the thread about nothing...

I just put myself in a hole of depression.
Looking back and I realized that I'm actually a very smart person but I never applied myself to anything.

I was a +#!+ up in high school and I didn't get my act straight till my senior year.

Now I'll never get into a good college 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

B.a.r is now vintage wiz?
laugh.gif

Very much so, we'll never see that Wiz again.

i didnt really like bar but his last mixtape was pretty good. called taylor allerdice i think

K&OJ >>

Had a good workout, finished an essay portion of a test, and half off sonic drinks today.....strawberry slush FTW

Today's gonna be a good day

men that co sign hairy {()}
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

men that rather sit next to another man rather than a chick in the row ahead
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

the 3 train
sick.gif
alien.gif
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif
$3 for a can of monster
30t6p3b.gif

gonna have to spend all weekend doing hw
30t6p3b.gif

diarrhea 
alien.gif
30t6p3b.gif

chocolate nutriment
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Looking back and I realized that I'm actually a very smart person but I never applied myself to anything.

I was a +#!+ up in high school and I didn't get my act straight till my senior year.

ohwell.gif
not the end of the world man.  its never too late.

go to community college and put in work.  dont slack off and if you really are as smart as you say you are and you give 100% effort you should be able to kill it in CC and maintain a really high GPA.  Apply to transfer to a 4 yr university.  If you really push, you will still be on pace with your current classmates.  When you graduate from that university, theres no asterisk on your diploma because you transfered from a CC.  Your diploma is as solid as any diploma issued from that school.

Its never too late to turn it around.  Its just a copout for people who dont want to put the hard work and effort into bettering themselves.  dont be that guy.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Anybody wanna be a film producer, director, etc?
no.

theres no money in it for average joes.

my sister in law is graduating from UCLA Film this Spring and my wife is very concerned about her ability to make a decent living (and also payoff the mountain of debt she accrued from attending Film school).

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

ohwell.gif

go to community college and put in work.  dont slack off and if you really are as smart as you say you are and you give 100% effort you should be able to kill it in CC and maintain a really high GPA.  Apply to transfer to a 4 yr university.  If you really push, you will still be on pace with your current classmates.  When you graduate from that university, theres no asterisk on your diploma because you transfered from a CC.  Your diploma is as solid as any diploma issued from that school.

Its never too late to turn it around.  Its just a copout for people who dont want to put the hard work and effort into bettering themselves.  dont be that guy.

sn2naq.jpg

Damn man.
I really don't know how to respond to that, that's probably the best advice about my education that I've ever gotten.

I know it probably doesn't mean much but thanks dude, NT never lets me down 
pimp.gif

just got home and checked on my fed ex tracking number and missed it by 20 minutes.  requested for pick up but it says that its not eligible. feelswthman

Originally Posted by Caerus

Anybody wanna be a film producer, director, etc?
no.

theres no money in it for average joes.

my sister in law is graduating from UCLA Film this Spring and my wife is very concerned about her ability to make a decent living (and also payoff the mountain of debt she accrued from attending Film school).

really tough to make a decent living.  my sisters friend graduated years back from ucsc and ucla.  he's worked on a few small projects and done some production stuff, but you really need that connnection, esp. in hollywood.  he gets by financially, but still got massive loans to pay off.

ohwell.gif

sn2naq.jpg

Damn man.
I really don't know how to respond to that, that's probably the best advice about my education that I've ever gotten.

I know it probably doesn't mean much but thanks dude, NT never lets me down 
pimp.gif

dont thank me.  i didnt do anything.  youre the one thats gonna have to do the hard work
smile.gif

i just hope that more young dudes like yourself understand that you still got a lot of life to live when youre only 17-18.  I've seen a lot of people make comebacks from some early slip ups in their academic careers.

i was (and to an extent) the same as you when I was a younger.  I coasted through most of life just on God given talent/intelligence and never really applied myself.  To make matters worse, I am a fairly convincing S.O.B and managed to drag a buncha my friends into the same downward spiral.  My freshman year in college, it was me and 4 other dudes I had met that year in the dorms and we were thick as thieves.  I was always the instigator, convincing the crew to go out and get blitzed everynight from Wed night through the weekend.  Only 3 of the 5 of us managed to stay in school after that year.  My other 2 boys dropped out cause they were basically failing every class.  Even amongst the 3 of us, we werent doin so hot.  I was going to school on an academic scholarship and I was put on probation and on the verge of losing it cause my grades were so low.  My other 2 friends were both on academic probation and on the verge of droppin out too.

FFWD to today.  One of my boys who dropped out enrolled into a junior college, got his grades up, transferred back to a 4 yr university, got his degree, then got into NYU for grad school, and now has a nice gig making decent bucks with some nice shiny diplomas to showoff on his wall.  One of the other dudes who didnt drop out started to put in work soph year and on, graduated on time, and when i caught up with him 2 years removed from graduation, dude was already banking 6fig+ and living the good life.

all it takes it a little bit of God given talent a lot of hard work

Originally Posted by cap1229

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk
Dude what has just been seen can not be unseen. Have you met him? Is he a character? That BET tat on his chest tho
roll.gif
nah, my boy is trying to get him to come up here this summer though so we all can go clubbing.  riff just flies him out to houston and la to see him like monthly.  their parents are divorced and his dad lives here and his mom is in houston.  i asked what they said when he started rapping and they were like.
alien.gif
laugh.gif
but figured as long as he's happy.  i guess he was mad quiet growing up too. 

Back
Top Bottom