the thread about nothing...

m_5c2fd0c5aa8770d6e8ecbe92.jpg

acafc730-8e45-11ea-b5fd-0d49128ed657.jpeg

And i thought St. Louis was bad, lol. But i can say that ive also seen that. (we`re right under you, so it makes sense)
I'm in southern Illinois, hour and a half from STL. We had 2 days last week where one day the high was 71, low 53 and the next day the high was 50 and the low was 35. We were ALL like WTF?!

My sis picked the right time to go to Vegas, It was a hot weekend over there. When I went, it was hoodie temp.

My brother has always been incredibly smart academically, but is one of the most irresponsible people I know--particularly when it comes to money.

He just started practicing independently as an interventional cardiologist and is making a LOT, but I joked around with friends and family saying that he'd still find a way to end up with financial problems knowing him.

It's been two months since he started and he's wasted no time proving my point. So far he's purchased a brand new 911 Turbo and gave his ex-girlfriend $30K.

A lot of young people think theres a certain amount of money one could make to negate management of money. That’s where the “100k a year husband” thing comes from.

Your bother is the average person just on a bigger scale. Most people are self made broke bois who make good money.

Your bother is the average person just on a bigger scale. Most people are self made broke bois who make good money.
My girlfriend’s parents are like that. Her stepdad is easily clearing $300K/year and her mom is a tenured teacher making $135K/year. They could be living extremely comfortably, but their spending habits are completely wild. They spend about $600-700 a week on Doordash alone. Not sure why you’d get a dry-aged porterhouse for two from a steakhouse delivered, but they sure seem to enjoy it.

Very thankful she has my sensibilities when it comes to money. We splurge, but within reason.

It was like Michael Jordan was prepared to wear terrible pants in retirement since he already started doing it during his early years in his playing career as evidenced in that photo.

They should have jumped and whooped his stupid sorry a*s for doing that crap causing them to show concern unnecessarily.

My brother has always been incredibly smart academically, but is one of the most irresponsible people I know--particularly when it comes to money.

He just started practicing independently as an interventional cardiologist and is making a LOT, but I joked around with friends and family saying that he'd still find a way to end up with financial problems knowing him.

It's been two months since he started and he's wasted no time proving my point. So far he's purchased a brand new 911 Turbo and gave his ex-girlfriend $30K.

Lol he’s almost 40.

He’s also got a couple hundred thousand in student loan debt. He’s always tried to live beyond his means.

Thanks for your honesty about your brother.

You provided an absolutely perfect example that people can be book smart, but life stupid based on how they do things in the real world. Or more like F up bad in the real world.

It's never smart to spend or invest a lot of money in a car because it's literally a depreciating and deteriorating object. It should be common sense just to own an average car that is reliable to get you to where you have to go to.

What's worse is him giving his ex-girlfriend money. Why the F is he supporting her when they're no longer together? It clearly wasn't a good situation since they broke up, so why provide any support? Isn't the concept of exes supposed to mean they separated predicated on acrimony and should be going their own ways?

Another good example you provided is that people don't change after 25 because they're pretty much set in their ways, good or bad. Scientifics dictates that 25 is the age when the human brain fully develops.

A lot of young people think theres a certain amount of money one could make to negate management of money. That’s where the “100k a year husband” thing comes from.

Any man who makes a lot of money who's willing to support a sorry housewife and enable her to be lazy and fund her survival will always be a sucker, loser and failure in life.

door dash is a last resort. Not something you order steaks from. :lol:

To a point if you got your bills taken care of and your retirement whatever that may be I get it. You can’t take it with you.

I blow money on stuff I like too but I have a cheap house which is why I can live how I live. It also took me years to get to this point and got plenty savings.

My wife also works too.

Back
Top Bottom