the thread about nothing...

Anyone recall the military 4’s drop in 2006? Great looking shoe, but the quality was atrocious.
1659026555780.jpeg
Damn just checked my pair and they're falling apart
20220728_133018.jpg

Last edited:
I went to a job interview and they told me it was 600 a month for medical insurance then dental was extra. Is that ordinary? 0]
Depends on the plan and how much the company covers.

In Southern California... Kaiser (on of the largest HMOs) basic plan could be anywhere from $500-750 (employee only) cost to the employer. Most companies worth a damn pay a significant portion of the monthly premiums.

Depends on the plan and how much the company covers.

In Southern California... Kaiser (on of the largest HMOs) basic plan could be anywhere from $500-750 (employee only) cost to the employer. Most companies worth a damn pay a significant portion of the monthly premiums.

It was good insurance 1000 dollar deductible for a family but my current insurance is way better. Cost me nothing with a 4k out of pocket max for family but it covers 80% until then. Maybe if I was constantly in the doctor I’d care about a low deductible but I’m not so I care about the monthly cost more.

Routine stuff is also free under my current insurance like teeth cleaning etc.

It was good insurance 1000 dollar deductible for a family but my current insurance is way better. Cost me nothing with a 4k out of pocket max for family but it covers 80% until then. Maybe if I was constantly in the doctor I’d care about a low deductible but I’m not so I care about the monthly cost more.

Routine stuff is also free under my current insurance like teeth cleaning etc.
As someone who lives in California, $600/month for health for a family sounds a little on the high side, but fairly reasonable for a decent PPO.

I went to a job interview and they told me it was 600 a month for medical insurance then dental was extra. Is that ordinary? 0]
At my job I'm a unionized employee BUT the electrician/plumbers & service dept workers are all mngmnt employees & they pay $700 monthly for health insurance :lol: . My cousin used to work for some company in bonds pronounced ah-pej(don't know the correct spelling) & they charged their employees $900 monthly for healthcare- outrageous these corporate big fish :smh:

Yeah I’m union and so was the job I talked to but the dumb *** employees voted in their own insurance.

Why in the world would you be a non union plumber or electrician? :lol:

The electricians here have TWO pensions. The local and international.

My employer pays for my healthcare. The idea of my employer charging me for my healthcare is crazy to me.
I don't have kids but if I did, it would extend to them as well. It's Allianz insurance as well, which must have actual robots working for them because they process all my bills within just mere weeks.

Oh for sure, especially when you’re doing that much work on the engine. It’s one of those “while I’m in here I might as well” type of things. Easy insurance.

E85 is dope because you get lots of power once you have a proper computer/dyno tune. All those mods you just did will be amplified even more. The E85 gas is slightly cheaper but the downside is....gas mileage. Reason? Because you need to add bigger injectors/fuel pump since it requires it. E85 is more stable a gas and reliable to the engine.
Nice! I did some research on it & although I had a vague idea on what it was before I now understand it thoroughly. 85% ethanol & 15% gas mixed in so it can ignite & burn properly + the pros you mentioned. I've never really considered it but I will talk about it to my performance enhancer when I'm ready to do my next round of mods & see what he recommends. Also googled it's availability in my zip code & compared to when I first bought my car E85 seems to be more readily available now. Let's see what happens down the line.

I remember we took a vote to change to a lower deductible plan but it would be something like Allianz too and we all voted against it because our provider now is union and employs actual people. We’re really about that life in construction. Get a worse plan to own the big guy. :lol:

My employer pays for my healthcare. The idea of my employer charging me for my healthcare is crazy to me.
I don't have kids but if I did, it would extend to them as well. It's Allianz insurance as well, which must have actual robots working for them because they process all my bills within just mere weeks.
Same here. One of the perks of working Healthcare.

Same here. One of the perks of working Healthcare.
I work in IT but in my country it's standard, at least as far as I know. The only difference is that some insurance plans are way better than others.

My employer used their Allianz healthcare coverage to entice me during my job interview :lol:
When I explained some of my medical issues, specifically the seizures, they just responded something along the lines of 'well we have a really good healthcare plan that ...' etc.

Nice! I did some research on it & although I had a vague idea on what it was before I now understand it thoroughly. 85% ethanol & 15% gas mixed in so it can ignite & burn properly + the pros you mentioned. I've never really considered it but I will talk about it to my performance enhancer when I'm ready to do my next round of mods & see what he recommends. Also googled it's availability in my zip code & compared to when I first bought my car E85 seems to be more readily available now. Let's see what happens down the line.
You’ll be happy when you make the switch. That increase should be sweet!

Our job is unionized but you can choose to opt out which would be stupid. Problem is most often times and some of the reps are in bed with management which is tricky. Such as unauthorized duties being added without pay and others. Just a few months ago, we threatened management to go on strike if our demands for a justified raise and reduction of duties and better treatment is not met within a set date which forced the hand of our union to take action and forced management as well. It inever reached to that and I guess they wouldnt survive a few hours without workers and the union losing their source of money.

I work in IT but in my country it's standard, at least as far as I know. The only difference is that some insurance plans are way better than others.

My employer used their Allianz healthcare coverage to entice me during my job interview :lol:
When I explained some of my medical issues, specifically the seizures, they just responded something along the lines of 'well we have a really good healthcare plan that ...' etc.
Allianz is great. We have it. Also it's true some insurance is better than others. Our coverage isn't as good now as was before.

Allianz is great. We have it. Also it's true some insurance is better than others. Our coverage isn't as good now as was before.
It's probably the best out there. Back when I was in highschool and was covered under my dad's employer's Allianz healthcare, they were miracle workers.
Even when I had my lung and knee surgeries, they processed those bills in under a month. Even now they still process my bills in record times, I don't know how they do it.

Every day when you’re walkin down the street

Everybody that ya meet

Has an original point of view

And I say HEY! HEY!

What a wonderful kind of day

To work, and run, and play

And get along with each other

Gotta listen to your heart

Listen to the beat, listen to the rhythm

The rhythm of the street

Open up your eyes, open up your mind, and get together, and work it together

Back