the thread about nothing...

Another thing, why must I say "hello" or "good morning" when I text someone?

I just jump right into the convo and say what I need to...To be interrupted with a text to say, "well good morning to you, too."  

Like is this text etiquette or something that society thinks to be a gesture? 

*shrugs* 

Congrats
Got the call that I got the job on Capitol Hill (DC)

$20k raise
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
Congrats 

McDonald's considers "McBrunch

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...urce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=206567
Troubled McDonald's may be trying to concoct a new meal segment: McBrunch.

McDonald's has filed a federal trademark registration for the term "McBrunch," confirms company spokeswoman Lisa McComb. The filing, which took place in July, was first reported by the fast-food industry blog BurgerBusiness.

Is a new McBrunch program being seriously considered? "That sort of speculation is highly premature," says an e-mail from McComb.

"We routinely file intent to use trademark applications as a regular course of business," says McComb. "We can't share details at this time as to how the trademarks may or may not be used."

In fact, McDonald's previously applied for the McBrunch trademark back in 2001, but abandoned the application, says Scott Hume, editor of BurgerBusiness.

McDonald's is not currently testing any sort of McBrunch concept, says McComb.

But will it?

Hume certainly thinks so. "There's no reason to file for it if you don't plan to use it," he says. "Their declining sales show they have to do something."

For McDonald's, just about any action may be better than no action. On Tuesday, the fast-food giant reported its worst global monthly same-store sales in a decade — down 3.7% for the month of August. Even CEO Don Thompson has said that the company needs to create new offerings that bring more excitement to the market.

USATODAY

McDonald's suffers another dip in same-store sales

In the fast-food business, among the most common — and least expensive — ways to grow sales is to create new so-called "day parts" to lure customers during times of the day that they don't usually stop by. That's why some chains have been pushing late-afternoon smoothies and late-night snacks.

Any McBrunch program at McDonald's — at least in the U.S. — likely would be limited to weekends and holidays, says Hume. It likely would extend the breakfast hour to noon or even 1 p.m., and include items not currently on the breakfast menu, says Hume.

"If you extend it, you'd want to have something that customers could only get at that time," says Hume. He makes several suggestions, including:

• Massive McMuffin. Two sausage patties, bacon, egg, cheese and ketchup on a toasted English muffin — now sold in New Zealand.

• McMuffin Fresh Chicken. Crispy breaded chicken, spicy cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mild sauce on toasted muffin — now sold in Germany.

• McMorning.  Pork patties, potato fritters, bacon, melted cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce and special sauce — now sold in Croatia.

Burger King tested a brunch program — no longer in existence — about four years ago, notes Hume. The program, tested in Florida and Massachusetts, included a ciabatta breakfast sandwich.

But even a successful McBrunch program, alone, would not be enough to turn McDonald's around, says Hume. "McDonald's needs several good ideas — not just one."

Last edited:
just got 4 job offers from 4 major companies...just because I spoke Chinese :wow: :pimp:
smartest career decision of my life...all the years of crying over homework, failed tests, and office hours is finally paying off

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted but, 
sick.gif

Link
[h1]In Japan, Burger King Has a Black Cheese Burger[/h1]
18imov88vpqtepng.png

[h4]Brian Ashcraft[/h4]Profile

Brian Ashcraft
Filed to: SNACKTAKU
Today 7:20am

nnti2hjryn5rn7aejinj.png

The black buns? We've seen those before. But why, Burger King, why black cheese? Why?

NariNari reports that Burger King Japan is rolling out another "Kuro Burger" ("Black Burger"), with buns made from bamboo charcoal, an onion and garlic sauce made with squid ink, beef patties made with black pepper, and black cheese, which is also apparently made with bamboo charcoal.

asep1x4xtenjlpicxbnb.png

I don't think I've ever seen black cheese in my entire life. This could be a first for me.

vumi9v2adfhepdcndzhn.jpg
EXPAND

[Burger King Japan/Facebook]

There are two types of burgers: the Kuro (Black) Pearl and the Kuro (Black) Diamond with all the fixings. The burgers go on sale later this month in Japan for a limited time only. 

Back
Top Bottom