the thread about nothing...

I'm doing the progression and just trying to get the barbell to bounce up to my chest and then back down. I thrust my hip but can't really get the bar up to that upright row position. Theyre called high pulls I believe

Are you talking about hip contact with the barbell? If this your first time learning this, I don’t suggest learning that right now.

If you been weightlifting for awhile, then it’s a technique that requires driving the bar as close as possible into your hip while extending - takes practice.

However you need to work on your 2nd pull first and extending.Almost like you’re trying to get the scarecrow arms but driving in almost a row position at the top.

Then again, if your pull Is powerful enough - you trying to your chest shouldn’t be a concern. More so working to get under

who’s coaching you?

here’s a video for the hip contact:

photo of full extension - I should have started to go down as soon as the bar made contact to my hips

2579A137-ED4F-4677-9817-5127E27BA9E6.png

Are you talking about hip contact with the barbell? If this your first time learning this, I don’t suggest learning that right now.

If you been weightlifting for awhile, then it’s a technique that requires driving the bar as close as possible into your hip while extending - takes practice.

However you need to work on your 2nd pull first and extending.Almost like you’re trying to get the scarecrow arms but driving in almost a row position at the top.

Then again, if your pull Is powerful enough - you trying to your chest shouldn’t be a concern. More so working to get under

who’s coaching you?

here’s a video for the hip contact:

photo of full extension - I should have started to go down as soon as the bar made contact to my hips

2579A137-ED4F-4677-9817-5127E27BA9E6.png

working with a plyometrics coach to max my explosiveness for basketball. He was telling me to make hip contact which was tricky. I think it's just a coordination thing with my arms not knowing what to do and being my first time.

I couldn't get it down so he made me do db snatches instead which I was able to do albeit not too clean as the dumbbell is too far away from my body.

Another earthquake. It’ll be crazy if another big one hit on October 17th. 30 years anniversary.

My wife told my hair that i have left at the crown of my head is super thin now and has gotten larger. |l

I think it's time I start researching clippers and accept my fate that I need to shave my head now.

I have a widows peak and it's annoying, I want to start buzzing my **** but I don't look cute I think with buzzed hair.

I'm noticing that my hair on top and especially the front is thinning a bit. Not too noticeable but i see it. Not even stressing about it.

need advice:
Job offer - lateral move so no monetary increase

Current job:
Great people
Great Boss
Pigeon holed when it comes to advancement
great work/life balance

Job Offer:
More prestigious title
better stepping stone for future career bath
boring work but shouldn't be more work just less "fun"

basically do i walk away from waht i know and am comfortable with to go to a potentially more boring job just for hopes that it helps my resume and future career

need advice:
Job offer - lateral move so no monetary increase

Current job:
Great people
Great Boss
Pigeon holed when it comes to advancement
great work/life balance

Job Offer:
More prestigious title
better stepping stone for future career bath
boring work but shouldn't be more work just less "fun"

basically do i walk away from waht i know and am comfortable with to go to a potentially more boring job just for hopes that it helps my resume and future career

The latter. I'd say always strive for advancement.

In our meeting My supervisor kept saying ”to make things easier on Stopcappin , Stopcappin is having to jump through hoops because of you , etc.”(I’m not) .... so it makes it looks like I was complaining / snitching ?

Back
Top Bottom