THE SOPRANOS APPRECIATION *spoilers*

It's a show I'm pretty sure I would have liked - but at the time I didn't start watching it and then I was so far behind that I didn't want to start watching.

I need to get a box set for a decent price and start from the beginning.

I remember when they had an intervention for Chris and he got his *** kicked by everyone.
roll.gif

First two or three seasons were amazing.  Once they went into big %!%%+ talking to a fish or whatever mode the whole thing went to hell.

GREATEST SHOW EVER!

I watch the DVDS over and over. They are a must on business trips, flights wateva.

I was just watching season 6 on Demand (and those later eps the quality was on the decline and it was still top shelf TV)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PremeOne

I remember when they had an intervention for Chris and he got his *** kicked by everyone.
roll.gif

Silvio: DISGUSTING.
laugh.gif

Crazy how the addiction killed Christopher. Dude couldn't lay off the stuff
smh.gif

The Sopranos is the single greatest piece of television in the history of time

That is all.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by tim teufel

is the wire really that good?

It's really not, a group of nters think it's the greatest show ever though
laugh.gif

so niketalk finally hypes up something that actually deserves it, and that makes it bad? Many reputable sources have been putting the wire in the discussion for best show for YEARS, that's the only reason it wasn't canceled due to low ratings. 

if you think shows like entourage are the greatest thing since sliced bread then you'll hate the wire.

they cracked Chrissie's skull in that intervention.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Wire is an excellent show one of the best shows Ive seen.
Its not on par with the Sopranos IMO but its High on the list. I own those DVDS. they come on the road with me too
pimp.gif

btw

Paulie Gaultieri is the greatest !
laugh.gif
when he killed Mikey and got Poison Ivey and started firin more shots
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the greatest "
eek.gif
" moment of the show was when Tony squeezed Chris's Nostrils after the car accident
smh.gif
eek.gif
wow

Originally Posted by tim teufel

laugh.gif

Right. It's only NTers that think The Wire is a quality show. Not the press, both foreign and domestic, dozens of critics, bloggers, etc.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

tim teufel wrote:

laugh.gif

Right. It's only NTers that think The Wire is a quality show. Not the press, both foreign and domestic, dozens of critics, bloggers, etc.

Relax, are you having a heavy flow day this cycle again?

One of the best shows ever. But I heard the ending was rushed. They wanted to go a couple of more seasons and everyone signed on except Gandolfini. I wanna think Tony is alive, but I think he died.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

tim teufel wrote:

laugh.gif

Relax, are you having a heavy flow day this cycle again?

little-steven-200x225.jpg

yo i never watched an episode of this in my life but since im trying to ween myself off from the wire i wanna give it a shot. Whats the best season? can anybody rank the seasons in order?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

yo i never watched an episode of this in my life but since im trying to ween myself off from the wire i wanna give it a shot. Whats the best season? can anybody rank the seasons in order?
nerd.gif

hard to say for me how to rank the seasons. i got the entire box set for christmas back in 08. spent all of january 09 to watch it so there were days where i didnt watch it, and days where i'd watch 6 to 8 episodes in a row so it was all a blur to me. i watched the wire last month in 7 days, so pretty much each season of the wire i watched in a day and i was able to rank the wire because it was all so fresh in my memory. tell you what, since ive been unemployed since july, i'm gonna rewatch sopranos just so i can rank the seasons lol. if you're a wire fan, be prepared to watch some heavy stuff...there's alot of psychological issues that can seem boring at the time, but it ties into the overall characterization of tony soprano...the sociopath.

why the hell would u pick a season to watch? watch the entire series from the 1st season to the last

Season 1 & 2 are probably the pinnacle of televison writing.

basically seasons 1-4 are tremendous.

Ralphie's character was both brilliant and dispicable

I rate the wire over the sopranos but no way is the sopranos slower or more boring than the wire. Sopranos was always more exciting with their psychological stuff and mob violence. until that stupid gay season which was maaaad boring.

season 1-3 is pretty much perfect television
seaoson 4 is pretty good but theres a good amount of stuff I just wasn't a fan of
season 5 was whack and boring. I'm a huge fan of steve buscemi but teh whole season felt off.
season 6 has some incredible episodes and some bad episodes but I like season 6 better than 4 and 5. Plus the ending kind of bothers me

No reason to watch them out of order, you won't understand it

even the bad parts of sopranos are better than 90% of television ever made so just watch it

Back
Top Bottom