the thread about nothing...

Got a promotion at work today. Got overlooked for the manager position since I didn't ask for it(was given to a new guy 1 month on the job), but was told to check back in the upcoming weeks/month for a opening.

I guess it's my fault for expecting the previous manager to follow through on her promise.

🤷‍♂️

Got a promotion at work today. Got overlooked for the manager position since I didn't ask for it(was given to a new guy 1 month on the job), but was told to check back in the upcoming weeks/month for a opening.

I guess it's my fault for expecting the previous manager to follow through on her promise.

🤷‍♂️

Thats messed up how they passed you over but I’m glad you got a promotion. All good though, you’re one step closer and you got experience in your side. Good work my dude :pimp:

Thats messed up how they passed you over but I’m glad you got a promotion. All good though, you’re one step closer and you got experience in your side. Good work my dude :pimp:
Yeah I didn't think to ask of it until the guy I'm replacing(he got promoted to assistant manager at a different location) told me to do so. There's always been high turnover at the store(I'm the only FT cashier currently) but there's like 5-6 people that are all leaving to new locations/retirement next week.

They even increase the base wages due to the turnover.

On a side note(still work related though):
Apologies that I speak on work so much, but it's how I spend the majority of days right now.

While I was walking away from the cash register, a customer(woman) asked "Where the hell are you going, I need you to check me out.". I apologized and went back. She didn't say it in a rude or angry tone(I wouldn't get upset about it either way) or anything, but I found it interesting when she asked me if I was married because there's "no way I'm that humble."

Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or insult.

Apologies that I speak on work so much, but it's how I spend the majority of days right now.

While I was walking away from the cash register, a customer(woman) asked "Where the hell are you going, I need you to check me out.". I apologized and went back. She didn't say it in a rude or angry tone(I wouldn't get upset about it either way) or anything, but I found it interesting when she asked me if I was married because there's "no way I'm that humble."

No apologies needed my dude, speak on whatever you’d like. TAN fam will always hear you.

Its so wild for me to hear customers talk like that to employees. I’m really trying hard to remember if I’ve ever done that. I usually just shake my head if I’m annoyed. I pray I don’t blow up some day :lol: :blush:

D6CFBC9E-7283-4BD9-8C9E-613C3599874B.jpeg

Been crushing numbers at work the last 2 - 3 years. Salesman of the year in 2019. Then they halted the acknowledgment in 2020 because of the pandemmy, but I still have top numbers.

boss calls me into the office today and tells me “your numbers are close to top dawg again. You’ll get a fatty raise if you hit this tiny increase in sales to close out the year. Should be super easy as long as your team runs the playbook, per usual.”

one of my longest tenured employees just put in his 2 weeks and has basically checked out completely. So now I gotta hire a rookie and bust my *** to hit these numbers that should have been cakewalk. It’s been a rough year, I might just deliberately underperform so I can crush it more easily next year. Lakers, Patriots, Yankees, Alabama, all can’t win forever 🤷‍♀️

I'd take that as a compliment. normally, when women ask if you were married, that's a sign they are interested.

Strained my back in the gym yesterday. This pain is terrible but gives you perspective and a little more appreciation for when you're 100% :smh:
I'm on my 3rd week of hiatus from working out. skipping the deadlifts for now til my knees are fully recovered. guess I put too much strain on my knees and legs. my knees are getting better but would still need some added rest and therapy. atleast there is less cramps and tightness now around my knees and calves. however, joints are still quite clicky and experiencing some nagging sharp pain. I'm off the knee braces but I might put them once in a while to alleviate pain. going for a massage tomorrow and possibly some physio next week for some ultrasound treatment.

Back
Top Bottom