the thread about nothing...

The keyboarding class I took in high school got my speed and accuracy up. Didn’t think much of it at the time but I definitely don’t look down when I type and I’m 80% percent accurate most of the time. I doubt schools even have keyboarding classes anymore, all these kids have been on computers and tablets since birth and don’t need it.
My IT teacher in highschool was always mad that I refused to try to learn typing with all fingers :lol: But either way I had the fastest wpm in class by far so at some point he just accepted it.
You'd think it's a crime to some of these people in the IT field to type with 2 to 4 fingers.

Reactions: ace
Yeah, my mom put me in a keyboard class for summer school in-between my 6th and 7th grade year (Mavis Beacon FTW).

Then in high school, my typing class had boxes made to place over keyboards. You could fit your hands in there but you couldn't see.

I still look down when I type though. And the reason why is because there are a lot of different keyboard orientations now. Keyboards used to be the same about 98 percent of the time. Now everyone makes one that's slightly different. Key sizes smaller. Or the ergonomical keyboard that is split down the middle. Laptop keyboards...**** has too much variance now.

Reactions: ace
My mom learned the old-fashioned way at her girls school where they made you wear an apron and put it over your hands - and I think there was some form of corporal punishment involved too!

On a good day I’m faster - but she’s very accurate.

Mavis Beacon taught me - it was a good use of a few days off. I was reasonably fast before but getting rid of bad habits definitely helped.

The keyboarding class I took in high school got my speed and accuracy up. Didn’t think much of it at the time but I definitely don’t look down when I type and I’m 80% percent accurate most of the time. I doubt schools even have keyboarding classes anymore, all these kids have been on computers and tablets since birth and don’t need it.

Legit one of the best classes and skills I learned. It was an elective option for me in 94/95 and I signed up because I was tryna holla at this chick I find out took the class. We were still using typewriters!

Needless to say I got all the invaluable typing skills that has greatly helped me in life. At the time, I naturally took an L on the girl lol.

Yesterday was an amazing day I'll never forget. So much more than I expected it to be. Looking forward to more races down the road.
IMG_20230408_062209.jpg

IMG_20230408_065904.jpg

Post race meal courtesy of Portillo's
IMG_20230408_080012~2.jpg

IMG_20230408_095802~3.jpg

IMG_20230408_105616_01~3.jpg

IMG_20230408_095645~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230408-094600~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230409-073925~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom