented life in general. So with the black out in the end, Tony (or you, however you interpret it) is whacked. Some people make it out to be just some black out screen that represents nothing but David Chase worked on that ending for a couple of years so you know its deeper .......

I think the scene has more to do with the meaning than the ending does...look at the imagery, boy scouts, 2 teenagers on a date, waitress helping a family...the music starts as carmella walks in....The song is reminiscent of the midwest (american dream type stuff)., wholesome type Americana. The whole scene plays into Tony's paranoia, which is valid, but he has to watch everyone because he trusts no one, because he cant trust anyone..... Meadow not being able to "fit in" the parking spot, the entire series her character changes her mind about everything. Guys, careers, ideals, thoughts and feelings about her father and what he stands for...all in an attempt to fit in....

all he wants is for his family to be normal (extenuating circumstances aside)

also, look at the songs he focuses on..."who will you run to", "dont stop believing", "anyway you want it", "I've got to be me", "A lonely place" all these titles tie into the shows constant themes.

But this is just my opinion and artistic expression or the reading into of it is all up to the reader/viewer

appreciated. I also think tony died. The original plan was to have the screen go blank for 2 minutes straight but HBO said no. I hated Janice just as much as AJ

Pine Barrens
pimp.gif
(GOAT)

episode when Chris was in the hospital and Paulie visited the Physic
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

When Tony showed Chris who killed his Dad
pimp.gif

Feech La Mana
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Phil Leotardo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can go on for days about this show
I think i've seen every episode at least 3-4 times I kid you not

I watch it when its on A&E, watch it on hbo on demand when nothing else is on

I can go on for days about this show

My favorite show of all time with the OG Twilight Zone right behind it
pimp.gif

^ always nice to see a twighlight zone fan.

AirJapan707 wrote:

appreciated. I also think tony died. The original plan was to have the screen go blank for 2 minutes straight but HBO said no. I hated Janice just as much as AJ

i hated janice with a passion. Wasn't a fan of carmella either. But i know the characters were written for us to dislike. Plus the actresses were amazing in those roles. But there wasn't much about AJ I liked at all. Like even the dialogue written for him and his sub-plots were just never my cup of tea. They could have handled his heriditary depression in a better way imo.

Back
Top Bottom