the thread about nothing...

I think I just find my future cut.
Hipster-Mullet.jpg

Always respectful.

Offering thoughts and prayers to someone is about as hollow a gesture as one can muster.

I much rather people ask how they can help if at all than give way to the part of the brain, that in almost a knee jerk reaction, forces them to say or write “you’re in my thoughts and prayers.”

It’s dumb and it should be called out because it needs to stop. It lends itself to complacent “that’s just the nature of things” type of behavior.
1) it's your opinion that it lends itself to complacency as you don't believe in prayer. But that is your opinion and does not speak to the faith of others. In fact, being mindful of others and hoping good to come to people other than yourself is indeed a process more people should spend the time doing.

2) I did not see anything in your post offering help though that is understandable given we're on an internet message board. I would hope you learn to display the same understanding when folks offer up prayers.

Always respectful.

Offering thoughts and prayers to someone is about as hollow a gesture as one can muster.

I much rather people ask how they can help if at all than give way to the part of the brain, that in almost a knee jerk reaction, forces them to say or write “you’re in my thoughts and prayers.”

It’s dumb and it should be called out because it needs to stop. It lends itself to complacent “that’s just the nature of things” type of behavior.
If you're being respectful, wouldn't you just let things go and not offer your opinion at that moment?

I get what you're saying about people saying "thoughts and prayers" without action. But I think sharing your views on that gesture should be handled in a different conversation. Not at the same time you're offering support to someone in need.

Eventually the nba will lose viewers.
When fundamentals violations can’t be called or challenged.

what’s the purpose of officiating a professional game, these refs aint doing their job.
What I don't get is when refs blow huge calls during games, how are they not fired afterwards?

NYC streets are slushy af right now. Got pummeled with hail before :lol: .
I'm in the Chicagoland area. This is easily the most mixed winter I've ever had. I usually hate driving in snow but snow gall definitely bests this rain/sleet/ice mix that we've been getting for about a week. It's so damn dangerous.

I’m an atheist so I don’t do prayers or thoughts cuz that **** is type stupid.

But, I do hope she beats this bro. Long road ahead and I commend you for stepping up and doing everything she needs of you in this time bro.

Stay strong.
I'm an atheist too, but I'd never take someone's well wishes, **** on them, and make it about me. Don't be the atheist that is easy to hate.

With NT going down yesterday, and no idea what to do (jk), I ****** around and got a gym membership. Here goes nothing.

If anybody’s got a powerlifting program they’d recommend, holler at your boy. No intentions of competing, just wanna try something different.

Reactions: Ube
Back
Top Bottom