The Thread About Nothing. SNEAKER EDITION

[SUP]
Puma-Future-Rider-console-Famicom-8-bits-8-600x435.jpg
[/SUP]

*Mini Rant no one asked for*
I probably shouldn’t care as much but this new wave of “sneaker hype” or whatever goofy name to throw out there really sucks to see. EVERYBODY now is so called really into sneakers, everybody is a reseller, everybodys shoe of choice now is the Jordan 1 or whatever latest dunk, everybody buys to flip, everything sells out, and only hyped sneakers is what everyone cares about. It sucks. No true knowledge, no real love for it, not even a personal opinion on the shoes really. Cats just buying what’s popular, expensive, or hot at the time. It’s like everyone is a clone wearing the same stuff. I realize it’s a tired conversation a lot of us have seen and discussed over the years but man do I hate how mainstream this thing has become.

*Mini Rant no one asked for*
I probably shouldn’t care as much but this new wave of “sneaker hype” or whatever goofy name to throw out there really sucks to see. EVERYBODY now is so called really into sneakers, everybody is a reseller, everybodys shoe of choice now is the Jordan 1 or whatever latest dunk, everybody buys to flip, everything sells out, and only hyped sneakers is what everyone cares about. It sucks. No true knowledge, no real love for it, not even a personal opinion on the shoes really. Cats just buying what’s popular, expensive, or hot at the time. It’s like everyone is a clone wearing the same stuff. I realize it’s a tired conversation a lot of us have seen and discussed over the years but man do I hate how mainstream this thing has become.
Lots of people are still buying GR stuff they appreciate, and Nike and whatever brands are still banking on that. You just notice hypebeasts a lot more than back in the (your?) days cause their impact changed the main headlines on sneaker websites and social medias.

Lots of people are still buying GR stuff they appreciate, and Nike and whatever brands are still banking on that. You just notice hypebeasts a lot more than back in the (your?) days cause their impact changed the main headlines on sneaker websites and social medias.
Of course the brands still bank on the GR stuff and it drives majority of their sales. That will never change. I’m speaking on the more people who know absolutely nothing about shoes just hopping in now because they see it can be a hustle. The ones who only like the latest and hottest sneakers only. Etc. Sure they’ve existed for a long time now. But that group has definitely multiplied x10000000.

Of course the brands still bank on the GR stuff and it drives majority of their sales. That will never change. I’m speaking on the more people who know absolutely nothing about shoes just hopping in now because they see it can be a hustle. The ones who only like the latest and hottest sneakers only. Etc. Sure they’ve existed for a long time now. But that group has definitely multiplied x10000000.
Yay. x100000000000000000000000.

Fellas, was there a pair of shoes you had multiple pairs of over the years ?

These are the only pairs I remember buying more than one over the years :

Nike Jordan chrome 8s

Nike Jordan concord 11'

Nike Foamposite stealth

Back
Top Bottom