The Tesla Motors Appreciation Thread

First and foremost, Elon Musk is that dude. Modern day Nikola Tesla/Rockefeller mix and a real life Tony Starks.

Tesla, specifically with the Model S, has been doing some serious work in the last year or so. This is the car that will change the game forever. It was the first car that was built from the ground up with being all electric in mind. The roadster was built on a lotus platform and converted to electric. 

http://www.teslamotors.com/

The main draw point for this is the cost to drive. Simply put, at about $.10 per kWh, it will cost about $9.00 to "fill" your tank. It has about the same range as a standard civic or corolla (90kWh battery)

As for performance, this thing is a BEAST. 100% torque INSTANTLY straight off the line. Top speed of ~125mph. 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Not bad for a car that has 0 tail emissions and is extremely cheap to charge. 

Like I said about the instant torque, peep the acceleration:

Elon Musk = real life Tony Stark. :pimp:

The model S is looking nice too. I'll wait for a cheaper model that has a longer range and we'll be in business.

Telsa S got motortrend car of da year.....

Lets see how long da company last though....

modern day nikola tesla huh... no
I said that because they both dabbled in a variety of fields. But that's beside the point"Musk then considered three areas he wanted to get into that were "important problems that would most affect the future of humanity", as he said later, "One was the Internet, one was clean energy, and one was space".Internet - PaypalClean Energy - Tesla MotorsSpace - SpaceXAll done before the age of 40.

Telsa S got motortrend car of da year.....
Lets see how long da company last though....
That's one of the things they've been discussing, whether the company can remain profitable. They got bailed out by Daimler a few years ago, which is the main reason why they exist today. But Musk said they got hundreds of millions in reserves, so we will see. 

Musk's intent with this was to bring EV mainstream. They have always had a bad rap in the general consumers eyes. So he decided to implement this technology at the "super/sub-super" car level if you will. And let the people see the performance side of it and let it trickle down to your common cars. And by then, the technology will be available to make the cars more affordable

The Roadstar is something I could get down with
The Roadster is mean, it's basically exactly the same as a Lotus but costing much less to drive. Plus you get power INSTANTLY. No need to reach RPMs or for Turbos to spool up. 

Were profitable!!! Im not into small sports cars but my boy gets to take the roadster out  on the weekends sometimes and it handles nice. I feel hella saucy gettin out of that when we pull up somewhere.

I went to the DC store, they were cool as hell took me through all the features of the car and we even talked about Top Gear UK (unrelated but dudes were just down to earth). Real talk i walked outta there a fan. Whenever I got the bread to buy a Bimmer or equivalent I'm coppin a Tesla.

i seen one parked on my block a couple weeks back. the **** had a ipad sized head unit in it. crazy. probably bigger than an ipad

I respect what the path their on, BUT it was super disappointing to see what you get for the $47k price tag that they advertised for years leading up to the release of the Model S. :smh:

The base model is essentially a Kia... to get all the features that they highlighted as a selling point - e.g. those that make this car a worthwhile option - you have to kick out high-end luxury money.

I saw one of these the other day too, nice looking car.
I'd rather have the M5 though

These things are everywhere in my area. I see one everyday. The model S is impressive although I'm not sure if they fixed the battery issue. The amount of torque it has is crazy for being electric. Although I would much rather have one of these...if I had $800,000 lying around lol

View media item 345335
Koenigsegg CCX by Yanky4585, on Flickr

Last edited:
Tesla's seem to be popping up all over affluent neighborhoods in Oakland/Berkeley the last couple of months. 

Last edited:
The thing is that the EV chargers are just not in the right amount of places. Their needs to be the quick charger at atleast every Gas station and what will I do if I visit someone at a Apartment. There needs to be more places to charge before its viable

The thing is that the EV chargers are just not in the right amount of places. Their needs to be the quick charger at atleast every Gas station and what will I do if I visit someone at a Apartment. There needs to be more places to charge before its viable
I remember reading somewhere that there should be 200-300 quick charging stations by the end of the year. But still, the charging is going to be it's main problem. Even on a quick charge, it takes 30 min. Filling up your tank of gas takes 5 minutes at most. Huge difference. Technology is a long way away but it's a hell of a start to the future. 

Back
Top Bottom