the thread about nothing...

source.gif

The 24 hr fitness I go to is closed til Spring 2020 for construction. Went to another one tonight that used to be Bally’s and it is horrible, so bad that I left in less than an hr and the other decent one that’s a little farther away is closing the weight area starting this Sunday till after Christmas. Sigh...

Last edited by a moderator:
The 24 hr fitness I go to is closed til Spring 2020 for construction. Went to another one tonight that used to be Bally’s is horrible, so bad that I left in less than an hr and the other decent one that’s a little farther away is closing the weight area starting this Sunday till after Christmas. Sigh...
Sounds fustrating this is why I don't do gym contracts.
Have you tried Lifetime fitness or Equinox?

Sounds fustrating this is why I don't do gym contracts.
Have you tried Lifetime fitness or Equinox?
I don’t know if there’s a lifetime fitness or equinox around me. I joined 24 hr fitness back in college for $300 for 3 years and $99 a year after. They don’t have deals like this anymore anywhere, I think.

If you don’t do gym contracts, where do you go? Just b-ball at the courts?

I don’t know if there’s a lifetime fitness or equinox around me. I joined 24 hr fitness back in college for $300 for 3 years and $99 a year after. They don’t have deals like this anymore anywhere, I think.

Damn, that's a great deal. I'm paying a little under $50/month for 24 hr fitness...

Damn, that's a great deal. I'm paying a little under $50/month for 24 hr fitness...
That’s a lot. Don’t they still do deals where you join for a couple of years for “x” amount of dollars? Still high but won’t be as much as $50 a month.

That’s a lot. Don’t they still do deals where you join for a couple of years for “x” amount of dollars? Still high but won’t be as much as $50 a month.

Yeah they did but I didn't know it at the time. My brother signed me up 3 years ago and he didn't know either. There was a deal through Costco for 2 years for $600. I put my friend on 2 years ago and his membership just ran out; I think they offered him $30+/month afterwards. I tried to get my rate lowered but no luck. |l

I've considered switching to LA fitness or something but the locations are further and I don't like their basketball courts as much.

The 24 hr fitness I go to is closed til Spring 2020 for construction. Went to another one tonight that used to be Bally’s and it is horrible, so bad that I left in less than an hr and the other decent one that’s a little farther away is closing the weight area starting this Sunday till after Christmas. Sigh...
Bayfair?

Yes. Are you from around this area? I can’t believe the one that used to be Bally’s is so bad, still using Bally’s weights, that’s over 10 years ago and the setting of equipments is all scattered.

When I first joined it was from a 24 hr in San Jose as a “family plan” with a couple of friends. The asst mgr was trying to get promoted or something so he wanted to look good on paper, at least that’s what he said.

That's hella of great deal, I had gotten the $50 a year plan 2 years ago, But the 24 I was going to closed up the basketball court at 12am..... I wouldn't have gotten the membership if k had known
at the time if they decided to pull that foolishness.

Only over the summer I just did a 1 month membership near a different 24hr by my apartment, but that place was trash.

Yes I do play outdoor when the weather is decent. Houston heat is no joke especially in the summer. Not fun playing in 100+ degree weather.

Yeah they did but I didn't know it at the time. My brother signed me up 3 years ago and he didn't know either. There was a deal through Costco for 2 years for $600. I put my friend on 2 years ago and his membership just ran out; I think they offered him $30+/month afterwards. I tried to get my rate lowered but no luck. |l

I've considered switching to LA fitness or something but the locations are further and I don't like their basketball courts as much.
I remember that Costco deal. But they didn’t offer a cheaper monthly or annual rate after the membership ends. For a while 24 had deals where it’s $700~ for 2 years and $50 annually after.

I’ve heard LAFitness is really nice. Is that the more popular gym around SoCal? How much are memberships going for there?

That's hella of great deal, I had gotten the $50 a year plan 2 years ago, But the 24 I was going to closed up the basketball court at 12am..... I wouldn't have gotten the membership if k had known
at the time if they decided to pull that foolishness.

Only over the summer I just did a 1 month membership near a different 24hr by my apartment, but that place was trash.

Yes I do play outdoor when the weather is decent. Houston heat is no joke especially in the summer. Not fun playing in 100+ degree weather.
That’s still a good deal for $50 a year even if they did close the court at 12am.

100+ degree is just too hot for anything ahah. Gonna get heat stroke playing in that heat.

Yes. Are you from around this area? I can’t believe the one that used to be Bally’s is so bad, still using Bally’s weights, that’s over 10 years ago and the setting of equipments is all scattered.

When I first joined it was from a 24 hr in San Jose as a “family plan” with a couple of friends. The asst mgr was trying to get promoted or something so he wanted to look good on paper, at least that’s what he said.
Yep when I was younger I went to that gym. When I visit fam I'll go with my boy sometimes. That's a poppin gym to get shut down lol

Used my epipen for the first time last night and surprisingly it doesn’t hurt. I thought that shot would but naw bro. **** was easy.

Back
Top Bottom