the thread about nothing...

I don’t understand how people can have years of experience behind the wheel, yet not know how to parallel park.
Knowing how to do something overall doesn't mean you know how to do every individual element of it.
Even after doing it for years, most people know what they were taught, and teaching yourself is unfortunately not very common.
I taught myself how to drive, which including teaching myself how to drive a stick and parallel park. I taught myself how to hook up trailers, drive trailers, the little car maintenance I know.
In my experience & observation, people are simply comfortable not knowing something that they don't know.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FEe1U4VXIAYotM6.jpg

Knowing how to do something overall doesn't mean you know how to do every individual element of it.
Even after doing it for years, most people know what they were taught, and teaching yourself is unfortunately not very common.
I taught myself how to drive, which including teaching myself how to drive a stick and parallel park. I taught myself how to hook up trailers, drive trailers, the little car maintenance I know.
In my experience & observation, people are simply comfortable not knowing something that they don't know.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I grew up in a small town and I don't think there was any need for parallel parking within an hour drive, and my parents' and grandparents' generations rarely ventured far from home. Any time any of them are in the city with me and I parallel park they react like I just solved a rubix cube or something. It's kinda funny and kinda sad.

I grew up in a small town and I don't think there was any need for parallel parking within an hour drive, and my parents' and grandparents' generations rarely ventured far from home. Any time any of them are in the city with me and I parallel park they react like I just solved a rubix cube or something. It's kinda funny and kinda sad.

Me too - I grew up in a medieval city so it's a vital skill - and one which was on our driving test. My family in the US think I'm some sort of wizard how I can turn the wheel once and back into a space barely longer than my car.

I'm losing the skill a little though because the car I got last year has a 360 camera and sensors everywhere - makes it much easier but when I get in my son's car I have to think a bit. They don't assess that in the new driving test too - you just have to be able to park in a parking lot space. Sort of makes sense in that that's a common thing people have to do - but for living in the city most instructors still teach it.

I hate Yankees fans and I'm a Yankees fan. No other fanbase is unbearable and obnoxious.

Ohio State fans are the WORSTTTT. Sore losers.

I’ve had two old co workers/OSU fans delete me off Facebook for respectful smack talk when Michigan FINALLY started beating them. You guys trash talked for YEARS and the moment you lose the rivalry, you cry about it and can’t take a bit of trash talk back? FOH 🤣🤣

What do guys wear to nice Vegas clubs these days? Gonna be grabbing a $3,000 table at Omnia and I have no idea what to wear. Anybody got some examples of outfits that are common club attire?

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom