the thread about nothing...

UnsungAdeptFalcon-size_restricted.gif
I really thought Draymond would start dancing with them

:smokin That's what's up man. I went thru the same thing back in the day and kept it off for about 7 years. Then life went kind out of wack. Been slowly working on getting back down
Appreciate it brother! That's dope!

For sure, it ain't easy but it's all a journey. We in it together! :nthat:

Always feel free to hit me up for any support/motivation, stay up.

I feel like this decision should be based on person life. $30k raise is hefty. Are you in need of the money? How much does the money motivate you? Will that money make up for the lack of time in your personal life?

I personally have found that once you make enough to pay the bills and live comfortably the increase in pay needs to be substantial to offset my personal life. I love to work out, play soccer, my dog, my girl, hopefully future kids. I would not sacrifice my personal time in my life unless i was greatly compensated.

But sounds like you are cool with where you are at and are respected there which is very important. If you have advancement opportunities in your current position i might stay. But if i could balance the job with personal life it would be hard to turn down that pay increase
-Not in need of the money, but wouldn't mind being able to sock more money away for the future/make home ownership easier
-Money motivates me slightly, but I'd rather be given a reasonable workload with a reasonable salary than given an insane workload with an insane salary
-Hard to say how much the job will really interfere with my personal life. I might have to get called in to work once or twice throughout the year, whereas the rest would be quick phone calls while I was home. That's the experience I've seen from others in upper management at the aforementioned job, at least.
-The job might actually allow more time for me to pursue the things that would foster self-improvement. I work long shifts at my current spot, so I basically can't work out 3 days out of the week. I'd be working right next to the gym I go to and I'd be working 8 hour shifts, so going to the gym right after work every day is very feasible.
-I'm respected enough at my current position, but I'm more respected at my old job (respected enough to get scouted for a big promotion without asking, at least :lol:). I'm just not sure if that's the direction I want my career to head in. I love the clinical/hands-on stuff, but the environment has a lot of needless politics, cliques, and "favorites" which isn't really compatible with the way I approach work. I try to do my job, keep my head down, be friendly without revealing too much about myself, and go home. It seems like everyone there has everyone else's number and there are lots of group chats/social media activity that I purposely avoid. I've given my number to 3 people there and tell everyone I don't have any social media accounts (a lie). They think it's weird, but I think it's weird to allow coworkers into your life like that if you're not actually close.

At this point I'm 80% on the side of saying no to the offer, leaving my current spot, and moving to Brooklyn to live closer to all of my friends.
Questions:
- Are you willing to give up your relatively lax schedule now for more hours? This is a big sacrifice. I see you posting cooking recipes / beer pick-ups on NT. With you likely being on call at the new gig, are you okay with less personal time?
- How old are you? Do you feel you're early in your career? What are the advancement opportunities at both gigs?
- You'd basically be groomed from Assistant Director --> Director at the new gig. Are you okay with what this entails?
- $30k increase is a 35% bump. That's pretty big -- if the trial per diem shift goes well and you're comfortable, can you push them up to $40-50k more?
-I don't know if "lax" is the right word to describe my current schedule. I work a lot of weekends, a lot of holidays, and get scrutinized if I want to take a sick day. I love to cook, but I wouldn't be sad if I could only reserve cooking projects for weekends. Beer pickups would become less of an issue with the new job. Other Half/other popular breweries around NY tend to reserve their release days for the weekends. I've been cutting back on the beer as of late though.
-31. Definitely early in my career, not looking to pigeon-hole myself. I really don't want any "advancement opportunities" at my current job. I'd only use my experience to apply to CRNA/NP school. Management/supervision at my current job seems way too stressful and the Chief Nursing Officer is apparently a horrible person. This is the one saving grace of being another nameless face at my current hospital. The other job would have advancement opportunities into the corporate side of the company where I would be overseeing/checking in with directors of other facilities.
-Yes and no. I feel I could handle it, but question how quickly I'd get burnt out by it. It's exhausting being responsible for the mistakes of others.
-Hard to say, but from past experience with negotiations there I've learned you can milk more out of them by playing hardball. I'm most likely gonna reject the first offer regardless just to see if they'll push it further. The fact that they reached out to me unsolicited already tells me I have leverage, and I plan on using that leverage to my benefit.

Back
Top Bottom