the thread about nothing...

Heard the most absurd argument about materialism from a coworker yesterday
Her bicycle got stolen (again) and when she said it wasn't locked, I of course asked why on earth she'd leave it unlocked in a city like Ghent
She then said she stole the bike because it was unlocked and feels like it's only fair to never lock a stolen bike. Then she said she'd never steal a bicycle that was locked, because to her that's awful and those people are scum.
I laughed at the absurd logic and then when I asked why she doesn't just buy and lock one or rent a city bike, she claimed it was because buying a bicycle goes against her anti-materialism view on bicycles. On our way walking her home, she came across another unlocked bicycle and stole that one.

Honestly I'm baffled by the way some people's brains work
:rofl::rofl:This Amy friend of yours sounds like a character and a half. This is cringe, stupidity, comedy & wtf all mixed into one lmao.

Outta curiosity where was the ceremony?

Mine was at rhe Queens Center Mall foodcourt. Not even the main one in the basement, the side one nexto to like an Aunti Anne’s on one side and a ice cream thing on the other. :lol:
Dude, the hell? QCM food court? :lol: I know the exact Auntie Anne's & ice cream thing you're talking about lmao. I always assumed these formal doings were done at courts or gov't buildings in Manhattan. So strange to know they're not lol.

Dude, the hell? QCM food court? :lol: I know the exact Auntie Anne's & ice cream thing you're talking about lmao. I always assumed these formal doings were done at courts or gov't buildings in Manhattan. So strange to know they're not lol.

Bruh thats what I said. This was when I was in HS so years and years ago but when my mom told me at the time I was like what for real? :lol:

I'd be hella excited too. Better to be overdressed than underdressed imo, it shows the effort in her caring for the event + she was happy & letting that happiness shine through a well put together outfit is :emoji_ok_hand:
I said the same before she left and even told her to expect something quick due to the pandemic not allowing a full ceremony. She said the longest part of the whole thing was waiting to go through the metal detector process.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO
Congrats to the fam bro. My mom's and family members went through it too. It's a beautiful thing.
Aww man that’s nice. I wish her ceremony was like that but you know what’s happened recently so I understand the safety measures.

Bruh thats what I said. This was when I was in HS so years and years ago but when my mom told me at the time I was like what for real? :lol:
That's just hilarious to me man- something so official being conducted at such a local & unofficial location :lol: . QCM was THE place to be in HS lmao the amount of $ I burnt and wasted on baggy clothes from that era in that mall smh lol good times. To you & TURBO UNO TURBO UNO is it worth it going through with the certificate/taking an oath part of the process? I remember my mom(God rest her soul) went to a Manhattan office back in '08 to do her swearing in ceremony. My older bro & I naturalized in '94 & got our U.S. passports few years ago but never did the swearing in ceremony where they give you the certificate with your name on it. Last time I checked it's a $900 process maybe a little more now. I've been meaning to get it done but always put it off. If I do do it, I can't wait to munch on some pretzels while waiting for the ceremony to begin :lol:

:rofl::rofl:This Amy friend of yours sounds like a character and a half. This is cringe, stupidity, comedy & wtf all mixed into one lmao.
Yeah she’s quite the character to say the least :lol:
And once she finishes and defends her thesis, she’ll have her masters degree in clinical psychology.

As I said earlier, I love to just pick her brain and see what strange thoughts come out. I always have a very enjoyable time with her.

She’s been great for my mental health too. All thanks to her I’m no longer a closed book irl when it comes to my mental health. She was the first person I disclosed my opioid addiction to, something I had kept secret from everyone besides my mom and doctors. Now all of my friends and all my coworkers know and I’m finally able to confront the opioid abuse.
Despite how messed up she is, I do think she’ll be a good psychologist.

I can't wait to munch on some pretzels while waiting for the ceremony to begin :lol:
Mom said they didn’t offer ****. It was quick enough that they didn’t need to, lol.

To answer your question though, I didn’t go with her to the ceremony. It was mainly for them to experience and make official.

Aww man that’s nice. I wish her ceremony was like that but you know what’s happened recently so I understand the safety measures.
It's all good. The ceremony is ok, but just getting naturalized is really the beautiful part. They leave everything they know and come here to build a future for us. I can't even imagine the amount of uncertainty they must've shouldered during that time. It's a beautiful thing just knowing where they are with all they've done and sacrificed over the years.

It's all good. The ceremony is ok, but just getting naturalized is really the beautiful part. They leave everything they know and come here to build a future for us. I can't even imagine the amount of uncertainty they must've shouldered during that time. It's a beautiful thing just knowing where they are with all they've done and sacrificed over the years.

My parents came here in the 70’s and they put up with a lot, it wasn’t easy. My dad is the only one who hasn’t gone through with the paperwork but that could be because it still shows on record that he kicked a cop back in 1973 :lol: :blush::smh:

I've had dudes ask me for money in parking lots plenty of times One dude had the nerve to ask me for money while wearing a pair of Yeezys. This was a few years ago when Yeezys were all the rage and resale was insane.

I don't mind giving out a little change here and there, but don't come up to me in Yeezys acting like you're poor and need money. Come on, man |l
It's always in the parking lots. Something similar but different setting happened to me last Friday. Since I'm on my vacation weeks I'm able to catch the Friday afternoon Jumah prayers at my local Mosque. Usually outside the Mosque you'll see people who are down on their luck asking for change b4 during & after the prayer. When I was leaving the Mosque a young man(prolly 23 years of age) asked me to help him. I was in my zone & he caught me off guard, when I looked up I see this what appears to be a young, healthy & probably able man asking for $. I politely told him I don't have any cash & I really didn't. Walking to the car I asked my pops like he looks really healthy right & I didn't see any crutches or wheelchair near em. He should be out there working making that bank. My dad was straight up & said he's just being lazy & looking for handouts. I try my best not to judge & assume things about others & I totally understand not all physical limitations & illnesses can be visually seen but it just got me thinking like idk this dude realltly shouldn't be begging when he looks to be in good health. He was dressed decently too

Man he still doesn’t. I’ve told him to chill because he’s liable to tag me into some **** :lol:

Dad: Back me up son!
Me: Wait! What happened?!?
:pimp::nthat:
6b60af4989a3c711ac78201a35bced73.gif

Had to go to Walmart just now and it reassured me why I never go there. Was like 4 of us waiting for someone in the electronics dept. Waited for 15 min until finally these 2 knuckle heads come out from the back. Sporting their Dodger gear, pretty sure they were in the back watching the game. The dude who ended helping me had this attitude like we were bothering him. Trash *** employees.

Had to go to Walmart just now and it reassured me why I never go there. Was like 4 of us waiting for someone in the electronics dept. Waited for 15 min until finally these 2 knuckle heads come out from the back. Sporting their Dodger gear, pretty sure they were in the back watching the game. The dude who ended helping me had this attitude like we were bothering him. Trash *** employees.

That’s wack as **** man, you should’ve reported them to their shift manager for doing customers like that. They can watch the game from home on their mama’s couch.

Back
Top Bottom