the thread about nothing...

That box is definitely possessed!
Edz9MtzUMAAkP2K.jpeg

I eat meat but I would probably go vegan if it were more convenient. I don't know if I can ever kill an animal and eat it right away though. :blush:

Agreed. My wife is a vegetarian and i have seen the cows being playful vids, and pigs being smarter then dogs vids, and the slaughterhouse vids and yet i still eat meat and its literally out of shear laziness.

I do think if i was going to convert i could be a pescatarian (only eat fish). for some reason i don't have the same feelings about fish...like they def are dumber then the rest of the meat...so like...eff em?

Agreed. My wife is a vegetarian and i have seen the cows being playful vids, and pigs being smarter then dogs vids, and the slaughterhouse vids and yet i still eat meat and its literally out of shear laziness.

I do think if i was going to convert i could be a pescatarian (only eat fish). for some reason i don't have the same feelings about fish...like they def are dumber then the rest of the meat...so like...eff em?
I know you know what you are saying is wild.

A living being is a living being.

Morally, how can you rationalize eating fish but not other animals.

You are better than this.

I openly admit to being a hypocrite with a lot of things i also have my own moral standards. I am evolving...the one thing i can definitively say is i am 100% against factory farming

i don’t

we lately (last 50 years) have embraced this sort of lifestyle only recently where every sort of food is always readily available. Killing animals via factory farming doesn’t sit right with me either

100% ?

You don't see/agree with ANY of the pros FF offers?

Without writing a diatribe on this topic....meat consumption in my opinion is too high in this country. Farming can be done way more humanely if consumption drops. Animals should be allowed to roam free.
I am a believer that if you had wild cows and no one ate meat they would get ripped apart by packs of wolves or other wild animals so the thought of confined living to be used later in life to eat does not entirely bother me. But the practices used in a lot of farms is appalling

i don’t

we lately (last 50 years) have embraced this sort of lifestyle only recently where every sort of food is always readily available. Killing animals via factory farming doesn’t sit right with me either

You are aware factory farming also allows for someone in Nebraska to eat a PineApple or an Orange in February, right?

You are aware that factory farming allows the price of food to be at a level that more people are able to access, right?

When people think of FF, they tend to only think about Hampton and Porky being treated inhumanely. That isn't the start nor end of FF.

Without writing a diatribe on this topic....meat consumption in my opinion is too high in this country. Farming can be done way more humanely if consumption drops. Animals should be allowed to roam free.
I am a believer that if you had wild cows and no one ate meat they would get ripped apart by packs of wolves or other wild animals so the thought of confined living to be used later in life to eat does not entirely bother me. But the practices used in a lot of farms is appalling
See my response above.

I am simply saying the concept of being 100% against it sounds noble but it is disingenuous.

Factory farming is necessary because we’ve decided as a society that we want a small percentage of our population to create food for everyone + decided that very high levels of consumption is an expected norm

I simply don’t agree with that basic fundamental shift. Ergo i don’t agree with factory farming.

I think there is something integral to the human spirit about growing real food. And that we’ve lost that. It’s my dream to someday have a simple farm and get back to those roots. Eggs, bread, vegetables, soups, and a meat freezer. Im not against modern day luxuries -> definitely this is a selfish endeavor. Don’t think the world is going to change. but i’ll do what i can with the circumstances of our world to create a mini world that fits better into what I value.

I theory, (when reminded) I don't like the idea of animals being treated like many are via the food industry.

However, I enjoy being able to eat whichever animal I want regardless of the day and time.

Both things can be true and I would assume, every non-vegan in this thread claiming to be AGAINST the inhumane treatment of animals feels the same way.

So is a person that willingly participates in such a system REALLY against it?

My answer would be no.

That person might be against the thought/visual of it but actions say otherwise.

How do you all feel about playing explicit music around children? I think it's inappropriate but a lot of people don't care.
Depends on the situation, but generallly I wouldn't do it. Even though with each coming generation, it seems like kids get exposed to profanity, drugs, etc. at an earlier age. I've even seen parents curse at or around their kids who are pre-school to elementary school age.

I theory, (when reminded) I don't like the idea of animals being treated like many are via the food industry.

However, I enjoy being able to eat whichever animal I want regardless of the day and time.

Both things can be true and I would assume, every non-vegan in this thread claiming to be AGAINST the inhumane treatment of animals feels the same way.

My answer would be no.

That person might be against the thought/visual of it but actions say otherwise.

one of my vegan bodybuilding friends often compares the killing of animals for food to African slaves and Or racism.

for instance, he would change a statement like yours to

“In theory, (when reminded) I don't like the idea of slaves being treated like many are via the slave trade industry.

However, I enjoy being able to Have free labor and goods provided for me regardless of the day and time.

Both things can be true and I would assume, any anti-slavery person in this thread claiming to be AGAINST the inhumane treatment of humans feels the same way.

My answer would be no.

That person might be against the thought/visual of slavery but actions say otherwise.”

Yes he compares slavery in the united states, to the acceptable practice of eating animals for human sustenance.

MY gut reaction is to freak out and say there is no comparison. He’s a monster, how could he think that way etc. But taking a step back and really thinking about it, I can understand his point of view, even if I don’t agree with it. From the standpoint of “animals are NO DIFFERENT than humans.” I can see where his argument is coming from.

I don’t mean to present an argument with what what you’re talking about here, just thought I’d add a POV from a strict vegan animal rights advocate.

My answer would be no.

I have been thinking about similar things like this for a min in regards to people I think are only virtue signaling lol. if they care a cause so much, why aren't they investing their time in actually helping improve it through actions? I haven't came to a conclusion yet though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom