4 - Valkyrie $21,531,000

5 - Yes Man $16,450,000

6 - Seven Pounds $13,4000,000

7 - The Tale Of Despereaux $9,368,000

8 - The Day The Earth
Stood Still $7,900,000

9 - The Spirit $6,510,000

10 - Doubt $5,675,000

The movie Doubt was in 1,267 theaters,while The Spirit was in 2,509...

Flop

Too much marketing. Seriously. I feel like I saw ads for this running on two years, and the blitz over the last six months has been unbearable. It's likeTV shows that get promo'd to death, to the point where people won't watch it out of spite. The more promos for a movie or TV show, the worse it is.

It doesn't look that intresting.
grin.gif

It is the producers fault for releasing it on a bad weekend.

1. Marley & Me - Chick flick, Christmas time = $$$
2. Bedtime Stories - Kid/Family film + Christmas time = $$$
3. Benjamin Button - Brad Pitt, good story, Oscar type film
4. Valkyrie - Tom Cruise, Action, History.
5. Yes Man - Jim Carrey, Comedy, Week 2
6. Seven Pounds - Will Smith, Oscar Type film
7. Tale of Despereux - Animated film (see Bedtime Stories)
8. The Day the Earth Stood Still - Dwindling Blockbuster in it's third week.
9. The Spirit -
eyes.gif

I got to say, I had little interest in the film, but the studio didn't position the film to do good at the box office. A film like The Spirit with noSuperstar to carry the film will not do good at the box office this time of the year.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Too much marketing. Seriously. I feel like I saw ads for this running on two years, and the blitz over the last six months has been unbearable. It's like TV shows that get promo'd to death, to the point where people won't watch it out of spite. The more promos for a movie or TV show, the worse it is.

O'RLY........?

2008-the-dark-knight-batman-movie-poster-8.jpg

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Too much marketing. Seriously. I feel like I saw ads for this running on two years, and the blitz over the last six months has been unbearable. It's like TV shows that get promo'd to death, to the point where people won't watch it out of spite. The more promos for a movie or TV show, the worse it is.

O'RLY........?

2008-the-dark-knight-batman-movie-poster-8.jpg

dude was wrong for saying that.. it isnt true
but these movies arent comparable..you couldnt pick something else?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by infamousod

I hated 300 and Sin City so I figured this would be just as bad.

I'm the opposite, I loved those two movies. This one just didn't seem that interesting to me

as soon as i heard sam l jackson say im the octopus i have 8 of everything i was donz0. i do my research on these graphic novel movies and they seem to havegone way off base with that character. i think people are just over the whole dark with exagerated tones of red thing. i think dudes who produced these felloff after 300 this should have been the second sin city not an attempt to start another money maker

eek.gif

i cant believe how bad this movie was. i got so pissed off that it must've #+%+*# up my immune system cuz ive been bed ridden ever since.

i wanted to leave after the first five mins.

i would've if i wouldnt have spent 30 dollars on it. (cinema cafe)

mad.gif

waste of money, the genius and creativity of sin city just came off as cheesy with this movie

I haven't seen it, but it doesn't look like it did the comic any justice visually. The series doesn't have as much in common with Sin City and thelike as they made it out to be... I don't really want to see it based off of those two things alone.

The Spirit sucked...don't waste your time or money on this. Could have been a lot better, but yeah a complete waste.

Back
Top Bottom